Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rally Point Challenges: Fear the Risen Dead & Bretonnia Multiplayer Battle.

Default Rally Point Challenges: Fear the Risen Dead & Bretonnia Multiplayer Battle.

Rally Point Challenge: FEAR THE RISEN DEAD

Rally Point Challenge: BRETONNIA MULTIPLAYER CUSTOM BATTLE

​Commentary
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

DarrenTotalWar Commentary

Lionheart Commentary

THFE Productions Commentary

Last edited by Sir_Pee_Alot; April 22, 2016 at 08:58 AM. Reason: New Commentary
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER - Rally Point Challenge: FEAR THE RISEN DEAD (Let's Play)

So... It seems they done away with being able to select your custom battlefield from anywhere on the map, leaving us only a select number of presets.

As far as the video itself... Eh...

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER - Rally Point Challenge: FEAR THE RISEN DEAD (Let's Play)

The one to our left truly looks like the typical dwarf without beard and long hair.

Also all this yey-saying is so ing annoying. I am not from murica so this fake is ing annoying.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

"This is like the MS Paint of military tactics."
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

So... whats the point of this? To show us that the worst unit for the vampire counts, they're literally labeled as expendable, can be beat by a generic general and ranged units, which is the counter for VC?

Imperator Artorius's Avatar Miles

Is it me or do missile trails look increasingly hideous and obnoxious with each new release?

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Artorius View Post
    Is it me or do missile trails look increasingly hideous and obnoxious with each new release?
    it is made solely to give players a visual indicator where the missiles are. it is not to look good. it is 100% about functionality. and ca has included an option in attila to turn it off for players who wants that. hope they kept that for warhammer.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm glad to see a little bit of Arena's map design here.

Particle trails are still terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Craziii
    it is made solely to give players a visual indicator where the missiles are. it is not to look good. it is 100% about functionality.
    CA could retain exactly the same functionality with a well designed visual effect that made musket projectiles actually look like musket projectiles. Making the trail as long as the entire trajectory, wide as a trunk and bright as the 4th of July is not the best solution for that. If you add to this the arching trayectory and the common overhead shots, they look more like archers than like gunpowder units (and the weak sound effects don't help a lot either, but CA has always been weak in that department).

Any of the particle trails used in Napoleon TW (from muskets to ship cannonballs) would already be much better, in my opinion. Subtler, shorter and they look like your soldiers are shooting tiny round projectiles and not mystic arrows of cosmic wrath. And I never had a problem knowing what my soldiers were shooting at in that game.

For example (note that these are low resolution gifs, particles are a lot more noticeable in-game. And the last one is from Shogun, but whatever):

Last edited by HigoChumbo; April 14, 2016 at 06:27 AM.

The whole unit can fire regardless of formation depth...

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by badbomb View Post
    So... whats the point of this? To show us that the worst unit for the vampire counts, they're literally labeled as expendable, can be beat by a generic general and ranged units, which is the counter for VC?
    Probably to show us what the game will actually be like since this is the type of game most people play in custom games for the lols. Like the classic medieval 2 game of elephant artillery vs stupid amounts of peasants.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

I think they said theres a option to lessen or completely remove the trails in one of the videos/streams and they said they have it on full to show whats being shot at.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Since Empire Total war you can just turn them of in game options. That being said, current trails are horrible, but I do not care that much since I will just turn them off. Although I understand those that prefer them and those huge trails might be a bad thing for them.

As for the video, I would have probably tried something similar too, just for fun.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by badbomb View Post
    I think the point of this video was to have fun and dick around.

Also, I am very happy to see some interesting map features in this game for a change. As opposed to Rome 2 and Atilla(Possibly Shogun 2, never played that to my regret though sadly) with their uninteresting terrain that ultimately is just a question of whether you attack/fire downhill or uphill, the Tower hill on the left actually looks like a potentially defensible position where you can form a nice little killzone, actually using the map to your advantage. This is why I prefer hand crafted maps like Napoleons multiplayer as opposed to the "Pick from maps around the world! Of course they are all just elvation differences but SO MANY!!!!!" of the recent titles. Hope to see this on random campaign as well.(They have already mentioned that at least the golden spire or whatever it was called from the Empire v Chaos vid was available on the map so I would assume the other preset maps are too at least,but I would hope random maps feature, you know, features, aswell).

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post

Any of the particle trails used in Napoleon TW (from muskets to ship cannonballs) would already be much better, in my opinion. Subtler, shorter and they look like your soldiers are shooting tiny round projectiles and not mystic arrows of cosmic wrath.
    They seem quite thick, very long and quite slow (you could probably dodge it) in the new vid. After the Azhag battle they said they would tone them down but it doesn't look like they have, certainly not noticeably.

And I never had a problem knowing what my soldiers were shooting at in that game.
    Me neither. Didn't need them in Med 2, don't need them here. Guess I'd just turn them off.
    Last edited by Markas; April 14, 2016 at 08:54 AM.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

In med 2 the arrows were coloured, in every other release since they have been black. But yeah in med 2 its easy to see where your archers are firing just by watching the arrows.

Missile trails in this are hideous and I cant believe the devs think this is k. At least the shogun 2 FotS the missile trails were fairly good looking, fast and intense (Aka real tracers if an of you have tried those) In this it looks more like the aftermatch of some sort of plane in the sky.

Also CA have totally been watching Maximus. ^^

Last edited by HigoChumbo; April 15, 2016 at 03:08 AM. Reason: fixed the link for you =)

It boggles the mind how they can get something so right and then go... hmmm nah.... we need to throw that out and go full retard. Napoleon and Empire did it right. Why not try and improve on it? Why waste resources reinventing the wheel by making it Square?

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

The trajectory of bullets and arrows are too slow in this game. I know this is a fantasy genre but make the bullet/arrows trajectory a bit realistic atleast.

They already perfected these mechanics before. I don't understand why they cant just replicate the formula.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well the game isnt done yet, so maybe you guys fret for something that has not been polished yet.

Alot of doom and gloom, was rtw2 really that bad? (i havent played it)

Yeah i must agree on those trails they are ugly and should be toned down atleast...Yes you can turn it off but damn those trails are just too mutch!.

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    Well the game isnt done yet, so maybe you guys fret for something that has not been polished yet.

Alot of doom and gloom, was rtw2 really that bad? (i havent played it)
    When a game is near release then graphics and effects are done and what is shown will be in the final version "they are only trying to balance the game now and fix small bugs" everything else is done and done.

And YES RTW II was really bad on release.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast