Thread: DLC reminder: Mare Nostrum

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Default DLC reminder: Mare Nostrum

Just in case people like me are looking for a release, Mare Nostrum launches on steam today at 15:00 CEST
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: DLC reminder: Mare Nostrum

€15 for an 55mb update?

sounds a lot like a ripoff

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

No thanks. Never going to buy paradox DLC ever again. They've managed in the space of but one year to move from being my favorite company to being in the select company of EA, Ubisoft and Sega and my huge dicks and crooks list.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Other dlc is also on sale. Art of war is -66% off.

I mean, thats a huge discount. It has only been out for 18 months, 75-80% would have been to generous.

I really wish I had gotten this game for "free", and that the keysites were actually having a decent price (no way im buying this on steam or their store). This dlc policy is a travesty. The steam rating gives it currently a 67%. Thats a big step down from the base game's rating.

And yeah stellaris is gonna be a dlc fest

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    No thanks. Never going to buy paradox DLC ever again. They've managed in the space of but one year to move from being my favorite company to being in the select company of EA, Ubisoft and Sega and my huge dicks and crooks list.
    CA and Paradox have really degenerated. Its a blessing that people can still mod the older games.

Foederatus

I wouldn't say it's that bad. They put a lot of time into their development stuff, and really do listen to the community. I wouldn't buy stuff on release, but they have very good sales for a reason, and most of the dlc is really great. I mean, CK2 is still being developed and updated how long after release? Every DLC comes with a bunch of free stuff as well.

Having just got this in a recent sale I will say it's much better content wise for what you actually get when it's discounted. In my case 53% but much better when at 66% as I think that's it's true value for the consumer. Having said that it's important to say it's not a bad dlc but it's certainly not a dlc for everybody.
    My own main concern was about how the ai used the Condotteri mechanic but it doesn't over use it.

As Boomshire says don't get dlc at release and certainly don't think you have to automatically buy everything.