Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer I & II & III Computer & Hardware Recommendations

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hardware Queries & Advice

Reviewers are claiming that TW:WH actually runs better than both Rome 2 and Attila, so if you already have a system capable of dealing with those with no issues, then you might want to put hardware upgrades on hold, if just for Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Reviewers are claiming that TW:WH actually runs better than both Rome 2 and Attila, so if you already have a system capable of dealing with those with no issues, then you might want to put hardware upgrades on hold, if just for Warhammer.
    Interesting stuff! Maybe it's because there arent any physical collisions any more between units (not talking about monsters as these do seem to be done right, it's the rank n file).

I cant say for sure until I see it in the flesh and yeah am pre-ordering. Am weak, and a sinner! Jajajaja.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Much smaller scale of battles also might have something to do about it. Although so far I think (and I am not sure), I saw only one review to claim better performance and all of those posts on TWC about it are simply based on it and passed by others. Like I said, might be wrong, but I get this feeling ; P
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Im not very technically knowledgeable and am seeking advice on how this game will run on this system:

Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0ghz
    HD 4890 2 GB ddr5
    4 gb ram

This system runs Attila and Rome 2 on medium/high setting fairly well.

Thanks much for and advice feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by kilos19 View Post
    Im not very technically knowledgeable and am seeking advice on how this game will run on this system:

Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0ghz
    HD 4890 2 GB ddr5
    4 gb ram

This system runs Attila and Rome 2 on medium/high setting fairly well.

Thanks much for and advice feedback.
    I don't think we have much to go on, other than one report stating it runs smoother than Attila, and CA claiming better optimisation so at the moment you should be roughly where you are now, ie medium/high.

I guess Im more worried about the DX 11 or higher requirment as the 4890 is a DX 10.2 GPU. Im confused because the min spec requirements state a 5770 and DX 11 as minimum. Would like to get game but want to make sure i can run it even at low settings

I guess Im more worried about the DX 11 or higher requirment as the 4890 is a DX 10.2 GPU. Im confused because the min spec requirements state a 5770 and DX 11 as minimum. Would like to get game but want to make sure i can run it even at low settings
    My understanding of this is that there may be some graphical settings you can't have, but if anyone here knows more please correct me. It would seem odd that a 2 GB ddr 5 card cannot play the game.
    Last edited by Frost, colonel; May 20, 2016 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost, colonel View Post
    My understanding of this is that there may be some graphical settings you can't have, but if anyone here knows more please correct me.
    I appreciate you taking the time to try and help. Thanks much.

I appreciate you taking the time to try and help. Thanks much.
    There are some knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum, please be patient for a more informed answer.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

ive been able to run rome II at around 50fps pretty decently with everything set to the highest settings at 1080p, if it put it at 1440p it drops to around 35fps, with atilla i had to turn down shadows to quality and anti aliasing off to get it to run at around 40fps at 1080p and at 1440p its comes wayyy down to 24-25fps

My specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 64Bit
    Processor: Intel quad core I5 3570K @3.80 GHZ
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X 3GB DDR5

How well do you think i'll fare ?
    Last edited by kamikazee786; May 21, 2016 at 12:55 PM.
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Has anyone been able to run the game with an HD 4890 GPU and or does anyone know if it will run the game?

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Has anyone been able to run the game with an HD 4890 GPU and or does anyone know if it will run the game?
    Minimum requirements specifies DX11 compliant video cards. Your AMD HD4890 supports up to DX10.1, so I doubt it will run.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    Minimum requirements specifies DX11 compliant video cards. Your AMD HD4890 supports up to DX10.1, so I doubt it will run.
    I've always wondered how justified are those limitations. I find it a bit absurd that I can play the gorgeous-looking and apparently more technologically advanced Overwatch on a 10.1 gpu with no issues but I can't play games that have barely evolved graphically/technologically in the past few years, specially given that those older yet extremely similar titles were playable.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    I've always wondered how justified are those limitations. I find it a bit absurd that I can play the gorgeous-looking and apparently more technologically advanced Overwatch on a 10.1 gpu with no issues but I can't play games that have barely evolved graphically/technologically in the past few years, specially given that those older yet extremely similar titles were playable.
    I'm not sure how difficult it would be to port the game to DX10, but often we forget about the QA and testing that's inherent in every added feature. Granted they're going for DX11 and DX12, I don't think anyone can really complain that they didn't program for a 3rd API.

Default Warhammer Hardware Question

I have the following:

i7-3770 CPO 3.40GHZ Processor

8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7000 series graphics card

How well will this game run on my PC?

Napoleon and Shogun 2 total war runs fine.

TIA.

Default Re: Warhammer Hardware Question

Total war warhammer runs really really well. Everyone I have seen say there are no crashes, and only some minor graphical bugs.

The most taxing thing on the computer is the number of men. You can probably play on high/max settings if you play with "normal" sized units.

If you wanna play max sized units, then medium/high will be what you want to get max FPS.

Your computer sounds pretty good, you should have no problem

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I have to say, this game runs extremley well even on my potato consisting of an i5 650, a gtx 460 767 mb and 8 gigs of ddr3 ram, so everyone should be able to play it!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

billydilly's Avatar Senator

The game runs great on my i5-4690, GTX 970, 8 Gb DDR3. I can put everything on Ultra.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Is there any word on the DX12 patch? All I was able to find was that it's to be added "soon" after launch.

Default Re: Warhammer Hardware Question

Quote Originally Posted by gessig View Post
    I have the following:

i7-3770 CPO 3.40GHZ Processor

8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7000 series graphics card

How well will this game run on my PC?

Napoleon and Shogun 2 total war runs fine.

TIA.
    Need to know what graphics card model you have. AMD's HD 7000 series is DX11 compliant, so you can most likely run it at the minimum settings, at least, if you're on the bottom end (e.g. HD 7730) or you could run it at high settings if you're on the top end (e.g. HD 7970 GHz). Simply providing us with "HD 7000 series" isn't specific enough.

I hate to use a car analogy, but it's like asking how fast a stock 2014 Ford Mustang can go from 0-60mph without telling us if you're packing a V6 or V8 engine.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; May 26, 2016 at 10:11 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast