Page 26 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Hi, I would like to ask if there will be version 1.8 ?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by RInger View Post
    Is there a map that shows which mercenary units can be recruited in which regions? I think I remember seeing one once, but I have no idea where.
    The maps you are thinking of are to be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...of-mercenaries

However, Shingen made these maps for TATW 3.1, therefor this is a bit outdated. In fact Ngugi made the Additional Mercenary Minimod for TATW 3.2 which expanded the mercenaries. Again, this might be outdated as there have been several newer versions of MOS since then. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-14th-Aug-2016

Nonetheless, these two sources will give you a pretty good idea of mercenaries in MOS, and it is best available information.

Quote Originally Posted by hazsflux View Post
    Hi, I would like to ask if there will be version 1.8 ?
    hazsflux, please take the time to look around on a forum, two post above yours you could have found the information you were looking for:

Hero was indeed busy with a rather big project, incorporating the Reunited Kingdom feature from the Reunited Kingdom mod for MOS 1.62 into MOS 1.7. Sadly RL intervened before he could finish this and as said before, there is no indication that this will change anytime soon or indeed ever.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

For the moment MOS has no active modding team, so the answer is no. When or if this change, only time will tell.

Edit: ninjad
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 19, 2016 at 01:47 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I wonder what is the special item(ancillary) of the faction heir can do , Is it uses to choose who will be the next faction heir or is it just a special ancillary for the factions?

It makes it highly likely that the character with the anc is appointed the next faction leader when the old one dies (as long as he's in the family tree)

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Bugs/wrongs:

Dol Amroth Siegeworks cannot build trebuchets
    Dol Amroth cannot build the largest harbour, lorewise it should be able to.

And what happened to the Winged Swordsmen?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Thanks MaC. but perhaps you should have a look at the first two posts of this thread.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I know they are inactive if that is what you mean. But they will not stay so forever, or others will pick up the torch, MOS is too good to discontinue.

Lorien Numeramar does not have a unit card- shows peasant.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    I know they are inactive if that is what you mean. But they will not stay so forever, or others will pick up the torch, MOS is too good to discontinue.

Lorien Numeramar does not have a unit card- shows peasant.
    They are 3 people and I am one of them.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    They are 3 people and I am one of them.

Well then my friend, set to work ;-)

Hello, i have a problem with trying to play this mod. I did the multiple submod steps in order to play different versions of third age with submods.

As for my installation path, i extracted Third Age 3 folder from MoS rar file and sent it to my newly created Third_Age_3 folder in mods, i clicked yes to overwrite all. After that, i extracted the Third Age 3 folder from the patch and did another overwrite all.

I then renamed it to Third_Age_3_MoS, edited both .bat and cfg files to have the same name as the folder. I clicked on game, ctd after the screen finished loading.

Created a shortcut, but regardless of which way i accessed it, the problem still persists.

I then clicked on clean.bat file, no file was deleted. The only thing on it was it couldn't find, map.rwm, descr_geography_new.txt, keys.dat in preference.

Can someone pls help, would be much appreciated

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sushiwarrior View Post
    Hello, i have a problem with trying to play this mod. I did the multiple submod steps in order to play different versions of third age with submods.

As for my installation path, i extracted Third Age 3 folder from MoS rar file and sent it to my newly created Third_Age_3 folder in mods, i clicked yes to overwrite all. After that, i extracted the Third Age 3 folder from the patch and did another overwrite all.

I then renamed it to Third_Age_3_MoS, edited both .bat and cfg files to have the same name as the folder. I clicked on game, ctd after the screen finished loading.

Created a shortcut, but regardless of which way i accessed it, the problem still persists.

I then clicked on clean.bat file, no file was deleted. The only thing on it was it couldn't find, map.rwm, descr_geography_new.txt, keys.dat in preference.

Can someone pls help, would be much appreciated
    if you read the clean bat correctly it shoud read
    could not find messages can be ingored
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hey, do you know some submod for MOS with LoTR music? I know there was one in some older version of MOS, but I cant find it for the current version.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    if you read the clean bat correctly it shoud read
    could not find messages can be ingored
    I know, just added it in in case it was relevant to the case of helping me. No idea what went wrong

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Hassassins View Post
    Hey, do you know some submod for MOS with LoTR music? I know there was one in some older version of MOS, but I cant find it for the current version.

Thanks
    Here you go: http://www.moddb.com/mods/massive-ov...od-for-mos-v17

Also, i do plan to add my new sub-mod to MOS actually -but it will need some changes as there are fewer numbers of playable factions in MOS compared to DAC.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quick question, what version of TATW is this for? 3.1 or 3.2?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Sushiwarrior View Post
    Quick question, what version of TATW is this for? 3.1 or 3.2?
    3.2 most likely.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    3.2 most likely.

Confirmed

Default Black Numenoreans for Isengard

Moved from the main TATW forum

Yes, I know it's not canon or balanced but I'd like to make Black Numenoreans (mounted and dismounted), Cave Trolls, Olog-Hai and Troll Catapults available to Isengard. I've been looking through the files a little but I'm pretty tier when it comes to modding games myself and I have no idea where to even begin. Can anyone provide some instructions or at least some tips on how I can go about doing this? I would really appreciate it. The only submod I'm using is MOS.
    Last edited by Veteraan; November 27, 2016 at 06:03 AM.

Default Re: Black Numenoreans for Isengard

To each his own, as long you're having fun hehe; here are two tutorials on the topic:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nother-faction
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-new-factions

Good luck!
    (I expect the moderators to move this to either the modding thread or the MOS thread)

Note 1: for MOS you must use Notepad++ or you're highly likely to get CTDs.
    Notepad++ is a freeware you can find here: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Note 2: always, always back up each file before you edit it, because it's easy to make some small error that mess up all (even when you're a veteran, I might add hehe)