Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer I & II & III Computer & Hardware Recommendations

Default Re: Hardware Queries & Advice

Thanks for taking the time to respond Gicusan. I have read carefully what every body says, after all there is no point in throwing money away for the sake of it, anyway greed and lust should be tempered with compromise and common sense, and I have a beautiful motorcycle which may well try and be a money pit one day

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (gaming) laptop. Just curious if it could run medium or higher settings?It is equipped with:
    6th Generation Intel Core i5-6300HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)
    8GB, 1600MHz, DDR3L
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
    256GB Solid State Drive
    15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StephanVos View Post
    I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (gaming) laptop. Just curious if it could run medium or higher settings?It is equipped with:
    6th Generation Intel Core i5-6300HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)
    8GB, 1600MHz, DDR3L
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
    256GB Solid State Drive
    15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080)
    Thanks!
    I typed in your GPU for a review and included Attila in the search, this being a similar game to Warhammer as their based on the same game.
    Look at the results of a PC similar to yours, your card being a 4GB: http://www.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/de...x-960m/#attila

Looking at the 1st page of this thread you do seem to be at recommended hardware for high: PC Recommended Specifications:

[Expected around 45-55 FPS on campaign map and in a 1v1, 20 units vs 20 units battle, default graphics preset set to “High”]

Operating System: Windows 7/8.1/10 64Bit
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4570 3.20GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Hard Drive: 35 GB
    Video Card: (DirectX 11) AMD Radeon R9 270X 2048MB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048MB @1080P

It also depends on the accuracy of what the developers tell us, although hopefully it being based on Attila they should be close?
    So I would take a guess that you will be mainly high settings. Depends on what FPS you can live with. Some would say total wargames don't need high FPS, but that may well be subjective. If I was you I would go into custom battles and play with the settings, choose what is the most important to you, I like high detail on troops and huge unit sizes as a priority, you could do some experiments. I typically ignore those pesky warnings that come up saying you are exceeding your machines limits, I can judge for myself!

Nice rig you have, good luck with the game.
    Last edited by Frost, colonel; May 16, 2016 at 05:59 PM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Just a general computer question, since I've got like 0 knowledge.
    I've got a GTX 970 atm. If I got a GTX 1080 or 1070 as well, would I still be able to keep the 970 in the same machine and have both graphics cards running at the same time, or it be redundant?

simplemind07's Avatar Tiro

intel i5 2500k 3.2 ghz (need to oc it)
    gtx 770
    12 gig ram
    win 7 64 bit
    Im playing attila between ultra/high mix on 1080 rez, so im guess its gonna be similar? Or maybe less setting.
    Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only YOU can feel the warmth.
    WE have no limit. Saying so is just a pathetic excuse of giving up!

Hi all,

Any idea what setting I might be able to run the game on?

Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ @ 2.4GHz
    16GB Ram
    Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 765M

I am a bit worried about the Graphics card, but I am not the best with understanding system requirements! Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by simplemind07 View Post
    intel i5 2500k 3.2 ghz (need to oc it)
    gtx 770
    12 gig ram
    win 7 64 bit
    Im playing attila between ultra/high mix on 1080 rez, so im guess its gonna be similar? Or maybe less setting.
    Similar probably- maybe a tiny bit lower or more likely same settings just with a bit lower fps. I have a gtx 770 as well and will be using that at least until holidays when I might look at new gen cards- the thing is I'm happy with High settings I think and in 2017 the more advanced 16fm cards will be out with hbm2 memory so... there is always that obsolete/waiting game in tech but if I can play on High now the only reason I might upgrade this year is if I get a new monitor which I am very tempted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPrince View Post
    Hi all,
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPrince View Post
    Any idea what setting I might be able to run the game on?
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ @ 2.4GHz
    16GB Ram
    Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 765M
    I am a bit worried about the Graphics card, but I am not the best with understanding system requirements! Thanks in advance

That isn't terrible- the game will definitely run probably mostly on Medium but you might have to set a few things to Low to get high fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    That isn't terrible- the game will definitely run probably mostly on Medium but you might have to set a few things to Low to get high fps.
    Thank you! Glad I don't have to upgrade - as a poor student who will easily settle for medium settings!

Hey guys,
    My specs are:
    i5 3570k
    16gb 2400mhz ddr3
    Geforce 980 GTX
    SSD Drive

Atilla runs pretty well obviously but still not as good as i like so i was seeing if there was anything i could upgrade to boost performance.
    The trouble is I will have to pay so much for the next part up, for example get a i7 cpu, but the performance:cost ratio is just not worth it.
    Very annoying but I dont want to waste money for the sake of it. Any suggestions?

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VxBoredxV View Post
    I've got a GTX 970 atm. If I got a GTX 1080 or 1070 as well, would I still be able to keep the 970 in the same machine and have both graphics cards running at the same time, or it be redundant?
    No, you need two of the same model for sli to work (they can be from different manufacturers though).

If it's just for Warhammer, unless you are playing at huge resolutions, a 970 should be perfectly fine. Another option for you if you want to keep your 970 is to wait a bit until the prices drop (and they will after the release of the 1000 series) and get a second one for sli. I personally am not a fan of multiple gpus though. But again, with a 970 you should be covered for now, I'd personally wait a bit to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by bmanwho View Post
    Hey guys,
    My specs are:
    i5 3570k
    16gb 2400mhz ddr3
    Geforce 980 GTX
    SSD Drive

Atilla runs pretty well obviously but still not as good as i like so i was seeing if there was anything i could upgrade to boost performance.
    The trouble is I will have to pay so much for the next part up, for example get a i7 cpu, but the performance:cost ratio is just not worth it.
    Very annoying but I dont want to waste money for the sake of it. Any suggestions?
    Depends on your resolution, at 1080p that rig should be really good. Have you considered to overclock your CPU instead of buying new hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    No, you need two of the same model for sli to work (they can be from different manufacturers though).

If it's just for Warhammer, unless you are playing at huge resolutions, a 970 should be perfectly fine. Another option for you if you want to keep your 970 is to wait a bit until the prices drop (and they will after the release of the 1000 series) and get a second one for sli. I personally am not a fan of multiple gpus though. But again, with a 970 you should be covered for now, I'd personally wait a bit to step up.

Depends on your resolution, at 1080p that rig should be really good. Have you considered to overclock your CPU instead of buying new hardware?
    Rem you can use the 970 as a physx card but this is kinda pointless. So yeah in this case selling the 970 would be the better option. And as you say unless you are increasing your resolution the jump from say a 970 to a 1070 is probably not worth it. Perhaps a 1080 but we dont know yet the performance gains.

I always wait at least two gens before upgrading perhaps even three...

And yep am the same as you re multi gpus. Especially so and Total wars. Always was a headache if my memory serves me right.

p.s and yeah ocing the cpu could give you a nice 10 or so fps boost. (but you will need a decent aftermarket fan and could mean a rebuild).
    Last edited by Totalheadache; May 17, 2016 at 08:33 AM.

quick question:
    replace gtx 980ti by gtx 1080
    or
    get a second 980ti
    or
    wait for 1080ti or even next gen of GPUs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freud View Post
    quick question:
    or
    get a second 980ti
    or
    Wait for 1080ti. Benchmarks tell that there is 20% jump in performance, but spending 700$ to get 20% is not optimal, IMHO.

Citizen

Blog Entries

quick question:
    or
    get a second 980ti
    or
    If it's just for Warhammer and you are not playing at 4k, then I'd say just stick to your (monster of a) 980ti and wait a bit. I don't think the expense of getting a 1080 is worth at all for you right now.

980Ti or 1080 depends almost entirely on what resolution you are gaming at. Less than 4k and I wouldn't worry about it that much. At 1080P completely unreasonable to upgrade and even for 2k while there might be some gains I'm not sure its worth it for just 1 generation upgrade especially when hbm2 memory comes standard in 2017 the 20-30% gains this gen will look more like 10-15%

Yeah think there should be a bold statement saying if current gen and not upgrading your monitor do no upgrade yet. At least we have to see the figures involved.

And work on your cpu if anything i.e upgrade or overclock it.

p.s havent checked in a while yet but are 4k screens actually worth it atm? Arent you still better getting off something like a qnix from Korea (will set you back $200 rather than $1000)?

Was going to upgrade my current screen but then got into a new hobby.

Im playing at 2560-1440 resolution.
    Decided to stick with 980ti for now. If its not enough for at least 50 fps at that resolution then probably the best solution is to get second 980ti?
    One reason why I thought about swithcing to 1080 gtx is I read that Pascal has better async compute performance and that CA and AMD working on it to be implimented for TWW.
    I wish CA spoke more about dx12 implemintation. Only AMD mentioned dx12 for TWW but CA is still silent about it... maybe they decided to stick with dx11 only?

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

Good evening gentlemen.

I have been thinking about building a new computer for TW:W but have decided to see how it runs on my current setup since I am sure it will be released in a non-optimized state like their past few releases.
    My specs are:
    Intel I5-4430 CPU @3.00Ghz 3.00Ghz
    Ram:12Gb DDR3 Dual Channel
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series 2048 MB DDR3 (I have a friend that has a newer/better card that he is not currently using)
    HD: 1.79 TB

I can run Rome 2 pretty good and Attila alright as well. I normally turn off grass and shadow effects for extra performance and play at a 1920 by 1080.

I think I will see how it runs on my current rig and assume it will require a few patches for optimization. I remember Rome 2 almost took a year to be properly optimized.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VaeVictis
    I can run Rome 2 pretty good and Attila alright as well. I normally turn off grass and shadow effects for extra performance and play at a 1920 by 1080.
    If Warhammer does not run similarly to Rome 2 and Attila, then poor optimization, and not hardware, should probably be the one to be blamed.

That said, it's not a bad time to upgrade, but given that you have a decent PC and seem not to be in a hurry, I'd say just wait a few months, let Nvidia reviews and new drivers kick in and prices to go down, and see what AMD has in store for their next gen.

Decided to stick with 980ti for now. If its not enough for at least 50 fps at that resolution then probably the best solution is to get second 980ti?
    If you find one really discounted or used, then it could be a decent option. Otherwise, I'd say just wait.

In TW the whole 50-60 fps target is definitely not as important or noticeable as in fast paced games.

Only AMD mentioned dx12 for TWW but CA is still silent about it... maybe they decided to stick with dx11 only?
    DX12 is confirmed to be in as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it's just not so impactful in TW:WH for CA to gloat about it.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; May 19, 2016 at 03:54 AM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I found some graphics information, dunno how new/helpful it is.
    Apparently DX12 support won't come until after the launch, and they've tried making the CPU usage of Warhammer less intensive. So optimization of some kind.

Apparently changing from 32 bit to 64 bit will ensure shorter turn times, hip hip hooray if true.
    http://wccftech.com/total-war-warham...-optimisation/
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Optimisation_Blog

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast