Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2752676869707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Does anyone have withwnars bodyguard switcher mod for MOS 1.6.2.?

It was originally here but the links are not working anymore.. please upload them if you have them saved somewhere on your hard drive, would be much appreciated. It makes the mod much more immersive.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

To anyone who has a problem with crash on start and not using steam you can:

go to folder with your game- this is my path.
    E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\

behind last \ put this medieval2.exe @mods\TATW\TATW.cfg
    What you need to do: rewrite TATW(this is how I named it) to F.E. Third_Age_3.2
    E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.exe @mods\TATW\TATW.cfg
    and press enter and play

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    There won't be any updates, development of MOS stopped in 2016.
    That's too bad, I was hoping to "revive the old days" with 1.62+Reunited Kingdom someday. That Gondor campaign on vh/vh with all the scripts(well, except the immortal heroes) is the best(and most challenging) TW experience..ever.
    PS: Veteraan, wish you, the team and MG all the best. Thank you.

I'm playing MOS 1.62 w/ the reuinited kingdom submod, it seems that units gain experience far, far too fast compared to vanilla TATW - has it been edited for MOS ? Also, the peasant spearmen have graphical bugs in battle.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm playing a Gondor Hard/Hard campaign, and it seems far too easy. In battle enemy infantry routs if a horse so much as rides behind them - has this been edited from vanilla TATW ?

I tried checking my save game difficulty with MedManager but it won't work.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Gondor_H_H.zip

Please check my save and see if the battles feel as though they're on Hard battle difficulty, thanks.
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; July 06, 2021 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Additional Questions

Default MOS Submod, Battles Too Easy, Hard Difficulty ?

I'm playing MOS 1.62 w/ the reuinited kingdom submod, it seems that units gain experience far, far too fast compared to vanilla TATW - has it been edited for MOS ? Also, the peasant spearmen have graphical bugs in battle.

Thanks.

I tried to check the difficulty with med manager :

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...=#post16036197

Gondor_H_H.zipGondor_H_H.zip

Edit: I'm playing a Gondor Hard/Hard campaign, and it seems far too easy. In battle enemy infantry routs if a horse so much as rides behind them - has this been edited from vanilla TATW ?

I tried checking my save game difficulty with MedManager but it won't work.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Please check my save and see if the battles feel as though they're on Hard battle difficulty, thanks.

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

I am playing a game as Isengard right now and I noticed the Guards of the Orthanc are fundamentally broken. They lose stamina extremely quickly and NEVER EVER recharge it. I noticed then when I hunted a hopelessly inferior army uphill across the map. The Orthanc were exhausted when other units weren't even winded, and after I waited so long in x6.0 speed that everyone else was fully refreshed, they were still exhausted.

Edit: just found out development stopped 5 years ago, woops! Does anyone know what file I have to edit to fix this? I find nothing in export_descr_units.
    Last edited by Ältester der Motten; September 06, 2021 at 02:16 AM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Chasing units with spearmen units is not a good idea, they get tired quickly.

They should have the hardy attribute in export_descr_unit. You can change it to very_hardy to give them a stamina bonus.

I think stamina is mostly tied to unit type, spearmen are not going to have great stamina so avoid having them running around too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Chasing units with spearmen units is not a good idea, they get tired quickly.

They should have the hardy attribute in export_descr_unit. You can change it to very_hardy to give them a stamina bonus.

I think stamina is mostly tied to unit type, spearmen are not going to have great stamina so avoid having them running around too much.
    I see. I still think there must be a bug because the stamina never recovers. But it could be a ME2 issue? I don't remember any issue like that from the past though.

Also I wasn't chasing them in a literal sense, I was just sending my army to go marching after them as they retreated to the edge of the map.
    Last edited by Ältester der Motten; September 07, 2021 at 09:57 AM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

They should be able to recover after a few minutes at 6x speed. Some testing would be required to see if there is an actual issue.

Development on both MOS and Third Age has stopped a long time ago so if there is an issue it's not likely to be solved.

Indeed. I decided to just switch to DaC. I initially didn't want to because of the liberal lore additions, but it's just more well-rounded and I prefer the deeper faction differentiation a lot, both for immersion and gameplay.

Hi,
    are there any fixes for borderline broken maps? Minas Morgul for example. People walk underwater, in many places you cannot form a line. The map directly in front of Minas Morgul is also a mess. In many places it is impossible to form a line of three units.

I don't know why I am getting the same error?

Many of the custom maps are notorious for odd unit behavior there is really no fix for that.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

I was having an issue though. It's taking the AI around 30-45 sec to complete their turn but now its fixed

I am glad to hear that. Good look in the rest of your campaign.

Some original MOS developers plan to continue their work and update to release a new version? It's six years since the last version 1.7 and minor bug fixes has been released periodic; as I still play MOS and consider it superior to other Third Age strands, I will list for points that happening in my longs play.

1. A rebel regions beyond Mordor-Gondorian front as are weak enough to resist into limite 15 turn, like Fangorn as conquer by Rohan (I thought it should be even more difficult since it's a hard to access forest [in the books], so it should have a strong garrison of Ents and few entrances for it), west of Gondor rebel regions and Tharbad too, both they are conquest by Gondor and High Elves early - 30 to 50 turn.

2. The Evil factions are weak enough to lose his high commander in beginning of campaign (supposed the immortal heroes and nazgûl script was been disable); Saruman life is short enough, in minor battles against Rohan his fallon will be (very weak bodyguard). Isengard has very few armies at the beginning (only two, one with Luzt and another with Saruman), which makes it very difficult for the AI expansion at the beginning, as well as attacks on Rohan.

3. The excessive AI recruiting in some factions like the Elves (High Elves, Lothlórien, Woodland Real) becomes exhausting to the point where you have on turn 50, two full stacks of elite elvens around Dol Guldur. The solution to this would be to increase the number of turns for recruiting elite units and limited the acess for him (this is for all "good" factions, Men [Gondor and Dale] and Elves).

This is one of the points that bothers me when playing version 1.7. I don't expect it to be fixed. As far as I know, the MOS has suffered many years out of date, and it's still good! I hope to see you alive again in the future...

Namárië
    Last edited by l5c4sl3m0s; December 10, 2021 at 11:02 PM.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Development of MOS has stopped in 2016. I am the only team member that is still active on TWC where all the MOS development took place. MOS 1.7 was developed by Hero of the West, Greymane and myself. I did indeed make sure that some minor bugfixes were implemented. The most important and recent one being the Creature Crash fix, which had to tailored to be fitting for MOS. With thanks to Louis Lux who helped me with getting it working. As far as I'm concerned that was the last update there will be for MOS.

It's always nice to see someone enjoying our work and provide feedback. Thank you for that. You might be interested in the Reunited Kingdoms mod for MOS that MIKE GOLF still is working on.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Not sure if youll read this but well Ill write it out anyway.

Just came back here after probably 10 years. Played a lot of TATW and MOS in my childhood and enjoyed it a lot!. It is a really weird feeling coming back here and seeing that most posts are months old if not more. Feels very melancholic and sombre. Kind of like coming to the last remnants of a once great civilisation haha

Anyway I just wanted to thank you for making this amazing mod (and apparently even now still implementing some bugfixes!)and giving me so much joy during my childhood!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Thank you on behalf of all the former team members that made MOS what it is. Good to hear the mod provided some enjoyment in your youth, that has always been the goal I believe. For now I'm still keeping an eye on MOS and the TATW forum, but at some point I will leave also. It's the way things go.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Icon1 Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Hope it is the right place to post it, and hope you are all right.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Just a minor glitch for mr. MG

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar