Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Haha!
    Oh, my poor Denethor, power corrupts

Yes, sounds like a plan
    LOL! So true.

I was playing as the Woodland Elves and I received a unit of Woodland Nobles at the start of the game, but I can find no way of recruiting or retraining them. *I cannot even find that unit listed in the EDU or EDB files. Its not a big deal as they have the same stats as the late game archers, but I was trying to find out where they came from or what I need to do to create them.

PS:I don't usually rely to much on mercs as I generally "adjust" my units a tad to avoid relying on them, as such, I have no idea how or when they are supposed to appear. Does anybody know how the merc mechanic works? I imagine there is some kind of RNG involved. Just curious. Thanks again for all the help, everyone.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

You can find every unit belonging to the Silvan Elves in the EDU file by simply searching for every entry that says "mongols" as the owning faction. By that same token, the High Elves are "Egypt" and Lothlorien are the "Saxons".

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Is there a way to change aragorns strat model after arnor union to elessar model?

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    You can find every unit belonging to the Silvan Elves in the EDU file by simply searching for every entry that says "mongols" as the owning faction. By that same token, the High Elves are "Egypt" and Lothlorien are the "Saxons".
    Thanks Roma, but I've looked for Mongols, Woodland, Nobles, Silvan...ect. I see no unit named "Woodland Nobles" in the EDU or EDB. It has me scratching my head. They do show up under custom battles...although there is little info about how or where they come from. Not a big deal...just a little weird.

In the EDU they are listed as Mirkwood Nobles. They are the sixth unit in the Silvan Elves section, listed just under Mirkwood Stalkers.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

When looking for a unit but it do not have the same name there as ingame, you can always check export_units.txt in .../data/text
    There you find the EDU-name in brackets, followed by ingame name

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

When looking for a unit but it do not have the same name there as ingame, you can always check export_units.txt in .../data/text
    There you find the EDU-name in brackets, followed by ingame name
    Thanks Nquqi! I did notice that they were listed in that file but, failed to realize that it would show both names.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    In the EDU they are listed as Mirkwood Nobles. They are the sixth unit in the Silvan Elves section, listed just under Mirkwood Stalkers.
    Thank You, Infidel!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Otterbear View Post
    Thanks Roma, but I've looked for Mongols, Woodland, Nobles, Silvan...ect. I see no unit named "Woodland Nobles" in the EDU or EDB. It has me scratching my head. They do show up under custom battles...although there is little info about how or where they come from. Not a big deal...just a little weird.
    That's because they're called "Mirkwood Nobles" in the EDU file, as elucidated by the "export_units" file in the "text" folder. Whenever you come across a unit whose name does not appear in the EDU file, that's because this file doesn't dictate how their name appears on screen. The "export_units" file does that. The name can even be drastically different from the way it is spelled out in the EDU file.

Quote Originally Posted by yogafreak View Post
    Is there a way to change aragorns strat model after arnor union to elessar model?
    Nvm, took me some time but I found it myself

@White93, I had the same issue (long times to complete a turn). The one thing that seemed to decrease it to around 15-20 secs was to install the game (medievel 2 and mod) in a the folder of destination in another partition of the hard drive (avoiding C:\\). Fresh install ofc (with steam). The initial turns take some time due to the scripts, but after turn 7 or so things go pretty smooth.

Just a quick note about MOS and the MOD in general: outstanding work. To think that this much content has been provided by the community on a free to play basis. The blend of scripts, buildings, maps, the armies. So much high quality work. Thanks for the many hours of fun. By far the best LOTR RTT/TBS game around.

Hi! As i have mentioned before, when you restore arnor..everything changes (general names, towns etc) except the actual faction name.. is there a way i can fix it myself perhaps editing a file?

Used the FAR-launcher in the Third_Age_3-folder?

If you have done so already and that do not do it, open in the folder Third_Age_3-folder/data/text
    Change
    Code:
    {TURKS}Free Peoples of Eriador
    into
    Code:
    {TURKS}Arnor

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Used the FAR-launcher in the Third_Age_3-folder?

