Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

No hero or "Man of the Hour", after heroic victory? This has happened twice. I've tried looking for a trait or ancillary that I could "tweak" to guarantee a hero is created but I cannot find it. Lack of governors is seriously impairing my ability to expand. I could make them build-able, but that just seems silly...but do-able! Was this hero trait removed from MOS? I could really use some generals.
    Last edited by Otterbear; April 19, 2016 at 03:28 PM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Having played Gondor for circa 180 turns, I'll agrre: This is the ultimate Third Age experience. It's so good I almost want to try out a High Elf and Dwarf campaign anew in MoS.

Extremely well done, all talented and driven modders. It's a pleasure to partake of. Hat off!

One thing though: When I get to choose to upgrade my explorer's guild to headquarter in Minas Tirith, it will not happen. I pay the cash, but it stays a lower tier guild. Anyone got a tip?

What does Shadow From the East script do now? Before it increased Mordors purse and spawned armies. Now it also affects Isengard and OOG. Same thing for them?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Otterbear View Post
    No hero or "Man of the Hour", after heroic victory? This has happened twice. I've tried looking for a trait or ancillary that I could "tweak" to guarantee a hero is created but I cannot find it. Lack of governors is seriously impairing my ability to expand. I could make them build-able, but that just seems silly...but do-able! Was this hero trait removed from MOS? I could really use some generals.
    MOS has not changed that mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman
    One thing though: When I get to choose to upgrade my explorer's guild to headquarter in Minas Tirith, it will not happen. I pay the cash, but it stays a lower tier guild. Anyone got a tip?
    You have enough money in the coffer when you press accept to the offer of the guild upgrade? Otherwise nothing is built.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Thanks you for the quick answer, thats good to know. I'll just try out the multiple installations for Fellowship campaign, and break some orc necks in the new MOS campaigns all over again... and I just wait to the day sombody in the gaming industry realizes that fan-made mods are the best, unlike this crap they pulished in the name of "Lotr" recently

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    You have enough money in the coffer when you press accept to the offer of the guild upgrade? Otherwise nothing is built.
    Yes, I had. Twice, and was charged the gold for it. Still, it now worked on the third attempt.
    Last edited by Karak Norn Clansman; April 20, 2016 at 02:19 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Weird

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Playing as a restored Arnor- when Rohan attacks Lulun, Mordor's faction heir, whilst he is on an invasion to Edoras, the game freezes. I also can't attack him- it freezes the moment the battle screen would normally show up.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

That's OoG's heir, sorry, not Mordor.

Hi,
    most people have a problem with the endless grinding when you play Gondor. This is probably a silly idea but could you create a scipt that spawns armies every now and then, you know Mordor poking Ithilien a little and another script that spawns a big army to attack Minas Tirith (which is only activated a few times). Harad already has the Corsair script which is great why not make something similar for Mordorin Ithilien
    And apart from that Mordor should be far less active (less money, long respawn times and so forth but alot of defensive units) and Harad, too. Would that be possible ???

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

The bug has fixed itself, inexplicably. I ran the FAR launcher, but that can't have done it.

To the post above- there are invasions and the hordes script.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Otterbear View Post
    You might already have more generals than you should, based on the provinces you have. Or you might just be incredibly unlucky, I don't know. Anyway, governors are not that important in TATW, so you can probably expand without them.

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    Hi,
    most people have a problem with the endless grinding when you play Gondor. This is probably a silly idea but could you create a scipt that spawns armies every now and then, you know Mordor poking Ithilien a little and another script that spawns a big army to attack Minas Tirith (which is only activated a few times). Harad already has the Corsair script which is great why not make something similar for Mordorin Ithilien
    And apart from that Mordor should be far less active (less money, long respawn times and so forth but alot of defensive units) and Harad, too. Would that be possible ???
    This is doable, yes, but an extreme amount of work, especially nerfing Mordor and Harad to that degree. Also it will mess with the game balance, as a weaker Mordor will lead to a stronger Gondor, who will then take over the map.

Evening. Can I plz get a definitive answer on the battle difficulty. What does higher battle difficulty do in this mod? Difference between medium\hard? More morale? Attack dmg boost for enemy troops, how much if so? Thank u.

If I am not mistaken, increased difficulty is hard-coded to just give more morale. Mods can't change that.

I have a problem with my save games. I'm using the Enhanced MOS submod, but that's all I've changed from base MOS.

Playing as Eriador in a restoration of Arnor campaign, I've gotten to around turn 57 before I get this issue. At turn 58 and above, every time I try to load a save, the loading screen will pop up, switch to a different loading background, then immediately crash.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Starki113r View Post
    I have a problem with my save games. I'm using the Enhanced MOS submod, but that's all I've changed from base MOS.

Playing as Eriador in a restoration of Arnor campaign, I've gotten to around turn 57 before I get this issue. At turn 58 and above, every time I try to load a save, the loading screen will pop up, switch to a different loading background, then immediately crash.
    Well, the Enhanced submod is over 800 MB worth of changes. So while it may only be one submod, there are a hell of a lot changes to base MOS being made.

I have no idea why your save won't work or if the turn number is significant. Sometimes a save game gets corrupted and can't be used. You would be very unlucky to have that happen to multiple saves though. Perhaps somebody here has an idea on how to solve this, but you probably should ask on Mod DB on the Enhanced submod download page.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Well, the Enhanced submod is over 800 MB worth of changes. So while it may only be one submod, there are a hell of a lot changes to base MOS being made.

I have no idea why your save won't work or if the turn number is significant. Sometimes a save game gets corrupted and can't be used. You would be very unlucky to have that happen to multiple saves though. Perhaps somebody here has an idea on how to solve this, but you probably should ask on Mod DB on the Enhanced submod download page.

Here's the really, really odd thing. During the end turn after turn 57 (the one that works), my campaign camera starts panning down south during Gondor's turn. On a hunch, I thought maybe the Ring was moving and I wasn't get notified about it or something (the Ring was found in Isengard very early on, when I was fighting off Dunland, OoG and OoMM at the same time, so I couldn't pursue it). So, using console commands, I moved Frodo to Isengard, took it, and went from turn 57 to 58 again. This time, when I got the Ring, then saved and loaded... it worked.

... Wtf? I've avoided using any cheats in-game thus far, but I really don't want to sacrifice this campaign.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

I'm unable to resurrect Rohan after capturing Rohan as Arnor. I've done it before in the same campaign. Does that pose a problem?

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Edoras, rather.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Come to think of it- I was allied to them for most of the game, but I can't remember if somehow it was broken at the very end. That seems extraordinarily unlikely, but aren't good factions meant to be able to resurrect other good factions anyway?