Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by kirblh12 View Post
    I've noticed the high elves have a ton of upgrades for the armory building, do these upgrades have any appearance changes, for that matter does any faction have that besides gondor?
    Armor upgrades might turn the Elven armor back to gold again, but I'm not 100% sure. Otherwise there are no changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TWJunky View Post
    is there a way to make the AI defend settlements better. they always seem to hang out in the town center.
    Not really, by TW standards MOS actually has a rather smart AI. I know, that's not saying a lot
    There might be some AI mods out there that are sort of compatible with MOS, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Retógenes View Post
    I have been playing this mod that weekend, and it's more wonderful than I remembered (And I'm saying a lot already!). I played Empire, Napoleon, Rome II (the worst campaign by far for me ), S2 and Attila... But nothing is compared to the challenge and care that this mod have. I think we can never see anything like the "Old Good MII/R1 Mods" in the TW franchise again. Tons of scripts, descriptions, missions, settlements... It's simply perfect!

I started with Gondor, and my brother (who played MOS for first time), with Silvan Elves (When I see the Rebel spiders, it was a totally surprise for me!). No problems at all, except for a CTD after deploying in a battle with a Rebel army of Orcs and spiders near Cerin Dholen, in the Elven road (It seems that it was a random CTD, because next time that he played the battle, everything works well).

I only have a small question: Is there any submod for MOS that divides the dwarves faction into Dwarves of Ered Luin and Dwarves of the Iron Hills/Erebor?

Thanks again for your work. I don't remember to mention it , but it is marvelous.
    Thank you!
    There are to the best of my knowledge no submods for MOS that divide the Dwarven factions, no. DAC has 3 factions, as you no doubt know, but for MOS it's just way too much hassle for very little gain in terms of gameplay.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

I've noticed the high elves have a ton of upgrades for the armory building, do these upgrades have any appearance changes, for that matter does any faction have that besides gondor?
    no changes in regards to how uints look save for gondor 100% sure
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; January 09, 2017 at 03:47 PM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Armor upgrades might turn the Elven armor back to gold again, but I'm not 100% sure. Otherwise there are no changes.

Ok thanks. I'm curious as to what the thought process was for silver elf armor as opposed to gold considering they were always gold in the movies. Was it personal preference or was there a lore justification?
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 10, 2017 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I'm curious as to what the thought process was for silver elf armor as opposed to gold considering they were always gold in the movies. Was it personal preference or was there a lore justification?
    A bit of both. The golden/brazen armours was in invention by the films (AFAIK to symbolize it was still in the prime of the Elves, by Weta Workshop & PJ). It was considered more in line with lore, and more realistic, to give them a steel apperance.
    You can get the golden look through a patch if you prefere that, see the OP, under the spolier box named "Recommended submods and patches for MOS 1.7"
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 10, 2017 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote so it works and shows the right quoted person

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Fair enough, thanks for the info, unfortunately this has opened up another question. Under the enchanted mos mod features it mentions new units from Dac, would you happen to know where I could find a list of them? I'm curious as to if the enchanted submod would be worth considering I'm quite happy with mos itself.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Fair enough, thanks for the info, unfortunately this has opened up another question. Under the enchanted mos mod features it mentions new units from Dac, would you happen to know where I could find a list of them? I'm curious as to if the enchanted submod would be worth considering I'm quite happy with mos itself.
    I think you mean the "Enhanced MOS v1.70 Sub-MOD". Although I must say that personally, I would love to play an "enchanted" mod one day.

As for your question, I have no idea what rafmc1989 precisely included in his submod. As stated, this mod is not made by the MOS team and we don't provide support for it.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

So is the BG changer no longer compatible now? It seems it was in 1.62, but I may have missed something. Otherwise top sub-mod

Nope, it has not been updated for v1.7

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

can sombody please tell me how to/where to change the ancillary trigger. winning fist gets trigger all the time. if you just touch a routing soldier with anbody you get the trait. i have experimented arround for days now and i have come to this conculsion.

export_descr_character_traits.txt in the data-folder.
    ALWAYS backup files before you edit them.

Winning First is level 1 of the trait "BattleDread". There's a lot of factors that can make a general get it indeed.
    The exception seems to be if Good factions fight catholics (ingame "Followers of Sauron") in most cases, unless it's a battle they started against either very inferior or suprior enemy armies, then it do not matter if it's catholics or not.
    Orc factions (culture eastern_european) seems to the trait even easier.

Thus, see the section under
    Code:
    ;########################################################################
    ;############# Battle Dread #############################################
    All the way down to
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    ;############# Battle Chivalry ##########################################
    Easiest is to edit the % chance in the triggers that results in that the generals get the trait, under each entries circumstance.
    For example:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    Trigger battle2_Dread_Orcs_PickingOnWeak
        WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WasAttacker
              and WonBattle
              and BattleOdds > 1.3
              and PercentageEnemyKilled > 50
    ;          and not Trait BattleChivalry > 0
          and CultureType eastern_european
              and not Trait Aragorn2 > 0
              and not Trait Frodo2 > 0
              and not Trait Sam2 > 0
              and not Trait Merry > 0
              and not Trait Pippin > 0
              and not Trait Gandalf2 > 0
              and not Trait Gandalf_white > 0
              and not Trait Legolas2 > 0
              and not Trait Gimli2 > 0
              and not Trait Boromir2 > 0
              and not Trait Faramir2 > 0
              and not Trait Theoden2 > 0

Affects BattleDread  1  Chance  70

The final line could be lowered, to for example:
    Code:
     Affects BattleDread  1  Chance  25
    or whatever you like, reducing the risk.
    For such a simple file you could presumbly use Notepad to edit, but it's always safer to get and use Notepad++ which is a freeware.
    And again, backup the file first, in case something goes wrong.
    Saved game compatible.
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 10, 2017 at 01:46 PM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

how do i give the shire autonomy and get bandobras archers + other hobbit units? I'm on almost turn 100 of an Eriador campaign (about to form Arnor) and I haven't got an event or any new hobbit units and I can't upgrade the shire past the starting village level.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Greymane; yes indeed- I had forgotten that it was *for* MOS 1.62, not *in*.

As I have posited some posts above. Gondor is deffo not overpowered. It gets overrun in all my games as other factions.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsch27 View Post
    how do i give the shire autonomy and get bandobras archers + other hobbit units? I'm on almost turn 100 of an Eriador campaign (about to form Arnor) and I haven't got an event or any new hobbit units and I can't upgrade the shire past the starting village level.
    You do not. MOS removed that feature since it was, quite properly considering lore, deemed unbefitting and silly to lead Hobbit compines out on military campaigns, and the script was deemed a bit tedious while the script-heavy MOS always could do with some less scripts. Remember when it was decided, but they were kept in garrison scripts and the Last Stand-stack for the AI, so that they will defend their homes (the only case Hobbits in arms make sense).

Checking now I see the AI is allowed to recruit them again, while the player may not. Seems intentional rather than something missed, so not quite sure what the concept was here.
    If you want to enable them to be recruited, backup and then open export_descr_buildings.txt that you din in the data-folder.
    Look this building up and delete the end text on the unit entries (marked in blue by me):
    Code:
    building hobbit
    {
        levels hobbit
        {
            hobbit city requires factions { turks, byzantium, timurids, }  and hidden_resource hobbits
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit_pool "Hobbit Archers"  1   0.07   2  0  requires factions { turks, byzantium, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1
                    recruit_pool "Hobbit Infantry"  1   0.07   2  0  requires factions { turks, byzantium, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1
                    recruit_pool "Bandobras Archers"  1   0.05   2  0  requires factions { turks, byzantium, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1
                    law_bonus bonus -6 requires event_counter smials_riot 1
                    religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { turks, byzantium, } and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
                    recruitment_slots 1
                }
    So it looks like this:
    Code:
    building hobbit
    {
        levels hobbit
        {
            hobbit city requires factions { turks, byzantium, timurids, }  and hidden_resource hobbits
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit_pool "Hobbit Archers"  1   0.07   2  0  requires factions { turks, byzantium, }
                    recruit_pool "Hobbit Infantry"  1   0.07   2  0  requires factions { turks, byzantium, }
                    recruit_pool "Bandobras Archers"  1   0.05   2  0  requires factions { turks, byzantium, }
                    law_bonus bonus -6 requires event_counter smials_riot 1
                    religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { turks, byzantium, } and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
                    recruitment_slots 1
                }
    Save.
    Saved game compatible.
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 11, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

So I've started playing TATW+MOS again and, in my Lorien campaign, I'm trying to take over Isengard but the battle keeps crashing and I do NOT want to auto resolve. I've disabled daylight savings time already, but I also read that there are geography files that I can delete, will that do the trick? Or are there custom settlement-specific actions I need to take in order to stop the crashes? Thanks for any help!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dadadadamion View Post
    So I've started playing TATW+MOS again and, in my Lorien campaign, I'm trying to take over Isengard but the battle keeps crashing and I do NOT want to auto resolve. I've disabled daylight savings time already, but I also read that there are geography files that I can delete, will that do the trick? Or are there custom settlement-specific actions I need to take in order to stop the crashes? Thanks for any help!
    try running the cleaner bat in your third age 3 folder
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Another question.....why do the FPE Hobbits have differnt Unit crads then the Arnor ones? The stats are identical altough the Barnabois Arches require heavy mail for an armor upgrade the FPE Hobbits just require Mail. Seems like a mistake to me. is there a way to just give FPE, Arnor hobbits. seem silly to have a duplicate.

Assuming you play v1.7, I think you confuse something? The only recruitable unit is Bandobras_Archers, that can be recruited (only by the AI, unless modded as per post 632) by both FPoE and Arnor, and be used in custom battle by both FPoE and Arnor.
    Yes, they have different cards for the exactly same unit, but only because the card in ui/units/byzantium has not been updated with the new card in ui/units/turks. If it bothers you (looking kind of off), simply copy paste the card from the turks-folder into the byzantium-folder

The other unit you see in the EDU is Bandobras_Archers_autonomy, but it can not be recruited by anyone, including in custom battle (see the attribute "no_custom"), and is not given to anyone in campaigns through scripts.
    Yes it's a duplicated unit, but it does not matter. MOS isn't in development, so it isn't in the way of anything else.

Could use some pointing in the right direction. I'm playing as the high elves and can't seem to reforge the eleven kingdoms, specifically I don't have the option to build the master jewlers guild in ost-edhil. I have all necessary regions, elrond is alive, and the history guild has already been built in imladris.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Could use some pointing in the right direction. I'm playing as the high elves and can't seem to reforge the eleven kingdoms, specifically I don't have the option to build the master jewlers guild in ost-edhil. I have all necessary regions, elrond is alive, and the history guild has already been built in imladris.
    Have you upgraded Eregion to a large town? You can check the buildings browser to see if the Gwaith-i-Mirdan building shows up at all in higher settlement tiers, in case you were not aware of that. If you have checked this already and it still didn't show up, you might have forgotten a region, even though you've probably checked that a million times too.
    I just looked at the campaign script and there are indeed no further conditions, so it must be either of the above, most likely the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Have you upgraded Eregion to a large town? You can check the buildings browser to see if the Gwaith-i-Mirdan building shows up at all in higher settlement tiers, in case you were not aware of that. If you have checked this already and it still didn't show up, you might have forgotten a region, even though you've probably checked that a million times too.
    I just looked at the campaign script and there are indeed no further conditions, so it must be either of the above, most likely the former.
    Ah I didn't expect that special building to be in the tree(you all really did think of everything), apparently It needs to be a minor city(it's only a small town rn)