Thread: No big wall, is it normal?

Default No big wall, is it normal?

No big wall in Medieval 1212. Is it normal?

In campagn map I have (tier 4, city have big wall)... but, in fact, no big wall in battle map, and small city.

The siege towers are big... So... They do not fit with small walls.

Thanks in advance for response

Default Re: No big wall, is it normal?

Hello

Can someone just tell me if it's a general problem or in my computer only?

Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by onefineday2003 View Post
    Hello

Can someone just tell me if it's a general problem or in my computer only?

Thank's
    it's the same for me, i think it's a problem with the mod itself

Quote Originally Posted by mastro.92 View Post
    it's the same for me, i think it's a problem with the mod itself
    Thank you!

I see some of you has correctly concluded that the problem is the battlemap rather than the towers themselves. If you look closer, this problem only happens if you siege settlements that are Minor settlements in vanilla Attila.

In normal Attila, there are 3 tier of siege maps: small (Palisade), minor(8m wall), and major (15m wall, with exception of Barbarian settlements). Minor settlements starts with small siege map, upgradable to minor siege map. Major Province Capitals starts with minor siege map and upgradeable to major. Also, in normal Attila, the settlement building for Major and Minor Settlement are of diffferent building tree. This building tree effects dictates the text shown in-game and the the Siege Tower height of the army besieging it. However, building effects does not control the type of the siege map.

Now MK1212 uplift all minor settlement into provincial capitals in 1-region Province system. This mean in-campaign the former minor settlements now have 6 building slots. We also replaces all small siege map with minor siege map. However, because we uplift all minor settlement into Provincial Capitals, the differentiation between Major and Minor settlement building tree is gone, yet the siege map assignment persists. The campaign settlements are no longer differentiated, yet the game still links the minor settlement siege maps into the former minor settlements.

So yeah, we need to take measures so the game now links the major siege maps into all settlements - something we think is possible, but not yet managed to do.

Very clear now! Thank you!!