Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Bonus Unit Stats not showing

None of the bonus stats other than standard stats appear. Cannot see the actual unit stats, it still displays the unit card just the base stats regardless of veterancy and upgrades. Clean install of tatw and mos. Additionally issues upgrading a lot of mordor settlements despite having met the next required population size required. Any ideas?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Dont now anything about the stats... but about the town upgrade, isnt it ment to be there sow that not all castles and towns can grow to the max size? To prevent any faction to get to OP or something? Like my shire villages never upgrades to small town. They always stay tiny even at 3000 in the population!

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

I have a few questions:
    I'm playing as Dale and just discovered there's a unit from the original "Third Age TW" mod that I haven't been able to play in MOS (the Rhovanion spearman and cavalry). I own the Rhovanion Heartlands so am I supposed to conquer another region to use them or were they deleted in MOS?
    2nd Q: I have the Master Woodsman's guild in Dale so I should be getting +2 experience from every archer recruitment, yet in my game I am forced to retrain them, costing almost as much as the unit itself to do so, which is ridiculous.
    3rd Q: What is the point of the Royal Barracks? It has the exact same stats as the Army Barracks when I click to get more info about the building.

Thanks!

Is there a recommended difficulty setting for MOS like with divide and conquer? Does difficulty have much of an effect in a heavily scripted campaign? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

MOS is recommended as vh/vh just as vanilla, and yes it will make a difference. The enemy will have ALOT more troops and gold

Try running the Cleaner.bat which you can find in the "Third_Age_3" folder.[/QUOTE]

Hi, thanks for the advice, it ended up working just after a few attempts. Thanks and great job, loving the mod.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOwl View Post
    I have a few questions:
    I'm playing as Dale and just discovered there's a unit from the original "Third Age TW" mod that I haven't been able to play in MOS (the Rhovanion spearman and cavalry). I own the Rhovanion Heartlands so am I supposed to conquer another region to use them or were they deleted in MOS?
    2nd Q: I have the Master Woodsman's guild in Dale so I should be getting +2 experience from every archer recruitment, yet in my game I am forced to retrain them, costing almost as much as the unit itself to do so, which is ridiculous.
    3rd Q: What is the point of the Royal Barracks? It has the exact same stats as the Army Barracks when I click to get more info about the building.

Thanks!
    1 dont know sorry
    2 hardcoded base MTW2 game mechanic
    3 it has a faster replenishment rate of units
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I don't know if this has been asked before in the old thread, but are the Rhudaur archers, swordsmen, and nobles not available in the campaign? I enjoy using them in custom battles, but I'm about 10 turns past the barracks event as Gundabad, and my building trees don't show anything.

Are u sure Rhudaur archers are part of the Gundabab army ? And have u checked ur settlement region has the special troop option, like in Morva Tarth or someting i dont remember maybe thats the reason.

Ok thanks for the info atthias. I also just discovered once I build a barracks in the right region I am able to recruit the Rhovanion spearman.

Now I have a question about unit recruitment penalties. I conquered Rhun and have +60 northmen culture in those eastern settlements, and still, even with 3rd tier infantry buildings, I can only recruit 1 Hearth Watchman (the most basic unit) once every 13 turns. This is so frustrating as it basically nullifies any unit recruitment from this region, which is right next to the Black Gate. I cannot beat Mordor while relying solely on Dale and Esgaroth to supply the stronger units. Is there an in-game way to bring recruitment times back to normal so I can utilize that region (or any foreign region for that matter)? If not, what game file and area within that file do I need to adjust? I don't want to change standard recruitment times, just lighten the penalties.

Royal barracks for exapmle you can recruit one eldar spearman, when you build royal barracks you can recruit 2 eldar spearman at the same time, that is called unit pool, you see an enemy army rushing for your building and u want to counter atack or defend your city, you have to muster an army , so you recruit units, but what is that ? you can recruit only 1 unit , thats because ur building is not big or expanded, so when you build higher lvls of the barracks or archery ranges you get to recruit more of the same units, i hope it helped, i pushed my English limits sorry for grammar mistakes.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Now I have a question about unit recruitment penalties. I conquered Rhun and have +60 northmen culture in those eastern settlements, and still, even with 3rd tier infantry buildings, I can only recruit 1 Hearth Watchman (the most basic unit) once every 13 turns. This is so frustrating as it basically nullifies any unit recruitment from this region, which is right next to the Black Gate. I cannot beat Mordor while relying solely on Dale and Esgaroth to supply the stronger units. Is there an in-game way to bring recruitment times back to normal so I can utilize that region (or any foreign region for that matter)? If not, what game file and area within that file do I need to adjust? I don't want to change standard recruitment times, just lighten the penalties.
    'This why we submodders always want people to start with TATW and not the submods, hehe ^^
    There's a terrain modfier, from TATW and thus in every submod. Good Men have high replenishment rate for new units in grasslands but low in mountains and deserts, Orcs have good replenishment in mountains but low in forest regions, Elves have good in forest but low in mountains and deserts and so on., the games are balanced that way.
    You technically can edit or remove the modifiers, but it would honestly be a HUGE work. For a single low tier unit you may have about 27 edits to do (because each one usually have 2-3 entries per barrack level, x2 because there're different barracks in cities and castles), fewer for higher tier units - but there're hundreds of units.
    Additionally, removing or decreasing it will result in a higher degree of stack spamming, and unless you enjoy endless grinding you won't want that

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I figured out where to edit it (in Export_desc_buildings or something). I reduced the penalties slightly for higher tier buildings but left the others mostly the same. You're right it took a while lol. I don't know, for how quickly Mordor takes over the map in VH, VH, the recruitment times, building times, settlement upgrades, etc take far too long imo to get going to counter properly. It's almost as if you're forced to beat the game with lower tier units because if you wait around for the cooler units, Mordor's already pwn'ed everyone. Gondor & Rohan are gone in my game and all the focus is on me now. Wish me luck! hahaha.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by menetheren View Post
    Dont now anything about the stats... but about the town upgrade, isnt it ment to be there sow that not all castles and towns can grow to the max size? To prevent any faction to get to OP or something? Like my shire villages never upgrades to small town. They always stay tiny even at 3000 in the population!
    It's mainly for lore reasons really. Elves building beautiful cities in Mordor and Men building huge settlements in the Shire seems a little bit off

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked before in the old thread, but are the Rhudaur archers, swordsmen, and nobles not available in the campaign? I enjoy using them in custom battles, but I'm about 10 turns past the barracks event as Gundabad, and my building trees don't show anything.
    Aren't most of them mercenaries? As the OOTMM i could recruit all of them as mercs, so it should work the same with Gundabad.

I figured out where to edit it (in Export_desc_buildings or something). I reduced the penalties slightly for higher tier buildings but left the others mostly the same. You're right it took a while lol. I don't know, for how quickly Mordor takes over the map in VH, VH, the recruitment times, building times, settlement upgrades, etc take far too long imo to get going to counter properly. It's almost as if you're forced to beat the game with lower tier units because if you wait around for the cooler units, Mordor's already pwn'ed everyone. Gondor & Rohan are gone in my game and all the focus is on me now. Wish me luck! hahaha.
    Are you playing MOS 1.7? Because if so, you are the first 1.7 player to actually report a Mordor blitzkrieg Mostly Gondor seems to be doing way better, even though it really can go either way.
    In any case, good luck!

Yes sir, 1.7. To be fair, the ai eliminated OOTMM & OOG without my help, by turn 70 I think. I've only taken over Rhun. And thanks!

So is it just me or does the charge mechanic for infantry not work too well in this mod? For example my galadhrim swords, who have 7 charge, charged an enemy gondor infantry and only inflicted a little more than 10 casualties. Is that normal? I remember playing Third Age vanilla a while ago and I'm pretty sure when I used elvan infantry to charge they easily killed 30+ soldiers. Just curious if this is only me experiencing this or if this is how the mod is. Other than that great mod!

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Yes sir, 1.7. To be fair, the ai eliminated OOTMM & OOG without my help, by turn 70 I think. I've only taken over Rhun. And thanks!
    The AI usually does that. It's what poor units and a poor starting position will get you Even as a player, OOTMM is extremely hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonz View Post
    So is it just me or does the charge mechanic for infantry not work too well in this mod? For example my galadhrim swords, who have 7 charge, charged an enemy gondor infantry and only inflicted a little more than 10 casualties. Is that normal? I remember playing Third Age vanilla a while ago and I'm pretty sure when I used elvan infantry to charge they easily killed 30+ soldiers. Just curious if this is only me experiencing this or if this is how the mod is. Other than that great mod!
    It is likely units in MOS have higher defenses than in TATW. But that said, I've never played TATW vanilla (despite Ngugi and others urging everybody to do it before playing any submods)...
    Anyway, I've never seen infantry get higher than 10 or so kills in a charge. Against goblins you could maybe get 30 of more, but definitely not against regular Gondor infantry. 10 casualties is pretty good.
    Cavalry charges are overpowered though, just like they probably are in TATW.

Oh ok well the high defense could more than likely be the reason for it. I was just so surprised to see these elf units get so little kills on the charge in comparison to these same units in Third Age vanilla. I'm just glad this isn't some bug that was messing with me. Thanks for the help!

Libertus

Hello MOS team. First of all, thank you for this mod, I love it. I've really enjoyed every campaign I've played so far. In MOS 1.7 I've already finished (or fulfil my goals) 7 or 8 campaigns, most of them on VH, all with 250+ turns. I would like to give you some feedback and observations.
    1. OoG and OoMM are very weak. They never survive 90 turns, usually they are destroyed around turn 70.
    2. Isengard is being destroyed even sooner. It is because of Saruman, who always somehow gets out of Isengard and because he has no movement points, he just standing there expose to Rohan. Isengard is doing quite well, but Rohan usually kills Saruman around turn 40 => whole faction die. I think Saruman should have some heirs who would continued to rule Isengard, if he dies.
    3. Dwarfes crush everyone. Orcs, Arnor, Woodland Realm are no match for them.
    4. Dunland is strong as well. After Isengard dies, they fight both Arnor and Rohan and usually are succesfull.
    5. Lorien elves and High elves do nothing. They capture Moria and few settlements around Gladden fields, respectively regiones around west coast and thats it. They just standing in their lands, hoards armies and do nothing.
    6. Duels between Dale and Rhun, Gondor and Mordor are very well balanced. Not even once one side completely destroyed oposite side. Only with help of their allies they are able to beat them.

Anyway, thank you for your good work once again. Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Warden View Post
    Are u sure Rhudaur archers are part of the Gundabab army ? And have u checked ur settlement region has the special troop option, like in Morva Tarth or someting i dont remember maybe thats the reason.
    Yes the only special troops in the settlement region I see are the basic mercs (Hillmen, Rhudaur Axeman, Scouts) and the Heavy Axemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Aren't most of them mercenaries? As the OOTMM i could recruit all of them as mercs, so it should work the same with Gundabad.
    Only the ones I've mentioned above are available as Mercs so far. I haven't even seen a rebel army/garrison with the Swordsmen, Pikes, Archers, or Nobles.