Page 20 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by MaulMachine View Post
    Is there a list anywhere of which base game faction (Saxons, Scotland, etc) corresponds to which MOS faction (Mordor, Lorien)? I'm tweaking the diplomacy script and it's being unco-operative.

Also, is there a way to use the console to force settlements to have specific Guilds in them (swordsmith, thieves)?
    See the top of expanded.txt in data/text

No, at least AFAIK.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Wow, awesome. Thanks for the hasty reply.

On another note, why does the diplomatic_stance command not seem to do anything, even when the game uses it itself? I'm trying to set up the alliances from the movies, and they don't seem to work at all.
    Last edited by MaulMachine; September 10, 2016 at 03:37 PM.

No problem

Sorry, no idea on that. You mean that if you type (for example) diplomatic_stance milan saxons Allied still Rohan and Lorien won't ally?

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

...It's caps-sensitive? That's the dumbest thing.

I'll test it later tonight and find out.

Dunno, never tried it myself hehe, only know the scripts I've seen with that command used a capital letter for the last word (Allied/Neutral/War).
    May be so though, Think it's capital sensitive when it comes to character names.

No, it just says 'command not recognized.'

Okay, I'm dumb. That's a script command, not a console command. There's no way to do this in the contentional console.
    Last edited by MaulMachine; September 10, 2016 at 06:35 PM.

For whatever reason, the Moss Cair Andros Castle has never really worked right. Even now, when defending, the AI attacker breaks the gates or scales the walls but most the soldiers have to be coaxed into joining them in the assault to enter the city. Also because of lack of room in the city, you usually have to move your defending men individually because when grouped they split up in all different directions. No more crashes and the settlement looks nice enough, but the path finding and reaction of attacking AI just isn't quite right.

With all that said, I am at turn 160 and just rebuilt West Osgiliath and the custom settlements are fantastic.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by CatoTheYounger View Post
    For whatever reason, the Moss Cair Andros Castle has never really worked right. Even now, when defending, the AI attacker breaks the gates or scales the walls but most the soldiers have to be coaxed into joining them in the assault to enter the city. Also because of lack of room in the city, you usually have to move your defending men individually because when grouped they split up in all different directions. No more crashes and the settlement looks nice enough, but the path finding and reaction of attacking AI just isn't quite right.

With all that said, I am at turn 160 and just rebuilt West Osgiliath and the custom settlements are fantastic.
    The regular Gondor settlement is still giving problems? Because the custom one was removed either in 1.62 or in DC.

Why I can't use the Alliance Aliiance diplomacy option when I try to SHIFT+A nothing happens?
    also another diplomacy options in Total Diplomacy submod may not work as well like Force Accept too but I didn't try that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    The regular Gondor settlement is still giving problems? Because the custom one was removed either in 1.62 or in DC.
    A little trouble yes. The attacking AI does not like to enter the city in a group. I do not know what this is about. The crashes are gone but there is an odd retardation of the AI regarding having the army move in force once the city is breached. Not a game breaking deal, but I think any other city design might work better. There is no room to speak of for any maneuver in the city and I suspect that has something to do with things.

Hi, can someone tell me how to build history guild to unite the elven kingdom? I'm playing 1.62 but there is not supposed to be a difference between 1.62 and 1.7 right?

Quote Originally Posted by pangthaiplay View Post
    Why I can't use the Alliance Aliiance diplomacy option when I try to SHIFT+A nothing happens?
    also another diplomacy options in Total Diplomacy submod may not work as well like Force Accept too but I didn't try that yet.
    Some features of the Total Diplomacy submod were removed. Force Accept (or Forced Diplomacy) should still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by CatoTheYounger View Post
    A little trouble yes. The attacking AI does not like to enter the city in a group. I do not know what this is about. The crashes are gone but there is an odd retardation of the AI regarding having the army move in force once the city is breached. Not a game breaking deal, but I think any other city design might work better. There is no room to speak of for any maneuver in the city and I suspect that has something to do with things.
    No room for maneuver? Isn't it supposed to be a regular fortress layout? I guess I have to look into this some time...

Quote Originally Posted by hazsflux View Post
    Hi, can someone tell me how to build history guild to unite the elven kingdom? I'm playing 1.62 but there is not supposed to be a difference between 1.62 and 1.7 right?
    Isn't all this explained in the popup you get when you accept the quest or in one of Thranduil's ancillaries?
    Off the top of my head you should get Thranduil's Halls to a Large City and then you can build one of the necessary guilds, after you have conquered all lands from Wrackyaburg (or whatever, the village near Framsburg) to Dol Guldur, everything on your side of the Anduin and all of Mirkwood. The other guild should be in Dol Guldur. I haven't played the Silvan Elves in at least a year, so some of this might be wrong.

Some features of the Total Diplomacy submod were removed. Force Accept (or Forced Diplomacy) should still be there.

No room for maneuver? Isn't it supposed to be a regular fortress layout? I guess I have to look into this some time...

Isn't all this explained in the popup you get when you accept the quest or in one of Thranduil's ancillaries?
    Off the top of my head you should get Thranduil's Halls to a Large City and then you can build one of the necessary guilds, after you have conquered all lands from Wrackyaburg (or whatever, the village near Framsburg) to Dol Guldur, everything on your side of the Anduin and all of Mirkwood. The other guild should be in Dol Guldur. I haven't played the Silvan Elves in at least a year, so some of this might be wrong.
    I know. What I asked was the condition to build the history guild, and it was the high elf.

Quote Originally Posted by hazsflux View Post
    I know. What I asked was the condition to build the history guild, and it was the high elf.
    It just occurred to me that I can look at the script file...
    Anyway, it should work pretty much the same as the Silvan Elves script. Elrond should have an ancillary, you need to capture certain provinces and the history guild should be in Imladris itself.
    Just make sure Elrond is alive too.

For the hero abilities that say things like "increases combat effectiveness," do those affect the entire army, or just the units that are close to the hero when you use the ability? Also, what do those abilities actually do? Do they increase the damage done by your units, or something?

All units

It improves 'kill chance' so should simply mean the odds of hitting (attack). It's a % variable that will differ from ability to ability.
    Iron Fist is one of the most efficient in that regard, with a modifier of 2,5 so a unit with 4 in attack should get 10 attack for the duration. Most abilities that improves combat effectivness boost far less.
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 20, 2016 at 04:58 PM.

Cair Andros is causing trouble for me...all units die immediately and the castle appears completely black...what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by King Ramses View Post
    Cair Andros is causing trouble for me...all units die immediately and the castle appears completely black...what's going on?
    What happened is that you probably missed the bugfixes in the OP. There is a patch that includes all 5 of them. Install it and you should have no more trouble
    Edit: it's unfortunately not savegame compatible...

What happened is that you probably missed the bugfixes in the OP. There is a patch that includes all 5 of them. Install it and you should have no more trouble
    Edit: it's unfortunately not savegame compatible...
    Ah. Oh well. I was only at turn 3.

I was playing as rhun and got some special units called "loke thul rim" which are overpowered and awesome and have flamethrowers. Not sure what submod that is but are they possible to train or is it a one time thing? One was ambushed by Dale