Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release: "HaHawk's Native Voices Mod" Ver. 1.0

Default Re: Release: "HaHawk's Native Voices Mod" Ver. 1.0

Amazing, thank you very much! Always wanted a mod like this.

I would like to report a bug though, first time I saw this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	342288

I am guessing some things are missing?

Quote Originally Posted by igor kool View Post
    Amazing, thank you very much! Always wanted a mod like this.

I would like to report a bug though, first time I saw this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	342288

I am guessing some things are missing?
    Out of curiosity, did you install the mod using the torrent file, or the Google Drive direct download? It looks like something went awry with your installation.

Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you install the mod using the torrent file, or the Google Drive direct download? It looks like something went awry with your installation.

Google_drive
    I would have used the torrent but there were no seeds, it didn't go for me.

I tried reinstalling M2TW, same thing. Then I tried to install this mod into Custom campaign 2 mod folder, and everything works with no problem. Don't know how the mod reacts to kingdoms units, but hey it works better than in vanilla.

I got all the files listed here in thread in both directories.

Also on totally unrelated note, from Steam, Polish and Hungarian version seem to have localized VO. Is it possible to give them their voices or are they tied to eastern europe accent when has Russian?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Does this work with other mods?

I tried to install this mod into Custom campaign 2 mod folder, and everything works with no problem. Don't know how the mod reacts to kingdoms units, but hey it works better than in vanilla.
    I'm glad to hear you found a solution to your issue. Are you playing on the CD version of Kingdoms, by chance?

Also on totally unrelated note, from Steam, Polish and Hungarian version seem to have localized VO. Is it possible to give them their voices or are they tied to eastern europe accent when has Russian?
    Unfortunately, the Polish and Hungarian localized versions only include in-game text and not voice audio.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Does this work with other mods?
    It would be compatible with other M2TW mods that have the same vanilla factions. However, new units and/or factions would have to be integrated separately. For example, I am planning to eventually release this as a submod for Stainless Steel, owing to the popularity of SS compared to the vanilla game.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Is this mod still active?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    Is this mod still active?
    Yes, the mod is completed and fully compatible with the base game of M2TW and Kingdoms. However, it has not been released as an official submod for any other mods yet (like Stainless Steel), although I hope to do that some day if nobody else steps up to the plate. Also, I'm pretty sure the torrent link does not work because I don't know how to seed files. If the GoogleDrive link doesn't work, let me know and I'll re-upload the installation files.

Good to hear, mate! By the way, is there any way to give the vanilla English voices to factions that don't have their correct native voices (Norway, Denmark, Byzantines)?

Hello! Spanish faction speaks Italian

Now if only if I could get the courage to download bellum crucis....

Hey HaHawk, great mod, with an exception, I had the Spanish version, and I wanted to correct all the languages but not the Spanish factions, Now My spanish people speak Italian....

I did backup the original sound files but I don't want everyone to speak "accented" spanish, (yes it's way worse than the accented english...) Is there a way to give the spanish factions their original language back?

PS: I'm playing Stainless steel and the Spanish, the Aragonese and the Portuguese Speak Italian (the portuguese of that time spoke something resembling ancient castilian, so Spanish should be ok For them too.)
    Last edited by Frunk; November 14, 2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

I Have the Spanish spoken files if you need them.

No?

HaHawk hasn't been online for almost two months now, but hopefully he sees your post and adds in the Spanish voices.

It's weird, on my steam M2 Kingdoms installation (wirh EBII mod) I don't have the following files in this location:
    -> LOCATION: "...\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\data"
    battle_event_subtitles_lookup.txt
    descr_sounds_accents.txt
    descr_sounds_units_confirm.txt
    diplomacy.txt
    diplomacy_speech.txt
    export_descr_sounds_prebattle.txt
    export_descr_sounds_soldier_voice.txt
    export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt
    export_descr_sounds_units_battle_events.txt
    export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt
    prebattle_speeches_subtitles_lookup.txt

All I have is these folders:
    Animations
    Cursor
    fmv
    sounds
    world

??
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Very nice work! You have had a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberius_Magnus View Post
    I'm playing Stainless steel and the Spanish, the Aragonese and the Portuguese Speak Italian (the portuguese of that time spoke something resembling ancient castilian, so Spanish should be ok For them too.)
    Hey man, thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like the mod. Unfortunately, it's only designed for vanilla, so it will need to be re-worked into a submod for other mods, like Stainless Steel, in order to work properly. I would like to do this some day but who knows when that'll be (it will require some time and playtesting).

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaStark View Post
    Hello! Spanish faction speaks Italian
    Hey, this is likely due to a conflict with some other mod you are using, as Native Voices was designed for the original game and would need to be modified to be compatible with other game-changing overhauls with new factions, units, etc. (See above)

Good to hear, mate! By the way, is there any way to give the vanilla English voices to factions that don't have their correct native voices (Norway, Denmark, Byzantines)?
    Yes, but you would have to do it manually by editing the text files (included in the download).

HaHawk hasn't been online for almost two months now, but hopefully he sees your post and adds in the Spanish voices.
    Ha, yeah, I don't browse here as frequently as I used to! Life just gets in the way. I'm curious what you meant about the Spanish voices, though? They are included in the mod (but not showcased in the video preview, because I didn't add Spanish until after I uploaded the video).

Cheers,

Nice to see you back, HaHawk! I'm not the best at editing stuff, so I'm just wondering, which part do I edit to get back the original voices for factions that don't have their own language?

Hi HaHawk! thanks for reply.

The problem with Spain faction (speaks italian), still going wrong without any mod, i tested this mod for first time in vanilla

Nice to see you back, HaHawk! I'm not the best at editing stuff, so I'm just wondering, which part do I edit to get back the original voices for factions that don't have their own language?
    Thanks man. I'm afraid it will not be easy to edit individual factions, because the way Medieval 2 works, factions share voice audio (hence Danes speaking German). However, it can certainly be done if you really want to. Basically, you will have to first extract the vanilla audio files (voice), and then use a batch file rename program to rename all of the "German" voice files to something else which is unique, like "German_Accent". Then in the appropriate text files (the ones which are included in the zip file for this Native Voices mod), you will have to find/replace the appropriate files (which currently point to "German", as per the example here). Then, lastly, you will have to add the new accent to the "descr_sounds_accents.txt" file (e.g., "German_Accent") and specify the faction you want (Denmark in this example). And naturally, remove Denmark from the other accent category.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaStark View Post
    The problem with Spain faction (speaks italian), still going wrong without any mod, i tested this mod for first time in vanilla
    Hey, I just re-downloaded the zip file and installed per the directions to double-check, and Spain certainly speaks Spanish. So I'm at a loss for what's happening on your end. Have you tried re-installing Native Voices? Maybe something happened when you extracted the first time? Good luck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast