Page 75 of 81 FirstFirst ... 25506566676869707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Good info, I'm not sure if this fix is savegame compatible, but I would expect it not to be. Time for some testing.

Edit: I did a quick test just to check that there would be no crashes when starting a new campaign. It seems there are not.

I don't think you were unlucky but rather that the MOS_Creatures_Fix is indeed not save game compatible.

Still, it's good to be able to see the wolves for the first time in a battle.
    Hopefully the Ents and the Spiders will work as well.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I played some very big custom battles with 40 units of creatures pitted against each other. They all did not crash. The Balrog is the most likely candidate to still crash. but not very often I suspect.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Dear MOS 1.7 players,

After some intensive work, Im happy to announce that a MOS_Creatures_Fix patch is now available.

This fix should dramatically reduce, if not totally eliminate the crashes that a lot of people experience when the following units are present in a battle:
    Ents, Wolves, Spiders, The Balrog, Sauron.

Some other fixes have been implemented also, you can have look at it all by clicking on the link in the last line of this post. Altough that is the description of what is in the original TATW creatures fix, much of it will probably work for MOS too. I can already state while doing some testing for this fix in custom battle, I got a single Sauron unit instead of three Saurons as it used to be. I think it was like that, it's been years since I last saw Sauron(s) in MOS. The same goes for the Balrog, from what I noticed during a few test battles that too seems to have turned into a single unit.

Install instructions:

1) Download the patch from this LINK.
    2) Optional: Make a backup of the 'Animations' folder and 'descr_mount.txt' file. They are both located in the 'Data' folder.
    3) Unzip the patch file in your main MOS folder, accept overwrite files when asked. If you are not asked to overwrite files, you have unzipped the patch in the wrong folder.
    4) Start the mod, play with some creatures. It should not be necessary to run the 'Cleaner.bat' file, but it shouldn't do any harm either.

Credits:

Louis Lux : for his instructions on how to get this done and his invaluable assistance in solving the unexpected problems that manifested themselves during the making of this fix.
    Veteraan : for testing the fix and making the the actual patch file (a rather minor job).
    This fix would not have been possible without the work and assistance from Jojo00182 and the rest of the Call of Warhammer: Beginning of the end of times team

This fix is based on the earlier work done HERE

I would be very interested in some feedback about the patch, before I will add it to the First Post and probably ModDB.

Edit: The MOS_Creatures_Fix is most likely not save game compatible. If you want to finish a current campaign, you should wait with applying the patch until that campaign is concluded.
    How about integrating this fix along with the patch into a single installer to make it easier for installation

Roman Soldier's Avatar Civis

Hey Veteraan (or anyone),

Does the sub-mod I linked below still work with the new installer & possibly with the "creature fix"?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/massive-o...hanced-mos-170

I couldn't find any information on it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Soldier View Post
    Hey Veteraan (or anyone),

Does the sub-mod I linked below still work with the new installer & possibly with the "creature fix"?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/massive-o...hanced-mos-170

I couldn't find any information on it.

Thanks!
    I already answered this (most likely, perhaps) because I also got this question via PM and noticed it there first.

Please ask questions at one place only. It's not cool having folks that want to help you spend time and energy on answering a question that already has been dealt with.

Follow up questions are okay of course.

Kivals's Avatar Libertus

Dear MOS and TATW authors.

First of all absolutely amazing work. Thank you for the days of experience with your absolutely brilliant mod.

My questions are
    1) About rebuilding Elven kingdoms. After rebuilding it names are updated (e. g. for Silvan Elves "Woodland Realm"). But the problem is that when you restart the campaign it still stays as Woodland Realm. Any advice on how to rename it back for the new campaign ?
    2) Settlement growth limit. Does it really linked only with "big_city" hidden resource in descr_regions.txt? I also noticed that in descr_strat.txt there is "amber" resource dedicated to villages. Does it as well had to be modified?

Any advice on that will be usefull

Edited:
    On the first issue. It seems that I mixed up TATW and MOS namings. It was Woodland realm from the beginning ))). So this is closed...
    On the second issue. Tried to add big_city, and expand_settlement to descr_regions.txt . Does not solve the problem. (map.rwm deleted of cause). Here help definitely needed.
    Last edited by Kivals; September 21, 2020 at 01:01 PM.
    Every trait you take
    Every move you make
    Every town upgrade
    Every treaty break

I'll be playing you

Can I install the enhanced submod for mod after installing the creatures fix please? Or will it break the game?
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidos View Post
    Can I install the enhanced submod for mod after installing the creatures fix please? Or will it break the game?
    I have no idea what would happen. The enhanced submod for MOS is not made by the MOS team. Of course you could just try it, but you would want to make a copy of your existing MOS install before doing that.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Davidos View Post
    The creature fix only changes the animation files (inside the animation folder) and the descr_mount.txt file.
    You can have a quick look at the submod files and see if they change the 2 things I mentioned above, if not it should work fine.

Hello everybody! I haven't played Third Age in a few years, just installed a clean version of the Medieval 2 base game, Third Age mod and MOS submod. Started a new campaign as Gondor. Everything's been running smoothly until around turn 10 when Ithilien got besieged by a small army led by Witch King. However, any time I try to defend the settlement in battle, the game crashes. What could be causing it, and is there any way to fix that? I'd really rather not lose Ithilien and all of Faramir's army just because I can't fight the battle manually and autoresolve keeps losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darhogo View Post
    Hello everybody! I haven't played Third Age in a few years, just installed a clean version of the Medieval 2 base game, Third Age mod and MOS submod. Started a new campaign as Gondor. Everything's been running smoothly until around turn 10 when Ithilien got besieged by a small army led by Witch King. However, any time I try to defend the settlement in battle, the game crashes. What could be causing it, and is there any way to fix that? I'd really rather not lose Ithilien and all of Faramir's army just because I can't fight the battle manually and autoresolve keeps losing it.
    Well, since it seems to be an issue with the mod that you are not able to solve without doing the battle, I would advise you to just use the console command auto_win defender to win that battle, then do something to compensate the fact that you just cheated your way to win the battle x)

Hello, I have a theoretical question. Maybe someone was doing a similar thing. I want to change the rules of the barracks for all factions, so that, for example, on the fourth level of the barracks, you can only recruit units from this level (lower levels will not be available). Can anyone suggest, theoretically, whether it will not significantly destroy the balance of the game. Cheers and thanks for the amazing mod

Hey all, wondering if you guys know what may be causing the "medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" crash or how to get around it. I'm running MOS 1.7 and the Enhanced MOS submod located with the mod on MODDB. I had no issues with anything until turn 55 when I would load up saves from that file and they'd almost immediately crash. I somehow managed to get around this by saving every turn, exiting out of the game, and reloading the save I just made. This stopped working as of turn 70 however. Is this a known issue with MOS itself or is it possibly coming from this submod? I'd like to keep running the submod if possible but I'm willing to dump it if need be. Already did to see if I can recreate the error in MOS standard, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you guys know anything about this, need more info, or have any tips about dealing with this, please let me know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beznerds View Post
    Hey all, wondering if you guys know what may be causing the "medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" crash or how to get around it. I'm running MOS 1.7 and the Enhanced MOS submod located with the mod on MODDB. I had no issues with anything until turn 55 when I would load up saves from that file and they'd almost immediately crash. I somehow managed to get around this by saving every turn, exiting out of the game, and reloading the save I just made. This stopped working as of turn 70 however. Is this a known issue with MOS itself or is it possibly coming from this submod? I'd like to keep running the submod if possible but I'm willing to dump it if need be. Already did to see if I can recreate the error in MOS standard, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you guys know anything about this, need more info, or have any tips about dealing with this, please let me know. Thanks
    I have no idea and the message "medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" doesn't give any info at all. Usually the log does not help at all with that message.

The enhanced mod is not made by the MOS team, as you probably know. AFAIK though, it shouldn't be crashing continuously though. Also, that mod has not been worked on for quite a few years, so I doubt something happened at that end.
    Checking if there is a problem in MOS without the enhanced mod is a good idea. Alternatively you could try to start the game at an earlier save than turn 55 and try to play through it from there.

The only recent change to MOS itself is the release of the 'Creatures fix'. Perhaps that interferes somehow with something in the enhanced mod. I would think it is unlikely though, but then again, I really don't know much about the mechanics of said mod.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 09, 2020 at 09:28 AM.

I have no idea and the message "medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" doesn't give any info at all. Usually the log does not help at all with that message.

The enhanced mod is not made by the MOS team, as you probably know. AFAIK though, it shouldn't be crashing continuously though. Also, that mod has not been worked on for quite a few years, so I doubt something happened at that end.
    Checking if there is a problem in MOS without the enhanced mod is a good idea. Alternatively you could try to start the game at an earlier save than turn 55 and try to play through it from there.

The only recent change to MOS itself is the release of the 'Çreatures fix'. Perhaps that interferes somehow with something in the enhanced mod. I would thinks it is unlikely though, but then again, I really don't know much about the mechanics of said mod.
    I'm going to try and run it as is again, with the enhanced submod, and see what happens. If it crashes again I'll run it without enhanced submod and see if the issue persists. I don't know what could be causing this issue at all but it only occurs when loading certain save games (and once in attempting to load a battle with the witch king I think?). I'll post again if the issue persists with both enhanced submod and regular. Thanks!

Update: Game crashed again when fighting Kamul the Easterling at Cair Andros turn 77 or so. Cair Andros seems to be a really glitchy map with people getting stuck in the walls. Similar issues at Henneth Annun. Game wouldn't load up from save due to the same issue from before. Going to try regular MOS now, wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Beznerds View Post
    Update: Game crashed again when fighting Kamul the Easterling at Cair Andros turn 77 or so. Cair Andros seems to be a really glitchy map with people getting stuck in the walls. Similar issues at Henneth Annun. Game wouldn't load up from save due to the same issue from before. Going to try regular MOS now, wish me luck!
    Good luck

Autonomy question

I have play Eriador / Arnor and Lothlorien multiple times already and so far I"'ve had never been offered to grant autonomy to Shire (Eriador / Arnor) or Fangorn (Lothlorien) I've already emptied every settlement in question (nobody there0 and put diplomat in Buckleberry (Shire) or any of the Fanorn settlement for over 3 turns. And yet no offer for autonomy has been triggered. What does its need to be offered with autonomy? Thanks Beforehand

I'm running clean install MOS 1.7 + all the patches on top of Medieval II Total War Gold

Miles

Hi

I just installed TA3.2 + MOS 1.7 and additional bug fixes yet I am not having any cleaner.bat. I have deleted "map.rwm".
    I get the splash screen and it crashes to desktop.

I have Win8 and DVD Gold Edition.

Stainless Steel + BftB works fine.
    Last edited by ThaDoews; December 17, 2020 at 04:21 AM.
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDoews View Post
    Hi

I just installed TA3.2 + MOS 1.7 and additional bug fixes yet I am not having any cleaner.bat. I have deleted "map.rwm".
    I get the splash screen and it crashes to desktop.

I have Win8 and DVD Gold Edition.

Stainless Steel + BftB works fine.
    MOS 1.7 doesn't need a cleaner, that is how I made the original build. Well, that is how I remember it at least, it's been five years ago.

Have you tried the mod bugfix, which you can find in the second post of this thread?