Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031324772 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Oh, well thanks! I didn't think you'd actually look it up for me! Thank you!

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Guys... guys. I came back to TATW after a long absence, installed it and MOS, loaded a Gondor game and ...

DAFUQ!

Imrahil is blond!

Seriously?

And last and proudest, Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, kinsman of the Lord, with gilded banners bearing his token of the Ship and the Silver Swan, and a company of knights in full harness riding grey horses; and behind them seven hundreds of men at arms, tall as lords, grey-eyed, dark-haired, singing as they came.

The Nûmenorans were largely from the House of Hador and blond, but most of the Faithful were from the House of Beör and dark of hair. The people of Dor en Ernil are descended from the Faithful and of pure blood. Further, Faramir is said to look like his mother, Finduilas of Dol Amroth, and has dark hair and sea-grey eyes.

Come on guys... please...

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Mac is back!

Just kidding, good to see you make an appearance.

You are right of course, this is totally against lore. I never noticed it myself TBH, but then again I seldom play as Gondor and when I did it was mostly related to testing some issues that had been reported. I don't think Imrahil will loose his blonde locks any time soon though, as the MOS team is no longer active besides hosting the files and providing some support here and there.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hey Vet. And grumpy as ever. Dunno to what extent I am back though. Life is ed right now.

Sad about the MOS Team, in any case it is strange to me, 1.6 had a black-haired chap, so why change? Pretty easy to remedy though. Find another suitable portrait and put that in the file, so anyone can do it. I was just appaled at this breach of Lore ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Mac is back!

Just kidding, good to see you make an appearance.

You are right of course, this is totally against lore. I never noticed it myself TBH, but then again I seldom play as Gondor and when I did it was mostly related to testing some issues that had been reported. I don't think Imrahil will loose his blonde locks any time soon though, as the MOS team is no longer active besides hosting the files and providing some support here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Hey Vet. And grumpy as ever. Dunno to what extent I am back though. Life is ed right now.

Sad about the MOS Team, in any case it is strange to me, 1.6 had a black-haired chap, so why change? Pretty easy to remedy though. Find another suitable portrait and put that in the file, so anyone can do it. I was just appaled at this breach of Lore ;-)
    We included the entire dIRECT0R's cut mod to MOS 1.7. I suspect that is how a blonde Imrahil must have slipped in. Changing the portrait itself would indeed not be much work. However, this would also mean I would have to make new install files (well, it would probably be part of the all in one patch) and upload them to the hosts sites, all for the sake of one portrait change. A bit much, even if I do sympathize with your case.
    Last edited by Veteraan; October 10, 2016 at 06:19 AM. Reason: added patch remark

I was thinking that Lore-obsessed individuals such as myself, could do it easily.

First I had to stop my FPoE campaign in turn 38 as the "ring/cursor" just kept rotating and I could do nothing, and now as Gondor, I get a CTD in Turn 8 in Mordor's turn :-(

First I had to stop my FPoE campaign in turn 38 as the "ring/cursor" just kept rotating and I could do nothing, and now as Gondor, I get a CTD in Turn 8 in Mordor's turn :-(
    Did you install the All in one patch? It has a solution for the most common appearing rotating ring during end turn problem. If you did install that however, have a look at this video which explains how to solve it "manually" in most cases.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    A CTD with Gondor in the eight turn is new to me. Don't know what to suggest to solve that. IIRC there is nothing in the patch either that was specifically aimed at a Gondor CTD during end turn.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Do you have an error log, Mac?

So after playing this mod for quite a bit and asking questions here I have learned that just about everything in the game happens for a reason. All WAD. So, question, as the FPoE I built the House of Kings in Annuminas but didn't get the "One step closer to restoring Arnor message" like I did with the alliance with Gondor. Also, after the HoK was built, Wold(berg?) flipped from Rohan to me and when I gifted it back to Rohan it flipped to my control again next turn. Spawned a garrison and everything. I'm not so concerned with the message not appearing, as when I looked in the script I could foresee no problems with forming Arnor but why did the Wold come under my control?

Sorry, no log. But thanks, and to you Vet, for that trick. Will try it if it happens again.

All in One patch? Google turns up nothing, will start sifting through submods, but if I cannot locate it a link would be excellent.
    Last edited by Macilrille; October 13, 2016 at 10:27 AM.

Sorry, no log. But thanks, and to you Vet, for that trick. Will try it if it happens again.
    I take it you did install the patch then. I would have thought you didn't, as I have only seen one report of the endless rotating cursor from people tha had installed the patch. I'm not entirely convinced that one report was even accurate.

No no patch.

Another bug. Cair Andros, besieging, enemy sally. Everything except the top of the walls are under water and thus bot most of the enemy and your own army drown.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by gekp78 View Post
    So after playing this mod for quite a bit and asking questions here I have learned that just about everything in the game happens for a reason. All WAD. So, question, as the FPoE I built the House of Kings in Annuminas but didn't get the "One step closer to restoring Arnor message" like I did with the alliance with Gondor. Also, after the HoK was built, Wold(berg?) flipped from Rohan to me and when I gifted it back to Rohan it flipped to my control again next turn. Spawned a garrison and everything. I'm not so concerned with the message not appearing, as when I looked in the script I could foresee no problems with forming Arnor but why did the Wold come under my control?
    I have absolutely no idea...
    We haven't had any similar reports either, so this probably should not be happening.

No no patch.

Another bug. Cair Andros, besieging, enemy sally. Everything except the top of the walls are under water and thus bot most of the enemy and your own army drown.
    You don't have the patch? Because that would also explain this particular bug. The patch Vet is talking about is right there in the OP, under the main link for MOS 1.7.
    Edit: the Cair Andros fix is not savegame compatible by the way, as I had to change the culture of the settlement on the strat map.

mailmancer's Avatar Laetus

Quick question, is there some sort of script for Aragorn becoming king of Gondor now? I ask because the message giving me the option to get Aragorn as a general made it sound as though I would have the option, but according to the posts I've read the only way to get him as king would be through man of the hour, and then killing off family members till he is the heir, and even then he'd be Steward rather than king. However these posts are all rather old so I was wondering if that has changed since then?

1. Is there a recommended difficulty level for balance purposes etc...? My understanding is that all it will change is the income and buff the stats of the AI.....? Also a recommended unit size (prices etc..?) or is this just personal preference?

2. Would anyone recommend using the enhanced MoS submod as well? If so why?

3. Also I've been lagging a bit in battles, and I read in this thread that someone did as well, they'd mentioned using some FPS booster, does anybody know where to acquire this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Warden View Post
    Hi everyone, i have solved my stutter problem on my good specs pc, there is a guy shared some file named "fps booster" in this forum, it helped me, anyways. I am playing Lorien faction and i play MOS, Haldir died and does not respawn , immortal heroes is on, but he does not spawn , i am at 70 turn and i really would like to have him back , i checked descr_unit file, on "heroes" part, there is Haldir Faramir Forlong and many more, i had this problem with Forlong too, Forlong does not spawn when he dies, what is the causing this ?
    EDIT:

Having a bug playing as Rohan using Royal Kinsman. Seems there's a graphic bug with them, their faces are a bit messed up. I read somewhere in this thread that it'd been reported before as well. Any fix?
    Last edited by bthizle1; October 14, 2016 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bthizle1 View Post
    Is there a recommended difficulty level for balance purposes etc...? My understanding is that all it will change is the income and buff the stats of the AI.....? Also a recommended unit size (prices etc..?) or is this just personal preference?

Almost forgot, would anyone recommend using the enhanced MoS submod as well? If so why?
    VH/VH and enjoy the doom hahahahah and unit size should be as large as possible
    [url=http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1680-The-TWC-Modding-Awards]

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

1. Is there a recommended difficulty level for balance purposes etc...? My understanding is that all it will change is the income and buff the stats of the AI.....? Also a recommended unit size (prices etc..?) or is this just personal preference?

2. Would anyone recommend using the enhanced MoS submod as well? If so why?

3. Also I've been lagging a bit in battles, and I read in this thread that someone did as well, they'd mentioned using some FPS booster, does anybody know where to acquire this?

EDIT:

Having a bug playing as Rohan using Royal Kinsman. Seems there's a graphic bug with them, their faces are a bit messed up. I read somewhere in this thread that it'd been reported before as well. Any fix?
    tegarding the toyal kinsmen bug is known by the team but there is no fix
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by hahar View Post
    VH/VH and enjoy the doom hahahahah and unit size should be as large as possible
    So it was balanced for Vh/VH or that's just your preference? (I don't enjoy just endless stacks, rather fewer more pivital battles) Also regarding unit sizes, is that also recommended for balance etc...or is that just your preference?

Any responce to the stuttering on battle map

Also, I've been watching harad without FOW as I was wondering why they haven't taken any of Gondors lands. It appears as though they have 2 full stack armies, but they are just camped out near two of their cities in the south....apparently they don't move from there, and it's been well over 10 turns. Anybody else observe this in the AI? Will they ever use their only full stack armies? (It's turn 63 currently)
    Last edited by bthizle1; October 14, 2016 at 08:19 PM.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

So it was balanced for Vh/VH or that's just your preference? (I don't enjoy just endless stacks, rather fewer more pivital battles) Also regarding unit sizes, is that also recommended for balance etc...or is that just your preference?

Any responce to the stuttering on battle map

Also, I've been watching harad without FOW as I was wondering why they haven't taken any of Gondors lands. It appears as though they have 2 full stack armies, but they are just camped out near two of their cities in the south....apparently they don't move from there, and it's been well over 10 turns. Anybody else observe this in the AI? Will they ever use their only full stack armies? (It's turn 63 currently)
    re difficullty AFAIK VH/VH is recommanded but not advised if you dont enjoy stack spam
    I ugggest you play it upon M/VH that will give you balanced amount of stacks for the AI I think
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz