Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Hey, it's me again!
    I finally decided to reinstall TW and update to MOS 1.7 and to tell you about any error that occurs.
    Here's the first one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error while patching.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	334.1 KB 
ID:	338282

First I installed Medieval 2 Gold. The error message appeared while trying to patch to 1.05. As you can see in the screenshot too, the regarding file does exist. I tried to reinstall it several times - didn't work either. The error also appears with americas, crusades and teutonic.
    Any suggestions?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Hello

How do I change the recruitment time for Swan Knights? I think waiting 8 turns for one unit of Swan Knights is ridiculous and insane, and makes the unit pretty much worthless. I want to set it to something like 4 turns. Which file should I edit and what values do I have to change? Thanks in advance.

Default Helms Deep

Hey ich play Third Age 3.2 with the 1.7 MOS supmod. At the custom battle of helms deep alway the second army which attacks the castle spawn in the mountian or in the walls with the catapults etc...
    What can i do now? Is there any fix for this?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Helms Deep

Quote Originally Posted by dankrat View Post
    Hey ich play Third Age 3.2 with the 1.7 MOS supmod. At the custom battle of helms deep alway the second army which attacks the castle spawn in the mountian or in the walls with the catapults etc...
    What can i do now? Is there any fix for this?
    Welcome to the forum, dankrat.

I moved your thread/post to the MOS thread because you are playing MOS 1.7.

I don't know if there is a fix, but probably there isn't. These are quite difficult things to sort out. Regarding MOS, we only really focus on the grand campaign. If anything else (like custom battles) is not working as intended, we will not fix it. On top of that, all further development of MOS has been stopped, largely due to real life issues. I don't know when, or even if we will work on MOS again.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default MOS 1.7 Hoseat question

Hey, everyone, I am trying to play a hotseat game using all the factions available and was wondering. Do I need to accept/decline the scripts as every faction? (gondor, rohan, etc) or can I just do it once as Gondor? (being the first player) also what would happen if I misclick and accept a script as one faction, but decline it as another?

thanks in advance.

does hotseat have much more support these days? can anyone let me know how stable it is?
    I really want to hotseat this monster of a mod. thanks for any replys

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by bortlemacintosh View Post
    does hotseat have much more support these days? can anyone let me know how stable it is?
    I really want to hotseat this monster of a mod. thanks for any replys
    Nope

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: T˘l Acharn - mighty D˙nedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliš Alý, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouseblues View Post
    Hello

How do I change the recruitment time for Swan Knights? I think waiting 8 turns for one unit of Swan Knights is ridiculous and insane, and makes the unit pretty much worthless. I want to set it to something like 4 turns. Which file should I edit and what values do I have to change? Thanks in advance.
    Go to export_descr_unit file in ur third_age/data folder. Then open it with notepad, press ctrl-f to search in notepad, type swan knights you will find the swan knights stats , then go to stat_cost line, and change 8 to the turn count u want to recruit, then save the notepad and close. Enter te game and check if it worked. Dont forget , not dismounted swan knights or swan kinghts1 , its swan knights. If u have problems with saving the file, check if it permitted by user, or run with administrator.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouseblues View Post
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Warden View Post
    Go to export_descr_unit file in ur third_age/data folder. Then open it with notepad, press ctrl-f to search in notepad, type swan knights you will find the swan knights stats , then go to stat_cost line, and change 8 to the turn count u want to recruit, then save the notepad and close. Enter te game and check if it worked. Dont forget , not dismounted swan knights or swan kinghts1 , its swan knights. If u have problems with saving the file, check if it permitted by user, or run with administrator.
    In export_descr_unit.txt you indeed can change the amount of turns a unit takes to recruit, however not how many turns it take between new units; that is done in export_descr_buildings.txt (also found in MOS' data-folder).

The number in red settles replenishment rate. In this example from MOS, first stable level it's avilable from in in castles, the rate is 0.08 = one new unit every 12,5th turn (as can be calculated by 1/0,08=12,5).
    Code:
    recruit_pool "Swan Knights"  1   0.08   1  2  requires factions { sicily, }  and region_religion islam 80 and hidden_resource amroth and not event_counter is_the_ai 1
    Change it to whatever wanted. 1.0 = one new knight every turn, 0.25 = one new knight every fourth turn, 0.1 = one new knight every tenth turn, etc.

Note that there's 12 different entries for the Swan Knight in the file, since every differen building level it can be recruited in, or retrained in, have an entry - and there're different building entries for cities and castles.

This may prove handy; http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml

When editing, use Notepad++, it's a freeware, or things may not work properly.
    Also, aways back up files before editing.
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 13, 2016 at 04:21 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: T˘l Acharn - mighty D˙nedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliš Alý, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Lord of Shadows's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello, I have a question about Corsair Invasions. If I play as Harad with Corsair Invasions enabled, do I get to control those invasions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Shadows View Post
    Hello, I have a question about Corsair Invasions. If I play as Harad with Corsair Invasions enabled, do I get to control those invasions?
    IIRC, you don't get to control those invasions ever. It has been quite a a while since I test played Harad though, so if anybody knows for sure, don't hesitate to answer this.

Civis

Does that script even work though? after playing as Gondor for the 10th time and going more than 100turns each time I've never seen the corsair invasions.

-Corsair Invasions
    Overview: The Corsairs of Umbar will launch random attacks on key coastal settlements controlled by Gondor.
    How it works: There are several considerations associated with this script:
    1. Umbar must be controlled by Harad
    2. Gondor and Harad must be at war.
    3. Gondor must control the settlement for it to be eligible for the invasion.
    4. Beginning on turn 30 and every 5 turns thereafter, there is a 4-5% chance that an invasion may be initiated per subject settlement.
    The settlements that may be assaulted are:
    Lond Galen
    Pelargir
    Dol Amroth
    Linhir
    Annulond
    Goben Tolfales
    During the first turn of the invasion a fleet will appear off the coast of the targeted settlement. On the next turn an army will spawn adjacent to the settlement and begin the siege.

Maybe the chances are very small?

Icon5 Noldor Guardians Retraining/Recruiting MOS

Hi,

First of all I am new to this forum.

I have been playing MOS submod for a while now, and you cant recruit/retrain Noldor Guardians right? the ones you get at the very beginning when you play as the high elves.

I used the process_cq Imladris to build everything and then checked if I could retrain the Noldor Guardians and I couldn't.

Do I need to rebuild the HE Kingdom and/or wait till I can recruit more units like eldar archers and swordsman?

Hope I have been clear and thanks for this amazing submod

It needs the barracks event to happen as I recall.

Default Re: Noldor Guardians Retraining/Recruiting MOS

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesfbi View Post
    Hi,

First of all I am new to this forum.

I have been playing MOS submod for a while now, and you cant recruit/retrain Noldor Guardians right? the ones you get at the very beginning when you play as the high elves.

I used the process_cq Imladris to build everything and then checked if I could retrain the Noldor Guardians and I couldn't.

Do I need to rebuild the HE Kingdom and/or wait till I can recruit more units like eldar archers and swordsman?

Hope I have been clear and thanks for this amazing submod
    Welcome to the forum, Piratesfbi.

IIRC it needs both of these: "rebuild the HE Kingdom and/or wait till I can recruit more units like eldar archers and swordsman", the second one being the barracks event Infidel mentioned. But you can check it the same way you did before, although it is easier to check via the building browser what you can train than by using the process_cq command. Just do it after the second barracks has happened. If the Guardians do not appear, you will need the HE Kingdom also.

Good to hear you like our mod!

Hi, looks like you guys where right, you need the elven kingdom restored and the second elven barracks and then you can recruit/retrain them at Imladris.
    Thanks for the quick respond

Default Rohan model texture bug

My rohan units seem to have this texture bug that i cant fix, any help?

Last edited by Veteraan; July 24, 2016 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Removed the supefluous [IMG] tags

Kesten pire's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Rohan model texture bug

Reinstall should help. Files were overwritten wrong, I think.

Looks like I found a bug in 1.7. While playing as FPoE this message appeared after the invasion on Edoras: http://postimg.cc/image/3q85fg0px/ (screenshot taken from the OP). This message should only appear to the faction that conquered it, right?