If you have done so already and that do not do it, open in the folder Third_Age_3-folder/data/text
    Change
    Code:
    {TURKS}Free Peoples of Eriador
    into
    Code:
    {TURKS}Arnor
    Well noticed another problem now, for some reason when i use the FAR luncher now nothing seems to happen, i choose to change from eriador to arnor but nothing changes, its still eriador, i did what you told me and it succesfully changed the name..but now the far lunchers doesnt seems to work (whyyy)..the only thing that is deffirent from one week ago is that i downloaded also dac(i have 2 submods), dont know if this affects the FAR but just noticing!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Gondorian Knight View Post
    Well noticed another problem now, for some reason when i use the FAR luncher now nothing seems to happen, i choose to change from eriador to arnor but nothing changes, its still eriador, i did what you told me and it succesfully changed the name..but now the far lunchers doesnt seems to work (whyyy)..the only thing that is deffirent from one week ago is that i downloaded also dac(i have 2 submods), dont know if this affects the FAR but just noticing!
    Hmm, you did use the FAR launcher first and after that did what Ngugi suggested, I hope.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Will the patches apply their changes to a saved game from just 1.70?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by alpav View Post
    Will the patches apply their changes to a saved game from just 1.70?
    The all inclusive patch will not apply all changes to a saved 1.70 game, although it most probably will load. I don't know in detail what will work and what not. The Cair Andros fix I know for sure though will not work. this probably means the Gondor settlements upgrades won't work also.

IIRC the the Elven armour patches will work.

If you mean the submods that are not made by the MOS team I can't say for sure as I haven't tried them myself. I expect the Hobbit dwarf armour and the Gondor barded horses will work on a saved 1.70 game and they may also work "together", depending on how precisely the changes in the mod files were made.

I can't imagine that the enhanced submod is compatible with a MOS 1.70 save game.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

In the description of the mos you say that you use parts of the return of the king submod by Kilic Ali.What parts do you specifically use?What about Gondor and Aragorn?Is there a script which make him king of Gondor on mos 1.7?Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    The all inclusive patch will not apply all changes to a saved 1.70 game, although it most probably will load. I don't know in detail what will work and what not. The Cair Andros fix I know for sure though will not work. this probably means the Gondor settlements upgrades won't work also.

IIRC the the Elven armour patches will work.

If you mean the submods that are not made by the MOS team I can't say for sure as I haven't tried them myself. I expect the Hobbit dwarf armour and the Gondor barded horses will work on a saved 1.70 game and they may also work "together", depending on how precisely the changes in the mod files were made.

I can't imagine that the enhanced submod is compatible with a MOS 1.70 save game.
    Thanks, I was thinking of just the 01-05 patches. The save loaded fine, I just wasn't sure if anything would necessarily change.
    Last edited by alpav; April 19, 2016 at 08:30 AM.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

hey guys,
    I just tried the MOS Version of Third Age for the first time, was playing Vanilla so far. I recognized that the fellowship Campaign does not work, but there was written that this would be solved with a future patch. I could't find any news about this, but that you would have to play Vanilla for Fellowship campagn.
    So I just want to ask if anybody can tell me about this. Is there a patch like this coming? any information about the release?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfWar91 View Post
    hey guys,
    I just tried the MOS Version of Third Age for the first time, was playing Vanilla so far. I recognized that the fellowship Campaign does not work, but there was written that this would be solved with a future patch. I could't find any news about this, but that you would have to play Vanilla for Fellowship campagn.
    So I just want to ask if anybody can tell me about this. Is there a patch like this coming? any information about the release?
    Thanks
    Welcome to TWC LordOfWar91
    The Fellowship Camapign has been on the bottom of the To Do-list for the last four years, and since it would be a massive work that has nothing to do with MOS itself honestly I dare promise you it will never be avilable for MOS, whatever good intentions there once were.
    If you want to play it, have TATW installed too: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)

What any new versions concern, the development is currently at halt till Hero of the West, team leader, returns to active modding, and as when that migth be is unknown it is impossible to give any kind of predictions about when a new version might come out.
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 19, 2016 at 11:59 AM.