Page 35 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Thanks Atthias, but... where?

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    TATW.cfg in the Third Age Folder. Open it with wordpad/notepad/Winmerge

Notepad + editing with other programs will lead to crashes. But thanks guys, we hope something helpful turns up.

Ah FFS, now my logs are gone. Seriously- I copied from them above, now... gone, and MOS... still crashes.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Ah FFS, now my logs are gone. Seriously- I copied from them above, now... gone, and MOS... still crashes.
    I think you by bad luck you copypasted them over the red line here
    anyway make sure it looks this way under the [logs] part of the TATW cfg
    Code:
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error
    and try again
    good luck
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; January 21, 2017 at 10:20 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Will the new release integrate z3n's skynet ai mod?
    I've played with it in DaC and I have seen the AI do things in the campaign and battle that I would expect from a human.
    Siege assaults are now frequently a challenge, AI umbar launching naval invasions of Pelargir by turn 10(a faction which usually did nothing before) and Gondor attacking Morannon(A region it did not have a border to) and thats just what i've seen so far.

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

If i recall correctly, you have to do what atthias said in the TATW.cfg file located in the Medieval II Total War\mods\third_age_3 folder. The path may not be entirely correct, but the last folder is.

Also, as ever, don't forget to back it up before editing it and to make those edits using Notepad++.

EDIT: Something went bad with my browser and I couldn't see the answer was already given. Sorry.
    Last edited by Socrates1984; January 21, 2017 at 06:41 PM.

How do I test Hero of West's new campaign script(the one which includes the option of reunited kingdom)?I just replace the old one with the one and that's it?

Hey guys,

Can you reforge the Ancient Elven Kingdom whilst playing as Lothlorien?

Eagling,

Short answer: No, only the High and Silvain Elfs have reforge scripts.

Details about the scripts in the spoiler:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - Restore the Ancient Elven Kingdom

Overview: The High and Silvan Elves are given the opportunity to restore the ancient kingdoms and gain benefits by achieving this goal.
    How it works:
    (High Elves) Open the scroll listing Elrond's ancillaries and traits. Hover your mouse pointer over the ancillary named Noss-en-Fingolfin. This contains the requirements to reforge the Noldor Kingdom; repeated here:
    The following settlements must be conquered: Mithlond, Harlindon, Forlindon, Imladris, Elostirion, Ost-in-Edhil, Lond Daer, and Eryn Vorn.
    Elrond must still be alive; and you must have constructed a History Guild in Imladris and Jewel-Smith Guild in Ost-in-Edhil.
    If you reforge the Noldor Kingdom you will be rewarded with the ability to recruit Mithlond Nobels and Elven Smiths; the Lindon ancillary; +3 Authority, +3 Popularity and the Ororan Noldoron ancillary; +3 Authority, +1 Popularity

(Silvan Elves) Open the scroll listing Thranduil's ancillaries and traits. Hover your mouse pointer over the ancillary named King of the Silvan Elves. This contains the requirements to reforge the Sindar Kingdom; repeated here:
    The following settlements must be under your control: Thranduil's Halls, Eryn Dolen, Emyn-hu-Fúin, Ost-in-Gil, Dol Guldur, Wrakyaburg, Beorn's Halls and Rhosgobel.
    You must also have constructed a Florester Guild in Dol Guldur and Great Dance Guild in Thranduil's Halls.
    If you reforge the Sindar Kingdom you will be rewarded with the option to construct an Ent House, allowing for the recruitment of Ents; the ability to recruit Mirkwood Nobels; the Aran-en-Laiqua Taurë ancillary, +2 Authority, +2 Popularity and the Laiqua Taurë ancillary, +3 Authority, +3 Popularity.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    I have no idea what this is, but this is definitely not the error log... Where did you get this message and can you find your error log?
    This is the message that I received when my game CTD
    I don't know where I can find the "log" folder. Is it in the steam folder or in the medieval folder ?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by titus16 View Post
    I don't know where I can find the "log" folder. Is it in the steam folder or in the medieval folder ?
    Yes but where dit you get this message? Where did it pop up? Did you just get a popup screen after the crash and copy all of this? Because I've never seen something like this before.
    The log folder should be in the Medieval II folder, but it might be different on steam.
    Can anyone confirm where it is?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Yes but where dit you get this message? Where did it pop up? Did you just get a popup screen after the crash and copy all of this? Because I've never seen something like this before.
    (...)
    If I'm not mistaken, that is an Apple MacOS error report. It is probably not very useful in this case. Much like looking at a Windows crash report. This application has crashed, would you like to send a report.......

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that is an Apple MacOS error report. It is probably not very useful in this case. Much like looking at a Windows crash report. This application has crashed, would you like to send a report.......
    Yep, Mac OS error log.

I do not think anyone can do much about Mac M2TW/Kingdoms+TATW+MOS errors on this site.

Sorry titus16
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    That explains why I've never seen it before. I've always dismissed the Windows reports as completely irrelevant to any kind of problem solving and it usually is.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Yep, Mac OS error log.

I do not think anyone can do much about Mac M2TW/Kingdoms+TATW+MOS errors on this site.

Sorry titus16
    DAC works fine he says, so it might be a perfectly normal problem with a perfectly normal solution.

DAC works fine he says, so it might be a perfectly normal problem with a perfectly normal solution.
    I meant to say: I do not think anyone can do much about Mac M2TW/Kingdoms+TATW+MOS error LOGS on this site.

If you can find one, I am more than happy to be proven wrong.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by titus16 View Post
    go to you medieval 2 folder there should be a folder called logs inside the log folder there should be a file called system log
    zip that file[use this for it it is freeware http://www.kekaosx.com/en/] and ipload it somewhere and post the link here
    good luck
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hi thanks for the great work as modders you are great guys to gives us so much of youre work!
    Anyway i have instaled the 1.6.2 version of MOS in order to be compatible with the RK sub sub mod. But i cant launch it, when i double click it makes an error window "windows script host"

it says: Third_Age_3\G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    Line: 27
    Character: 23
    Eror: Permission refused
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Error of excution Microsoft VBScript

I tried to launch it as administrator but another error message said that kingdoms.exe is not found, but i have kingdoms.exe and had already played TA and DaC with any problem, do i must reinstall? pls reply quick

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Just for the fun of it, i present you some of the work i have been doing on 1.8.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hero Of The West this is a great job what you are doing there
    Is the 1.8 version will be available soon? I know it's very time-eater (excuse my lck of english expressions) but i just can't wait to play as Arnor and reunite the men of the West!!!! I just want to know if there is (or not i hope) a lot of work remaining... Thank you to you and to all the modding team you guys are awesome!

Also i still have some problems in launching TA and MOS, when i launch the game i see the loading screen for 2 secs then it disappear but no error message, nothing.
    I followed every instructions in the maximum of my capacities (i'm not very cumfortable when i must modify the files, i dont trust my intuition in these cases). So i decided to uninstall all the files, erase them, re-install M2 Kingdoms, re-download the whole thing. I will send a message tomorrow if there is some advancements in my problems but please someone, anyone, i need HELP, if it doesnt work tomorrow i will not know what to do and its very frustrating because TA and DaC were working pretty well until i wanted try MOS....
    Ty for the reply have a nice day and keep up the good work!