Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    It should still be there.

Remnants of Angmar?
    you are right my bad
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

RealCombat system implemented
    Is it?It could be that I remember version 1.62 but the last time I played the mod it cleary wasn't.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Hi! Well quick question, I play a gondor campaign and in turn 82 aragorn offered his services and i accepted, the message was saying that it is possible to make him a king later on, i am currently on turn 132 , have conquered all of mordors lands with him and i want to ask how can i make him king of Gondor?The AI also reforged Arnor and i have already an alliance with them, so it is possible to make him high king? or at least king of Gondor?

Default Startup

My main problem is when I try to launch the mod through the MOS submod it just launches vanilla M2TW. How can I change that?
    I made my kingdoms.exe folder by copying and pasting the medieval2.exe and renaming it.

Whenever I try to launch it through steam in teutonic it just brings up a loading screen with a spinning ring then crashes... Help?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Gondorian Knight View Post
    Hi! Well quick question, I play a gondor campaign and in turn 82 aragorn offered his services and i accepted, the message was saying that it is possible to make him a king later on, i am currently on turn 132 , have conquered all of mordors lands with him and i want to ask how can i make him king of Gondor?The AI also reforged Arnor and i have already an alliance with them, so it is possible to make him high king? or at least king of Gondor?
    not possible ATM in the far far future it wil hopefully

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    not possible ATM in the far far future it wil hopefully
    Unfortunately we'll have to wait until the Fourth Age for the campaign_script to be updated.

Honestly, though, I accepted the invitation in a campaign long ago, but in my most recent one I declined the offer. I'd rather have Denethor being an all-powerful money-making machine at Minas Tirith with the highest authority level possible. If you accept Aragorn's offer then Denethor acquires a bunch of unfavorable traits that harm his abilities as a leader, governor, and commander. It's simply not worth it. You can have plenty of other generals if you want and, depending on how smart you are, you'll still have Faramir, Boromir, and Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth alive and well by the time you finish the game. All three of them (+ Denethor) have special abilities, so it's not like you don't have enough generals with special abilities on the battlefield.

Well, you can make Aragorn King of Gondor (and Arnor) in the Reunited King submod for MOS 1.6.2, which lets you inherit both realms (including their rosters and generals). As for 1.7, sadly the team decided that the changes in 1.7 weren't significant or interesting enough to bring the band back together so to speak. Otherwise, accept his offer, get him into your family tree with Man of the Hour, and then suicide your generals until he's your leader. That's the only way atm.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Starki113r View Post
    (...)As for 1.7, sadly the team decided that the changes in 1.7 weren't significant or interesting enough to bring the band back together so to speak.
    Hmm, I don't quite understand what you mean or how you would know something like this in the first place. Which I suppose is a bit odd, me being a team member of MOS as well as the Reunited Kingdom mod and all that.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Thanks for the answers guys! I think i read somewhere that you cant make him high king but i thought you could just "king" , but its not that bad. Denethor really losses much power if you accept Aragorns offer, some times it might be more beneficial to just keep Denethor. But for me Aragorn just gives an other lets say "intrigue" on gameplay overall , even if he cannot become king(as he should) , i hope we will see that feature in the.... near future!!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Thanks for the answers guys! I think i read somewhere that you cant make him high king but i thought you could just "king" , but its not that bad. Denethor really losses much power if you accept Aragorns offer, some times it might be more beneficial to just keep Denethor. But for me Aragorn just gives an other lets say "intrigue" on gameplay overall , even if he cannot become king(as he should) , i hope we will see that feature in the.... near future!!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14947745

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

When a general with the lord of "whatever" trait and ancillary dies, should a new general placed in his settlement grain the trait, or at least the ancillary? I'm playing a hotseat with all good factions, and I know that's messing with some of the scripts. I suppose I can console add the ancillaries, I was just wondering. Thanks!

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack1348 View Post
    When a general with the lord of "whatever" trait and ancillary dies, should a new general placed in his settlement grain the trait, or at least the ancillary? I'm playing a hotseat with all good factions, and I know that's messing with some of the scripts. I suppose I can console add the ancillaries, I was just wondering. Thanks!
    Yes, move him into the settlement to get him the trait. This also works for cities you have just taken, if there are ancillaries for them. The only reason this would not work, is if the recently deceased lord has an heir. Then you have to move the heir to the relevant settlement. The heir has a 'lesser' trait, also with the name of the settlement or province in it.
    Example: if Duinhir of Morthond dies, Duilin is the only one that can be the new lord of Morthond and you can do this by placing him in the settlement and waiting a few turns. If Duilin and possible other heirs are also dead, the line has ended and you can put whomever you like in the settlement.

Ok I installed 1.7, enhanced and the dwarf mod. And whenever I select a faction ingame to play it send me back to the previous menu. any suggestions?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Crazything777 View Post
    Ok I installed 1.7, enhanced and the dwarf mod. And whenever I select a faction ingame to play it send me back to the previous menu. any suggestions?
    Run the Cleaner.bat.

Other than that I have no suggestions as you have installed the enhanced submod and there is no way to for me to tell if standard MOS or the enhanced submod is causing your issue.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 04, 2016 at 04:09 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Tried that and no dice
    Guess I'll live with out the enhanced mod :/

I played in enhanced De Bello Mundi (the same autor). It works If you proceed with manual. I think you just have to reinstall and install again (UAC disabled, run as admin itd.)

When I check the barracks for High Elves in the building browser, it says I can't recruit any infantry except light swords until the Army Barracks which is only available in castles, which I have none. Is this intentional or is there some event or something that lets me build additional units? Maybe the barracks event lets me build those units in earlier tier barracks?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

The Barrack Event occurs ca turn 45, and after that higher level barracks, archeries and stables are unlocked to build (in settlements that are large enough), both in cities and in castles, and in them the best units become avilable.
    You can not see these buildings in the building browser before the barrack event, however, because the buildings are not avilable yet.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Good evening.

Playing H\H Lorien campaign atm, around turn 60 and it feels like "evil" factions are getting spanked all over the place.
    Gondor is on rampage, Dwarfs and Dale are spanking Rhun.... This is all with Eastern Shadows enabled.
    "Good" factions are supposed to be this strong? I mean Misty Orcs feel like nothing more then a nuisance, OOG are getting raped on 3 sides by Wood Elves, Dwarfs and Eriador. The only strong-ish faction is Mordor but it barely can hold whatever it has. Should it be played on Very Hard campaign difficulty as default or is this just one of those odd campaigns where "good" factions go full berserk?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Seze View Post
    Good evening.

Playing H\H Lorien campaign atm, around turn 60 and it feels like "evil" factions are getting spanked all over the place.
    Gondor is on rampage, Dwarfs and Dale are spanking Rhun.... This is all with Eastern Shadows enabled.
    "Good" factions are supposed to be this strong? I mean Misty Orcs feel like nothing more then a nuisance, OOG are getting raped on 3 sides by Wood Elves, Dwarfs and Eriador. The only strong-ish faction is Mordor but it barely can hold whatever it has. Should it be played on Very Hard campaign difficulty as default or is this just one of those odd campaigns where "good" factions go full berserk?
    try going whit VH campaign difficulty but due some masp edits in 1.7 is 1.7 easier for good factions 1.62 is the opposite