Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: Unspecific Error

Thank you very much for your reply and for moving my thread. I am lurking here for several years and finally decided to beg for help.
    I am playing 1.5, because further updates would lead to game crashes right after starting the main game (double click on .exe, the game opens - and closes). That's why I tested previous versions. 1.5 is the only version running.
    Funny thing: Everytime I start 1.5 it shows me the error message from Windows Script Host, that the access is denied. Nonetheless the game works fine (still 1.5). I attached the screenshot of the error message (in german).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error message.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	338159

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by the-lidless-eye View Post
    Hello friends,

I have to deal with the popular "unspecific error". I'm playing a campaign (TATW MOS 1.5) for quite a few weeks with no errors (all the time the same campaign!). Since today, no errors occured. But today, when I press the "End turn"-Button it proceeds as usual. When it's the rebel's turn (or maybe the turn is finished and it's about to be my turn..?) the game crashes with the unspecific error.
    I deleted the maps.rwm files, the desr_geography_new files and the strings.bin files. I also changed the daylight savings - nothing happened.

I appreciate every help or hint!
    The sad thing is, I cannot avoid this error like the ones occuring during a specific siege battle etc.

Regards,
    lidless
    Can you post an error log of just after the crash? As Veteraan already said, Stylix is way better at this, but we could give it a shot.
    The log is located here, except if you have installed Medieval II in another location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs

Quote Originally Posted by Deetee View Post
    Hello everyone,

First off, thanks for this great game! Ive been playing it for a while now.

I do have a couple issues, maybe someone can help me with.

When i try to play a Custom Battle it says you need Rohan culture. The problem is you cant pick Rohan culture. So what can i do?

Do the cheats work for this?

Thanks alot
    You should try either 'men' or 'custom' culture. Rohan culture is probably a text error.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2016-April-15th

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Can you post an error log of just after the crash? As Veteraan already said, Stylix is way better at this, but we could give it a shot.
    The log is located here, except if you have installed Medieval II in another location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs
    Hey Greymane,

I honestly could not find the folder you were talking of. Here is a screenshot. Maybe I'm struck by blindness.
    I installed it on another path than you did (obviously), but that's not the problem, is it?

Name:	log-folder.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	338163

Hey Greymane,

I honestly could not find the folder you were talking of. Here is a screenshot. Maybe I'm struck by blindness.
    I installed it on another path than you did (obviously), but that's not the problem, is it?

Name:	log-folder.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	338163
    It might be a problem, as the log should be here
    Is there any trace of MedII in your program files (x86)? Because you do not have a preferences folder here either and that also should be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    It might be a problem, as the log should be here
    Is there any trace of MedII in your program files (x86)? Because you do not have a preferences folder here either and that also should be here.
    No, I'm sorry. I could not find anything. I'll now reinstall Medieval, TATW und MOS und I'll upgrade to the latest patch. As I explained previously, the more recent patches wouldn't work for me. But maybe they will with your help. I'll write again in a few hours when the install is finished

Got it all! It's a totally different path:
    C/Users/Dominik/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Programm Files/Games/Medieval II Total War

There's everything we need, I hope

Which log-File do you need? Here is the whole folder:

Name:	log folder.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	338174

In case you need the system.log here you go:

system.log.txt

Got it all! It's a totally different path:
    C/Users/Dominik/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Programm Files/Games/Medieval II Total War

There's everything we need, I hope

Which log-File do you need? Here is the whole folder:

Name:	log folder.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	338174

In case you need the system.log here you go:

system.log.txt
    This is indeed the log file that I need, but I can't make a lot of sense of it...
    My guess is that an heir to the lord of Lothlorien (the province, not the faction) is born that crashes your game, but the log doesn't say what's wrong.
    Did you let the game crash just before you posted this log?
    Edit: Nevermind, the last sentence indicates that you did:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    11:40:54.405 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_birth_saxon> fired
    11:40:54.405 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <random_AI_birth1> fired
    11:40:54.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Test_Lord_LE_Lothlorien> fired
    11:40:54.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <mentor_vnv_trigger> fired
    11:40:54.406 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <mentor> not added - chance 15, random 65
    11:40:54.406 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <tutor_vnv_trigger> fired
    11:40:54.406 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <tutor> not added - chance 33, random 35
    11:40:54.412 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <family15> fired
    11:40:54.429 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <devastation> fired
    11:40:54.447 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <devastation> fired
    11:40:54.463 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <dads_a_bit_drunk_vnv_trigger> fired
    11:40:54.463 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <dad_likes_girls> fired
    11:40:54.463 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <dads_haemophobic> fired
    11:40:54.463 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <dads_handsome> fired
    11:40:54.463 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <dads_handsome2> fired
    11:40:54.463 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <dads_handsome3> fired
    11:40:54.879 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Can someone tell us why a 'handsome dad' (a trait that exists in MOS 1. at least), causes any kind of a crash?
    Last edited by Greymane; July 02, 2016 at 06:07 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

It's a trait for princesses, so it should not be in use?
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger princess_dad_was_handsome
        WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition FatherTrait Handsome >= 1
              and AgentType = princess

Affects PrettyWoman  1  Chance  50 
        Affects PrettyWoman  1  Chance  25
    The Palantiri use invisbible princesses IIRC, to 'spy across the land', but they're not meant to get traits.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I realize that windows 10 is far from ideal for running mods on a game this old but is there any fixes for windows 10 regarding battle crashes? I installed everything correctly and never got any error messages, used the cleaner, tried every other fix I could find, but I still have crashes when I try to fight a battle (historical custom quick and campaign battles). Of course I could just auto resolve the whole campaign but where's the fun in that?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MRGUMMBEAR View Post
    I realize that windows 10 is far from ideal for running mods on a game this old but is there any fixes for windows 10 regarding battle crashes? I installed everything correctly and never got any error messages, used the cleaner, tried every other fix I could find, but I still have crashes when I try to fight a battle (historical custom quick and campaign battles). Of course I could just auto resolve the whole campaign but where's the fun in that?
    That's not good. If you have tried all fixes and the crashes are not because of Ents, Wolves or Spiders being present in a battle than something is wrong with your install. There are plenty of people (including me) that are playing this mod on Windows 10 with only the (very) occasional battle crash happening.

Only thing I can think of right now that may help is a complete reinstall of at least MOS, if you have a clean and working TATW install to use for that. If you don't, then install TATW, test if it works properly and make a copy of the Third_Age_3 folder for any future mod installs. After you have done that, install MOS. Have a good luck at the install instructions and/or the video in the first post of this thread before you do this.

It could be worthwhile to download MOS again before you install, your current MOS file might be corrupted. Don't do anything else on your computer when downloading, some people have reported that it can cause problems with the install file(s).

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

May have found the problem. Decided to try system log and even though I installed everything seemingly correctly and didn't get any error messages, in the system log it is a mess of missing things. Attached log, please help. After watching Lionheart's Eriador/Arnor campaign and the weak mess that is Arnor infantry in vanilla Third Age I really want to play this mod.system.log.zip

Hey guys, great work on the sub-mod! A few questions though:
    How many quests does Aragon have? What is the last one? I've never played them all the way through because I end up restoring Arnor first because I am impatient.

Also, the OOTM are laughably weak. I know you all are rather limited in options to fix this, but one thing that I could help would be to bi-sect the Misty Mountains in a similar way (the exact same way really) that the mountains around Mordor are from Durthang to Cirith Ungol. This would go a long way towards helping the OOTM reinforce and defend their settlements.

Well, thats all really. Thanks for your work guys!

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Hey guys, I'm currently playing the campaign with Gondor but, even though I have enough population in East Osgiliath, I don't get the option to update it to citadel (there isn't the option even in the building tree). Could it be because the "city centre" is a huge orc encampment even though the settlement as a whole is considered a large city? I tried everything but couldn't find a solution and I'm desperate: I wanted so bad to rebuild Osgiliath!
    ps: I'm playing with the MOS, dunno if it's important.

Is there any way to change the elves armor to gold again? Silver... really??

So as a noob on this forum and hopping back on here only when I have questions or am getting back into the grove of playing M2TW with my mods.... for MOS 1.7 hotseat does everyone faction need to accept/decline the scripts or can Gondor (as the 1st player) do it for everyone?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Himura View Post
    Is there any way to change the elves armor to gold again? Silver... really??
    Well, some people prefer gold, others silver. Can't have them both at the same time. We chose silver to be the default, but if you want to change it to how it was before check the OP. In particular this part:
    Want some more content for MOS 1.7, or make a few changes ?

Quote Originally Posted by JediArogorn View Post
    So as a noob on this forum and hopping back on here only when I have questions or am getting back into the grove of playing M2TW with my mods.... for MOS 1.7 hotseat does everyone faction need to accept/decline the scripts or can Gondor (as the 1st player) do it for everyone?

Thanks!
    No idea, I only use hotseat for testing purposes. Perhaps a "real" Hotseat player can answer this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Well, some people prefer gold, others silver. Can't have them both at the same time. We chose silver to be the default, but if you want to change it to how it was before check the OP. In particular this part:
    Want some more content for MOS 1.7, or make a few changes ?

No idea, I only use hotseat for testing purposes. Perhaps a "real" Hotseat player can answer this though.
    Bless you, kind stranger

Quote Originally Posted by IamThanatos View Post
    Hey guys, I'm currently playing the campaign with Gondor but, even though I have enough population in East Osgiliath, I don't get the option to update it to citadel (there isn't the option even in the building tree). Could it be because the "city centre" is a huge orc encampment even though the settlement as a whole is considered a large city? I tried everything but couldn't find a solution and I'm desperate: I wanted so bad to rebuild Osgiliath!
    Welcome to the forum.

I moved your question to this thread, since you are playing MOS.

No idea why you can't build the Citadel and can't check the files right now. I suspect some helpful person might have a suggestion about what to do about it though.
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 04, 2016 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamThanatos View Post
    If you want to rebuild either Osgiliath or East Osgiliath, you must possess both settlements in order to rebuild them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; April 18, 2020 at 05:29 PM.

Two questions. I just downloaded the mod and installed it (1.70) is there anyway to get Cair Andros back in custom battles and the other Q is in the middle of my custom battle I got an unspecified error. Dont know what was wrong with that.