Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    TATW gives you the same error? That means it's not a MOS problem, fortunately or unfortunately. What version of Medieval II do you have? I believe it should be Kingdoms 1.5. I suppose that the vanilla game DOES work?
    how do I check the version? But yes vanilla and all its expansions work and Thera mod works

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    how do I check the version? But yes vanilla and all its expansions work and Thera mod works
    1.5 should come automatically with Kingdoms., so the problem is not there either...
    I really don't have a clue. Literally the only thing I can think of, is that you didn't install TATW 3.0 before installing 3.2, but that is probably not it either.
    You should probably look around in the Technical Help section of the TATW forum. The people there will know more about TATW vanilla crashes than we do.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

It thank you I will check with them

Ok, thank you Greymane, IŽll try it and post what happened

Artifex

Here are two ideas I would like to share, concerning unit statistics.

Reworked cavalry armor
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Armor values for cavalry are, in accordance with the Real Combat statistics system, currently calculated by adding the armor of the rider and the armor that the horse's barding provide which makes elite cavalry quite hard to put a dent in at times. I have tried a variation that I would like to share and propose. Instead of adding the values and using the sum you calculate the average armor value for the horse and rider combined, rounded up. For simplicity, horse and rider each constitute half of the unit. While the rider is usually smaller, he can be expected to be the primary target which I presume evens it out. To further mirror the average of both creatures that make up the soldier, the unit has two hit points instead of one.

If the rider now wears full plate (an armor value of 13) and the horse nothing, the unit will have 6,5 as armor, rounded up to 7.

In my experience this has made cavalry battles less chaotic, superior cavalry will beat inferior cavalry in a more even manner which I think is good. Additionally, arrows are more dangerous unless you have proper armor for your horse, which they should be. Also, swords are not so inferior to armor piercing weapons as before (this is more of an issue in mods like Stainless Steel with the ultra-armored late medieval knights). My overall impression is that cavalry becomes better at charging but worse in protracted melees against infantry, which I think is for the better.

Reworked movement speed
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is an idea that is proposed now and again in various mods so nothing quite new. In RC this is for example partially implemented for cavalry at least, with barding leading to a speed penalty. The point is simple: armor is heavy and so are big shields. Wearing such heavy objects you can not move as fast as otherwise. Therefore, all units should have their movement speed modifier calculated after how heavy their gear is, along with all other things affecting that value. It can be quite simple, like this example:

Unarmored: 0
    Light armor, padded and leather: - 0,1
    Light mail: - 0,2
    Heavy mail, light plating: - 0,3
    Partial plate: -0,4
    Full plate: - 0,5

Light shield: -0,1
    Medium shield: - 0,2
    Large shield: - 0,3

Light weapon: 0
    Medium weapon: - 0,1
    Heavy or unwieldy weapon: - 0,2

The Gondorian infantry upgrade to what I would call at least partial plate and wear shields of medium size and a longsword that is of medium weight and size. They will incur a - 0,7 penalty to their movement and have a movement speed modifier of 0,93. If you prefer to have the animations look best for the heavies you could start counting down from 1.05 or so instead of 1.0.

The Muhad tribesman on the other hand wears only leather or hide armor, a light shield and carry some javelins, which are light but many and therefore might still count as a medium weapon. He only suffers a - 0,3 penalty and will outrun the clumsy Gondorian after peppering him with javelins. If one count the javelins as light, which may be sensible too considering that he can be expected to lighten the load as soon as he gets the chance, the tribesman only incur a - 0,2 penalty and the Gondorian is even more outmatched. That is, until the ammunition runs out and the half-naked barbarians must close with the by now very angry heavy metal fans.

Or send in the snaga! The poor snaga skirmisher is unarmored and carry nothing but javelins, and so only incur a - 0,1 penalty. Goblin have a racial bonus to their speed, like elves, and move at 1.1 as base. The snaga will thus move at 1.09, easily outrunning the stupid humans.

Equipment of elves, dwarves, Dunedain, Uruk-Hai and troll men of Harad would perhaps count as one category lower than what they wear since the elves are good at crafting particularly light yet strong equipment and the others are unusually strong and therefore not slowed as much by heavy burdens as others. Dunedain in this case refers to the rangers and battle-ready Dunedain in Eriador which are described as particularly hard and strong, enjoying the advantages of their Numenorian ancestry.

If this is implemented, light infantry will be able to be light infantry and not just bad infantry. I believe it would add a lot of depth to tactics and allow all sorts of troops to be useful in their own way.

Lastly but not leastly, I have begun an AAR with no less than MOS 1.6.1 where I hope some of the mods features will be visible to the outside audience. Can be found in the Medieval AAR section here if someone is interested, although you fellows have probably all of course seen the mods features already:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...le-Chapter-I-I
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Hi everyone, i have solved my stutter problem on my good specs pc, there is a guy shared some file named "fps booster" in this forum, it helped me, anyways. I am playing Lorien faction and i play MOS, Haldir died and does not respawn , immortal heroes is on, but he does not spawn , i am at 70 turn and i really would like to have him back , i checked descr_unit file, on "heroes" part, there is Haldir Faramir Forlong and many more, i had this problem with Forlong too, Forlong does not spawn when he dies, what is the causing this ?

So, I installed everything again, but nothing changed... donŽt know what I should do know...
    IsnŽt there any option to trigger the events or to force the scripts working?

DonŽt no how to Edit my Post, so IŽm sorry.

But, now I can say that MOS works. I installed everything into my Steam version of M2TW and it worked.
    I have no idea why it doesnŽt work with my other version, but IŽm happy now that I can play MOS normally

Hello!

Wanted to say I'm thrilled to see a new release. It was very unexpected!

However....I seem to be having a problem I haven't encountered before. Around 50-80 turns into the game I keep encountering a problem (this time on turn 77) where the turn begins, all of the notifications come up, but it just...endlessly loads. The mouse stays as the ring that means it's trying to load something but it never happens. I've left it up for 10 minutes before and nothing. I can still do things like open the menu using ESC but I cannot click any of the buttons, I can double click settlements or generals and open their windows but can also not interact with those. If I had to wager a guess it may be something to do with invasions being called (it's not the ring being found, I actually had just discovered it as Eriador and was on my way to Mount Doom as we speak), but I can't be certain. I've run the cleaner twice.

Have you used toggle_fow and lookef if its a general/captain that is trying to move somewhere? That can cause the infinite loading with the mouse as a ring!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stalebread View Post
    Hello!

However....I seem to be having a problem I haven't encountered before. Around 50-80 turns into the game I keep encountering a problem (this time on turn 77) where the turn begins, all of the notifications come up, but it just...endlessly loads. The mouse stays as the ring that means it's trying to load something but it never happens. I've left it up for 10 minutes before and nothing. I can still do things like open the menu using ESC but I cannot click any of the buttons, I can double click settlements or generals and open their windows but can also not interact with those. If I had to wager a guess it may be something to do with invasions being called (it's not the ring being found, I actually had just discovered it as Eriador and was on my way to Mount Doom as we speak), but I can't be certain. I've run the cleaner twice.
    Go to the OP of this thread and open the "Install instructions and download links for MOS 1.7". Then check the the install and changelog for the all "All inclusive patch". I suspect you did not install it. There is also a video there, which might help you.

I am not sure if your saved games will work after you install the all inclusive patch.

If you do not have a similar problem as that what is shown in the video, I have no idea what is wrong.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Go to the OP of this thread and open the "Install instructions and download links for MOS 1.7". Then check the the install and changelog for the all "All inclusive patch". I suspect you did not install it. There is also a video there, which might help you.

I am not sure if your saved games will work after you install the all inclusive patch.

If you do not have a similar problem as that what is shown in the video, I have no idea what is wrong.
    Ah, thanks! I didn't notice the inclusive patch on the bottom. I didn't scroll very far past the download links since I'm well acquainted with that...should have checked for patches.

Wait.. is there a patch after Mos 1.7? :O where can I find that one? :O

Ok sow I found the other patches. And enhanced MOS. Said there was going to be more troops in the game. .. well I dont see any new :/ not in arnor. Gondor. Any of the elven realms either :O

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by menetheren View Post
    Ok sow I found the other patches. And enhanced MOS. Said there was going to be more troops in the game. .. well I dont see any new :/ not in arnor. Gondor. Any of the elven realms either :O
    Well, we didn't make "enhanced MOS".

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Aaaaah..... then never mind then! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by stalebread View Post
    Hello!

İ suppose the problem is , some army ended up near a river at the end of the turn, trying to get across the river but cant make it, it causes a bug, u cannot end the turn because of that, so this happens generally near the city of Feorran ( south-west of Feorran) if u can see an army trying to move through the river and keep repeating thats a bug, what you have to do is , u move this unit to another location by using the console command, move_character "the character name here" for example 125 135, example: move_character Aragorn 142 152, then enter, hope it helps

Started a new campain as arnor... round 37 and gondor are seigeing barad-dur.... how the hell?? Why does mordor always get there as kicked?! xD

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by menetheren View Post
    Started a new campain as arnor... round 37 and gondor are seigeing barad-dur.... how the hell?? Why does mordor always get there as kicked?! xD
    read this please http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14996788
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thx!