Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31567172737475767778798081
Results 1,601 to 1,614 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

I found the error: I am an idiot. I found it weird that I didn't have the MOS shortcut, so I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it works! I think I had to believe that the second part was installed automatically I see that, shame on me!
    When I think that a few years ago I modified TATW (resources, add cities and unit stats) and that today I am wrong in an installation lol! Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you, this mod is great
    the freedom of each one stopped where that the others begin

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rescator View Post
    I found the error: I am an idiot. I found it weird that I didn't have the MOS shortcut, so I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it works! I think I had to believe that the second part was installed automatically I see that, shame on me!
    When I think that a few years ago I modified TATW (resources, add cities and unit stats) and that today I am wrong in an installation lol! Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you, this mod is great
    I think most of us have been an idiot and some point. I certainly have on more than one occasion. But good to hear you got the Mod running!

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

!!!
    the freedom of each one stopped where that the others begin

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

EDIT: Never mind, just read the second post of the thread, forgot about the creature fix specifically for MOS, I thought I had it downloaded already since it's been so long since I've played this game. However, I'm not starting a new campaign with the High Elves after 200 turns. Sadly I'll just have to spawn an elite army to take out Sauron manually on the campaign map. I hate doing stuff like that and cheating, but it's the only way to stop the game from crashing. Guess I'll have to download the creature fix for the next campaign if there ever is one, don't see myself playing another MOS campaign ever in my lifetime after this. A shame! I've fought Sauron before, and I remember just having to turn the graphics settings down temporarily like I've already tried. Apparently that doesn't work anymore? It worked for spiders and wolves, but not Sauron. Sucks.

What exactly does the early invasion script do? Like, how early are we talking about? Turn 1?

Also, is there any downside to combining certain scripts? Like, what happens if I turn on Immortal heroes and Nazgul Resurrection at the same time?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Iirc, more like 25-30.

The scripts should be compatible with each other, just maybe you can make the game too difficult for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Iirc, more like 25-30.

The scripts should be compatible with each other, just maybe you can make the game too difficult for yourself.
    I guess that is a risk. Though I don't see that many that boost the difficulty other than garrison script (Which was in Third age). Does immortal heroes also affect your enemies?

Harad on VH/VH is certainly in a great strategic position but unless you get a bunch of generals killed off and leave every free upkeep unit in place you're going to go MASSIVELY into debt. I got down to 30K and only improved to 25K by taking Pelagir and destroying everything and I was STILL losing money. Obviously it's a finished mod and unfortunately it's just overshadowed now, but if anyone is interested in playing Harad on this submod that's my advice.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; October 06, 2023 at 10:37 PM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Just for fun and giggles, the final results of my 350-turn High Elves campaign, in which I secured 153 provinces (3 of which belong to my client state vassal Dale), so basically three quarters of the entire map (which has roughly 200 provinces). I did not cheat at all, aside from fiddling with ancillaries and some traits here and there. However, I did allow Gondor and the High Elves to recruit gunners and cannons, gunpowder weaponry meant to even the advantage enjoyed by Isengard with its bomb throwers and Rhun with its flamethrowers, if not to blunt the insane advantage Mordor has with Olog-hai trolls, Mumakil elephants, and the arrival of Sauron as a general.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Elves Harad Destroyed.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	410.4 KB 
ID:	369577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Elves turn 350.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	505.7 KB 
ID:	369578

I'm sure they know where all the good strains of Pipe Weed are grown.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Hey everyone! Hope someone still peeks over here now and then. I wanted to figure out how to give High Elves back the ability to upgrade castle settlements as I'm not a fan of the feature*, it kind of blindsided me while I was on my HE campaign in fact. I've read an old thread somewhere around here which suggested that all that needs to be done is editing the export_descr_buildings file and adding egypt to the "requires faction" lists of each of the castle upgrades (so it would look something like "wooden_castle castle requires factions { gondor, northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, southern_european, egypt, } etc, but doing this causes my game to crash to desktop upon loading my campaign save. I also tried the same thing with "greek" instead of "egypt" as afaik that stands for the elven "culture" and would fit the other values in the list, I also saw it on the city wall upgrades list, but the result was the same crash. Game works fine when I revert to the backup file and I tried to make sure that I don't mess up any indentations when I add the values. I'm only using TATW with MOS and the creature patch. Any ideas what could I be doing wrong, or indeed if the method I'm going for is way out of date? Thanks for any responses

* I wonder what the original rationale for this was. Gameplay wise, elves get the same units in both settlement types iiuc. Lore-wise, Elves have built numerous epic fortresses in Middle Earth and beyond and can be assumed to be masters of the craft (as with most things). I guess it would make sense that late third age elves wouldn't have the capacity to build a massive new castle with their dwindling numbers and the whole theme of fading away, but going by that logic we probably shouldn't be able to play as them altogether!

Eduardus's Avatar Libertus

Helo, just wanted to say, best of the best. No need for something else (I've heard DaC has more lore, but that's enough for me). Though I do I have one request: how can one play both MoS 1.7 AND the original TATW 3.2 ? Forgive me if the answer is somewhere within the site, I've searched and did not find as for now.
    I've deleted my 1.7 folder, uninstalled TATW and all, then clean reinstalled TATW up to 3.2, the same.
    Then I've copied the MoS 1.7 folder still in the mods, renamed it. Surprise: both .bat files start MoS 1.7...
    Unless I should copy the entire MTWII folder, is there a way ?

Thank you.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Eduardus's Avatar Libertus

Many thanks, that solved it.

Btw, one fellow contributor proudly forwarded me the 1.6.1 version of the MoS, where I have huge battle events saved. The problem is, it is the update to 1.5 MoS, which is nowhere to be found (I lost all the stuff a couple of years back, due to a virus, and the only site I can find 1.5 is a Polish one, with sms payment for the transfer - I don't really want to give it a try, who knows). Things were well advanced in my campaign, and I was on the way to destroy the ring. Mordor was spawning full trolls armies, Harad was doing the same with Mumakils. I quite long for it.
    If you people happen to have it, it will really be a blessing.

Thanks for all.