Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28536869707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

For a minute there I wondered why you mentioned a car company....

When able too, MIKE still is active on TWC and he probably would notice your post. However, there is actually a dedicated 'Reunited Kingdoms' submod forum.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Arodi View Post
    The faces and hands of the Royal Kinsmen and the tails/plumes on their helmets look off (Rohan), seems to be a texture issue. Is there any fix around for this?

Thanks in advance!
    I was playing Rohan, noticed the same. Checked the models in Milkshape for the mounted and dismounted versions of that unit, and sure enough the texture mapping is wrong off to the side, on the opposite end of where the 3 textures for the heads are located in, same for the plumes.... Now that I know what's going on I'll get around to fixing it and create a forum with a tiny download patch.

Also for some odd reason the mounted royal archers has "turkopoles" as the soldier model in the soldier entry, I changed it to the aum_rohan_royal_horsearcher entry that already exists in the models directory, not sure why it wasn't like that from the start......someone just botched the work in these units huh? lol
    Last edited by King Brian; August 08, 2022 at 05:30 PM.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

The soldier line is the animation to be used. You'll see a lot of edu entries with vanilla medieval 2 units.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    The soldier line is the animation to be used. You'll see a lot of edu entries with vanilla medieval 2 units.
    Yeah I'm aware, what I'm saying is that there was a custom animation already included, so why turkopoles? Also messed up, I didn't mean the dismounted archers, but the mounted ones who have this.

Moreover upon looking at the texture mapping, even the map itself is wrong, it doesn't work for that texture, so will have to remap it and move the vertices myself later on today, I'll upload the fixed meshes to the MOS 1.7 hotfix in a comment and request they add it.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    Yeah I'm aware, what I'm saying is that there was a custom animation already included, so why turkopoles? Also messed up, I didn't mean the dismounted archers, but the mounted ones who have this.

Moreover upon looking at the texture mapping, even the map itself is wrong, it doesn't work for that texture, so will have to remap it and move the vertices myself later on today, I'll upload the fixed meshes to the MOS 1.7 hotfix in a comment and request they add it.
    The team has not been active anymore for quit a few years now. I have kept an eye on the thread, but that's about it. Except for the Creatures fix that I did implement. However, I couldn't have done that without the help Louis Lux kindly offered. Implementing (new) features is not something I'm familiar with.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    The team has not been active anymore for quit a few years now. I have kept an eye on the thread, but that's about it. Except for the Creatures fix that I did implement. However, I couldn't have done that without the help Louis Lux kindly offered. Implementing (new) features is not something I'm familiar with.
    Yeah I did notice the dates on the posts. If anything if anyone is interested they can just download the updated mesh files from me. One thing though, been a while since I used Milkshape3D and I'm on the Texture Coordinator Editor but god-damn, that's a jumble of vertices, and it gets confusing after a while, cause you only have half a face in the texture file, so the idea is, you grab the vertices of the head model from the front, and then bend it vertically, but the thing is, this isn't a model with equal side vertices nor perfectly symmetrical, so it's been really hard doing this, and I was hoping the editor would have a vertical flip tool but that's only for models not for the Texture Coordinator, and if there was a shortcut to do this then I totally forgot.
    "

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You can use the Scale tool to flip things when you make the value negative.

I managed to get the face somewhat but this is such a mess of hair, I've been trying to select the faces individually and I began to mess it up in the process, no wonder the other guy in charge of this model gave up
    "

and I don't even know where the ears go(the face for it) or if I should even include them
    "

Patrician

I can do that sort of stuff in a few minutes for you if you're having trouble with it.

I can do that sort of stuff in a few minutes for you if you're having trouble with it.
    Maybe it's because I didn't work on it myself so I'm not intimate with the model and can't wrap my head around some things, if I keep at it I'm sure I'll succeed but that's not as efficient as having an expert working on it. Anyway, yes I would appreciate the help, although this isn't for me but the whole community, this is to fix something that's been like this in MOS for a long time. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7j4f2fztbq14i/work
    "

Patrician

LL_aum_rohan_dismounted_royal_horsearcher_lod0.zip

It seems like someone made modifications on top of the original texture intended for the unit. Maybe the original texture is still somewhere in the MOS files.

