Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Are these perhaps battle where Ents, wolves or spiders are present in either of the armies?

neither.orcsvssomedwarves

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

read somewhere about dwarven halberds causing game crash? anyone know anything about this

Quote Originally Posted by richiemac105 View Post
    read somewhere about dwarven halberds causing game crash? anyone know anything about this
    Yes, there's a patch for it alongside the download file for MOS 1.7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMccfA0BkFA

This is a good instructional video for installing MOS and DAC submods. It includes where to find the Dwarven halberd fix and how to install it.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cory61190 View Post
    Yes, there's a patch for it alongside the download file for MOS 1.7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMccfA0BkFA

This is a good instructional video for installing MOS and DAC submods. It includes where to find the Dwarven halberd fix and how to install it.
    Yes, there is a patch for the dwarven halberds crash problem, but it's not in a separate file anymore, not for quite a while even. It is part of the "All inclusive patch". This is all in the install instructions in the MOS OP. If the all inclusive patch has been installed, there should be no crash from the dwarven halberds. If it has not been installed, than you will experience those crashes, potentially encounter a lot of trouble in your campaigns and miss out on a lot of new content.

The Lionheart install instruction video is included in the install instructions section also by the way.
    Hey everyone, just wanted to bring up an issue I've come across in my MOS 1.7 campaign. Everything works fine aside from what seems to be a pathfinding issue on the Erebor battle map. AI can't reach the gates to attack it. I've tried to attack it as well, and none of my units can reach the bridge in front of the gates. Please help.
    Not something I remember being mentioned before. However I don't think I ever besieged Erebor myself, not in the last few years at least. IIRC this is one of Leo's custom settlements. There could be a mistake in implementing it, but I would have really expected a lot of reports about this issue then. You could check the Alternative patch thread to see if this is mentioned there.

Maybe somebody else reading this thread knows something, but traffic is not as high as it once was. Well, it has been a while since the MOS team was "in business" of course and there is little chance that will change any time soon. Which means that even it this is a real issue (I mean for everybody playing MOS), we will not fix it (even if we could).

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Found the patch! All works much thanks

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Well, that is good to hear.

The bad news is that some of the fixes in the patch and maybe some content too (Greymane help me out if you see this please!) is not save game compatible. So it would be wise to start a new campaign, instead of continuing an old one (pre patch). Then again, you might be lucky, but don't report back here if you encounter problems while playing on with an "old game" please.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Old game continues to save if curios.

Nice how is the multiplayer? Balanced?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Well, that is good to hear.

The bad news is that some of the fixes in the patch and maybe some content too (Greymane help me out if you see this please!) is not save game compatible. So it would be wise to start a new campaign, instead of continuing an old one (pre patch). Then again, you might be lucky, but don't report back here if you encounter problems while playing on with an "old game" please.
    There should be no problems. There is a certain pathing issue (the cursor thing, Vet will know what I'm talking about ) that will not be solved on old saves, but this bug has another solution. So, there are no be no game-breaking bugs left after the patches. The patch also doesn't cause new problems, at least to the best of my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by MagisterMilitium View Post
    Nice how is the multiplayer? Balanced?
    Probably not. Multiplayer has not been supported for years. If it works at all, you are lucky

hi guys !!! First thx for all the awesome works for any mod plz can someone help me ?
    I can't understand how to use allied alliance! Click SHIFT + A, but nothing happens...where I have to click it? thanks

for MOS 1.7 !! sorry for my english
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 06, 2016 at 04:20 AM.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

My experience with MOS 1.7 from these three campaigns Gondor, Lorien, FPoE) and a Dunland Campaign where I changed sides and stopped playing at Turn 62 cause I dislike their roster is as follows:
    1. The Dwarves are OP and overrun all their surroundings. Probably because in AI battles the engine values heavy inf more than other troop types (which is historically accurate, but history also shows how to beat heavy infantry - Teutoburger Wald and Carrhae, Agincourt and Ravenna comes to mind)
    2. Possibly linked to 1; the two northern Ork factions get destroyed, often the first around Turn 70. They must thus be UP. I triednto alleviate it with added population- which just meant I faced Trolls with my FPoE from Turn 18 and made no difference to their survival.
    3. Mordor and Harad are still steamrollers that will overrun Gondor, in two of four campaigns with Haradic stackspam. Only strong intervention from whatever faction I play manage to even keep Gondor at some semblance of power, but its survival is tenous. Perhaps more population and the reinclusion of the Winged Swordsmen, etc., would help a little- seeing as the AI seems to love heavy Inf.
    4. The Dunmen seem to be very aggressive northwards. Which is not how The Professor portrayed them. EB keeps the Romans and Germans seperated with strong dreadstacks of "rebels" in the Alpine regions. Perhaps such is in order here as well. I might experiment with it.
    5. Rhûn seems too weak as they have not once in these campaigns done well. The best they can hope for is a medium performance. Perhaps give them some of the rebel provinces east of Mordor to start with. Thus also weakening the Haradic powerhouse?
    6. Not being able to reunite The Kingdoms in Exile is a bummer.

I know MOS is in hibernation right now, but when it wakes up, these are my experiences and suggestions (well... I also have a suggestion for an alternate Ring War, but that is long and complex).

Quote Originally Posted by smailly View Post
    hi guys !!! First thx for all the awesome works for any mod plz can someone help me ?
    I can't understand how to use allied alliance! Click SHIFT + A, but nothing happens...where I have to click it? thanks

for MOS 1.7 !! sorry for my english
    First, you need to be allied with both factions that you want to force an alliance between. You also need to have two diplomats positioned next to a character or settlement of both factions. Press Shift+A, click OK, initiate a negotiation with one faction, offer and demand something (anything except bribe, payment, tribute, or settlement I believe; try trading map information or offering / demanding to attack factions). They don't need to accept the deal, you just have to make an offer with the response as either acceptance or rejection. If they counter with an offer / demand of payment, you have to try something else. Remember, any form of payment cancels the Allied Allies function. Anyone, once you've done that with the first faction, you'll get another pop-up message saying you've selected the first faction. Now do the same thing with the second faction and after the next turn, they will negotiate. You will get a message informing you whether it was successful or not.

First, you need to be allied with both factions that you want to force an alliance between. You also need to have two diplomats positioned next to a character or settlement of both factions. Press Shift+A, click OK, initiate a negotiation with one faction, offer and demand something (anything except bribe, payment, tribute, or settlement I believe; try trading map information or offering / demanding to attack factions). They don't need to accept the deal, you just have to make an offer with the response as either acceptance or rejection. If they counter with an offer / demand of payment, you have to try something else. Remember, any form of payment cancels the Allied Allies function. Anyone, once you've done that with the first faction, you'll get another pop-up message saying you've selected the first faction. Now do the same thing with the second faction and after the next turn, they will negotiate. You will get a message informing you whether it was successful or not.
    when i press SHIFT+A no message come out same think after speak with the first faction :/ is a bug or im stupid ? hahaha

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by smailly View Post
    when i press SHIFT+A no message come out same think after speak with the first faction :/ is a bug or im stupid ? hahaha
    wasnt that removed out of MOS
    I could be wrong trough
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; December 06, 2016 at 09:53 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

thats means I can no longer use this thing in MOS ? hope not :S

Same problem here

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    My experience with MOS 1.7 from these three campaigns Gondor, Lorien, FPoE) and a Dunland Campaign where I changed sides and stopped playing at Turn 62 cause I dislike their roster is as follows:
    1. The Dwarves are OP and overrun all their surroundings. Probably because in AI battles the engine values heavy inf more than other troop types (which is historically accurate, but history also shows how to beat heavy infantry - Teutoburger Wald and Carrhae, Agincourt and Ravenna comes to mind)
    2. Possibly linked to 1; the two northern Ork factions get destroyed, often the first around Turn 70. They must thus be UP. I triednto alleviate it with added population- which just meant I faced Trolls with my FPoE from Turn 18 and made no difference to their survival.
    3. Mordor and Harad are still steamrollers that will overrun Gondor, in two of four campaigns with Haradic stackspam. Only strong intervention from whatever faction I play manage to even keep Gondor at some semblance of power, but its survival is tenous. Perhaps more population and the reinclusion of the Winged Swordsmen, etc., would help a little- seeing as the AI seems to love heavy Inf.
    4. The Dunmen seem to be very aggressive northwards. Which is not how The Professor portrayed them. EB keeps the Romans and Germans seperated with strong dreadstacks of "rebels" in the Alpine regions. Perhaps such is in order here as well. I might experiment with it.
    5. Rhûn seems too weak as they have not once in these campaigns done well. The best they can hope for is a medium performance. Perhaps give them some of the rebel provinces east of Mordor to start with. Thus also weakening the Haradic powerhouse?
    6. Not being able to reunite The Kingdoms in Exile is a bummer.

I know MOS is in hibernation right now, but when it wakes up, these are my experiences and suggestions (well... I also have a suggestion for an alternate Ring War, but that is long and complex).
    Thanks for the feedback!
    As you said, we are not going to be able to do anything with this, but who knows what the future might hold...
    Concerning your points:
    1: This might also have to do with the number of large settlements that they start out with, a weak Rhun (strengthening Rhun will help out the Goblins as well) and the relatively high income modifier for mines (of which the Dwarves have a lot).
    2: Increasing their Kings Purse (and lowering that of the Dwarves) would be helpful in this case.
    3: I'm actually glad to hear this. Normally everbody complains that Gondor is too powerful
    4: We can't exactly mod their expansionist tendencies... Dunland as a separate faction makes no real sense lorewise anyway, as they were just employed by Saruman to go into Rohan, which they are not able to do now for gameplay reasons.
    5: They have so few settlements because of the Unite The Clans script, which requires them to take a number of provinces. There should be code in place which will have the AI take those settlements they lost, but it might not work 100%.
    6: Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    wasnt that removed out of MOS
    I could be wrong trough
    You are not wrong, unfortunately. It was one of a great many scripts Hero removed to make the game run less slow than it already does. It was probably a lot of code for something so tiny.
    If you guys want to add it back in, you could download the 1.62 files, go to the campaign script and just copy the relevant lines. Remember, as always, to make backups and use Notepad++.
    Edit: Did I forget to mention that this is not savegame compatible...?
    Last edited by Greymane; December 06, 2016 at 02:53 PM.

As you said, we are not going to be able to do anything with this, but who knows what the future might hold...
    Concerning your points:
    1: This might also have to do with the number of large settlements that they start out with, a weak Rhun (strengthening Rhun will help out the Goblins as well) and the relatively high income modifier for mines (of which the Dwarves have a lot).
    2: Increasing their Kings Purse (and lowering that of the Dwarves) would be helpful in this case.
    3: I'm actually glad to hear this. Normally everbody complains that Gondor is too powerful
    4: We can't exactly mod their expansionist tendencies... Dunland as a separate faction makes no real sense lorewise anyway, as they were just employed by Saruman to go into Rohan, which they are not able to do now for gameplay reasons.
    5: They have so few settlements because of the Unite The Clans script, which requires them to take a number of provinces. There should be code in place which will have the AI take those settlements they lost, but it might not work 100%.
    6: Agreed.
    1. Could be, I would not know.
    3. Gondor gets raped in all my campaigns except when I play them. They did in 1.62 and they do now.
    4. Dunland makes fine sense as a seperate barbaric faction, the Dunnish tribes have centuries of wars with their slightly more developed kin in Rohan. I believe giving the rebels some better units and putting full rebel stacks in the rebel provinces between them and FPoE will slow both down. It sort of works for EB.

And I am pretty certain there will be more MOS.

Icon5 Northline volunters in MOS

Moved from the submod section and merged with the MOS thread

Hello everyone. I am new here and playing MOS taht i love as a mod. I have a request however. Can anyone make northline volunteers as a recruitable unit? I really like them but cannot find a way to make the recruitable.

I thank you all in advance.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 08, 2016 at 04:38 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Northline volunters in MOS

Hello, welcome to TWC, alexkal

I could give you a run down on how to fix it yourself, tomorrow.
    However, a local moderator will merge this thread with the offical MOS one, or the general modding-thread, as this is not a topic for a thread of its own, but I'll reply wherever they moved it.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory