Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Hi GF,

The Writings/NextHeir-anc won't change who have the existing Heir Apperent-trait, it only makes it likely that when the current leader dies, the guy with the ancillary takes over (and not the guy with the Heir Apperent-trait, unless they are the same). It's not definitive it will work, because of game mechanics, but it is likely.
    It won't have an impact on Aragorn at all before he is adopted into the family, mind you.

Best of luck

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Hi I would like to ask why gondor units such as Gondor Infantry , Gondor Archer wear an armor that look like a cloth(pitcture below) not a plate armor?, and Is there anyway to replace the cloth armor with plate armor or this issue is about my graphic setting or something?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

some thing I have seen and expected maybe I have seen this in vanilla I'm not sure (haven't played vanilla for a long time)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by pangthaiplay; August 08, 2016 at 10:12 AM.

Civis

Well firstly your images aren't working, for me atleast.

Secondly, they need to have the "Partial Plate", ie just upgrade the blacksmith a couple of times

Correct - to get the plate armour you simply have to upgrade them a few times using a blacksmith. The 1st level gives them partial plate, and the 2nd level gives them full plate, as seen in the movies. IIRC their black cloth over mail as the default look was based on the soldiers' descriptions in the books.

Thanks for information.

didn't know before that upgrade armor will affect on appearance too.

Civis

Yea it does. one of my favorite things about Medieval 2 and most mods for it, same with the Elves, the Imladris Rangers looks like light archers with some mail on a horse, give them the armor upgrade and they look like the Eldar units, ie: the Cavalry from the Hobbit movie, really nice touch

I remembered something else I wanted to ask about: does this mod use that submod that makes factions turn into hordes if all their settlements have been captured?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

It once did; IIRC, people feel free to correct me, it was removed because it broke both gameplay experiences and more importantly game perfromance, as the game tended to freeze for folks when factions went horde.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

another question If factions can turn into hordes how about Immotal Nazgul and Immortal heroes will they keep respawn (or they can respawn only in settlements)?
    Last edited by pangthaiplay; August 10, 2016 at 09:08 AM.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by pangthaiplay View Post
    another question If factions can turn into hordes how about Immotal Nazgul and Immortal heroes will they keep respawn (or they can respawn in settlements)?
    Well... As Ngugi just said, defeated factions in MOS don't turn into hordes anymore
    If they did, there is no telling what the Immortal scripts will do, but some people probably do know it. They might be unaffected, or you might suddenly find yourself facing 3 Boromir's...

Don't the immortal heroes only respawn if you still have your faction's starting capital, anyway?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by RInger View Post
    Don't the immortal heroes only respawn if you still have your faction's starting capital, anyway?
    Now that you mention it... Just checked the Immortal Nazgul script and it indeed works that way. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Hmm, Don't know what would be wrong with the unit cards, but as it stands now even if it is indeed a bug, it will not be fixed.

Cair Andros though has been fixed and if you have problems with it, you did not install the All inclusive patch (correctly). If so, then you will miss other bug fixes and content. Note: not all content from the patch is save game compatible.
    You are correct as always! I upgraded to the all inclusive patch and everything works now. Thanks, I somehow missed that final extra patch. Amazing to play as Gondor with most the evil faction bonuses. Hold the river or you are doomed!

Default Why did Windows issue a warning when I started MOS?

I recently downloaded MOS from here. I got a warning from Windows when starting the bat file, something I can't recall happened with the original TA mod. Why is that?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Why did Windows issue a warning when I started MOS?

Quote Originally Posted by CatoTheYounger View Post
    You are correct as always! I upgraded to the all inclusive patch and everything works now. Thanks, I somehow missed that final extra patch. Amazing to play as Gondor with most the evil faction bonuses. Hold the river or you are doomed!
    Thanks, but I assure you that I am not always correct, even if I try to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypze View Post
    I recently downloaded MOS from here. I got a warning from Windows when starting the bat file, something I can't recall happened with the original TA mod. Why is that?
    It's a bit hard to answer this when you don't mention what exactly the warning is and if it keeps you from playing MOS or not.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Is it just me, or does Sauron always sends his invasions to Edoras? I think the only exception was when I played Rohan and instead of Edoras, the invasion was sent to Minas Tirith

well for my very first save he sent invasion to Dale or Erebor (or not both of them I can't remember it lol) but usually he will send to Minas Tirith (when I play as Gondor) and to Edoras (when I play as Rohan)

I've just installed MOS and I'm getting wolves CTD - but only on the battle map. I can live with it, but i've noticed that the wolf general doesn't seem to have a model (he's 'invisible') on the strap map and wondering if the wolf model is also absent from the battle map and could this be causing my ctd?

Alternatively I wonder if it's being caused by my use of .iso files ('virtual disks') for mtw2, which I made a few years ago when my disks got too scratched up to use. I never used to have spider/wolf etc ctds when I played MOS a few years ago, although I do have a completely new system now (also a laptop vs desktop previously).

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

The wolf general being "invisible" on the strat map is as it is meant to be. Hero thought an unexpected fight with rebels would be a nice feature.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Ah, thanks Veteraan. Very devious. Loving the mod though, it's incredible. I have another question - did trolls get some sort of nerf vs archers in MOS? Aragorn alone wiped out a unit of cave trolls ( i know these have less hp in MOS; 4hp) with just half of his ammunition (attack 9, not AP as far as I know)and no melee attacks.

On another occasion, 3 units of archer militia (ranged attack 2, seriously, not AP) wiped out 7 of a group of Mountain Trolls (5hp) just in the normal distance. I wasn't kiting or anything, the trolls ran up, my archers fired as soon as they entered range, trolls ran until they hit my lines, but by then 7 of them were dead. This was very surprising to me because in Vanilla 5-6 units of elven archers couldn't even destroy a troll unit with their extra long range and high attacks. It was even more surprising because trolls have 5-6 more armour in MOS than they do in vanilla. The remaining 4 were a right mongrel to destroy in melee though, even with Dunedain swords. So, what gives?