Thank you man you're awesome. Had an error when I tried converting back to mesh files but quickly resolved it.

edit: issue with the animation in battle, just the bow of the dismounted unit, it is all stretched out and bendy, meaning it's not using the soldier animation it should be using. The mounted version is fine though. Just looking through the list to see what works.

edit2: Yeah so there seems to be an issue when converting the model back to mesh, the converter is not properly building the skeleton for the custom animations of Third Age that involves a movable bowstring and arrow. Tried using an older version that supposedly converted it right but then the new mesh files caused a crash when loading battle, most likely because I was converting back to mesh files that were converted to ms3d with the newer version of the modeler's toolbox(I first converted the file you gave me, found out bows were messed up in game, and then converted again with a diff version, thus the crash)..when I converted straight from the file you posted, no more crash but it seems the older toolbox v.5 isn't rebuilding the skeleton either, tried every option. Perhaps because the file you gave me is an edited version of the one I gave you with the v.6 of the toolbox and the skeleton was gone from the start? think I have to get my hands on the original files now and then just grab the heads from the one you gave me, merge the ms3d files and then convert again and see if the custom skeleton stays for the bowstring animations.
    edit3: managed to fix the skeleton animations but now the heads and horse hair on the helmet won't show. selected a whole group and reassigned a joint and they would show, but that's not ideal, selected by vertices for the lower half and assigned to torso, and the upper half assigned to head, and now they won't show again in battle, it's just invisible.
    Last edited by King Brian; August 11, 2022 at 12:57 PM.
    "

Patrician

Sorry I should have converted back to mesh. It has a bowstring skeleton so it should use a bowstring animation set.

Jesus that was a pain in the ass to fix, anyway it's done.rohan_royal_archers_kinsmen_head_fix.7z just copy paste the content into the mods folder of Medieval 2 Total War and replace.
    "

Sorry I should have converted back to mesh. It has a bowstring skeleton so it should use a bowstring animation set.
    Should have refreshed the page sooner, and saved me the pain of remembering how to correctly merge joints and find out that it was a skeleton causing the issue. Well it's done regardless, thank you though, it's the thought that counts.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    (for anyone in the future who might find the steps useful: ) So yeah redownloaded the original files, unpacked the skeletons dat(in animations folder), found out which skeleton animations they used(in battle models file), used the modder's toolbox version 5(older) and converted files to MS3D with rebuild skeleton option ticked on and using the skeletons I just unpacked, deleted groups I would end up replacing, grabbed your model deleted unneeded groups, materials and joints, opened back up the other files, merged with yours, selassigned the joints from yours that I left be to the existing joints at the top of the list, deleted those same imported duplicate joints(you have to double click the joint in the joints tab list, and press delete on your keyboard ), and assigned the materials to the newly imported groups. And it took me hours relearning all that.
    Last edited by King Brian; August 11, 2022 at 06:39 PM.
    "

Patrician

That's all completely unnecessary. You either merge the ms3d with an unit with a working bowstring skeleton or simply delete the arrow and assign the bow to the left hand bone, additionally the bmdb entry would need to be changed to vanilla bowman animations.

Yeah....and merging involves deleting all the stuff you don't need which is what I did. Why would I delete the arrow model and assign the bow again? everything is fine the way it is the only thing that was missing was the skeleton because the modder's toolbox, the latest one, did not properly convert the skeleton, the older version did. The whole point is to keep these custom animations so why would I revert to vanilla ones.
    "

Patrician

Reverting to the vanilla skeleton and animation is just an easy way to resolve the issue.
    The method you described is way too convoluted and I'm surprised it even worked. Deleting all the stuff you don't need just requires selecting the geometry of the bowstring unit with the skeleton and deleting it, which just takes a couple of clicks.
    I use goat, but it just takes a couple minutes to merge files. Also, goat allows to merge unit with an external skeleton which doesn't require deleting anything.

Thanks for the reply I was a bit confused. So 'goat'...I'll look up the tool, I either forgot since it's been years or I never knew.
    "