Thread: Any plans on modding Warhammer into a Rome or Medieval ?

Default Any plans on modding Warhammer into a Rome or Medieval ?

I ask this because Rome 2 and Attila both perform badly for most people (yes even those with high end PC's like myself)
    So now that I see Warhammer will be upgrading their out of date Warscape engine to 64-bit (even though I'm still not convinced it will fix the engine's performance problems)
    I am still left wondering if modders will get around to maybe finally giving us a proper Rome 2 with Barbarian Invasion (aka Atilla) or even a Medieval game...

And yes I'm aware of the logistics of the undertaking, but given the fact that CA/Sega's mission now is to milk money instead of giving us a polished proper product the likes of the original Rome and Medieval 2 and Shogun 2.... it has to be up to the huge modding community to pull it off

Default Re: Any plans on modding Warhammer into a Rome or Medieval ?

Well Rome 2 didn't perform badly for me... mostly because it didn't even work for me (despite being confident looking at the recommended specs). I very rarely in my twenty plus years of PC gaming have had a game perform so badly that I didn't want to play it. Anyway, hopefully the switch to 64-bit will let us utilize more RAM and improve performance across the board.

Also, If Med 2 was a 'polished proper product' I'm the King of the Mole People. Only Shogun 2 really fits that description.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Well, eidting map was not possible for previous titiles besides Shogun 2 and only becase CA gave us official tools for it. Since Warhammer will have no mod support at all, there will be even less chances to get map tools from them.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Besides they will do another fragments of WH world at other 2 Wh:TW releases.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Historical Team – Unannoaunced Total War Title
    Game Director - Janos Gaspar
    This team most recently released Total War: ATTILA in February 2015, which went on to become our best-selling ever follow-up title. Since that game was finalised for manufacture at the end of 2014, they’ve primarily been in the early pre-production stages of our next historically-based major release. That involves planning, scheduling and researching the period, art styles and technology we want to put into the game. They’ve recently started prototyping some feature ideas and that will be the next stage of development that will keep them busy for now. It will be some time before we reveal this title. It will be huge, it will be historic. It will not be soon. It is not worth asking any more questions about it
    They're working on a historical title. However modding warhammer, essentially removing all the fantasy, likely will never happen. You got Attila with a fantastic Med 3 mod being made (mod page). Which is the closest we'll get to a new Historical TW for a while.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lets be real, CA is not going to do it better.

Or you could just play Brettonia, probably the least fantastical race in WH.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Historical Team – Unannoaunced Total War Title
    Game Director - Janos Gaspar
    This team most recently released Total War: ATTILA in February 2015, which went on to become our best-selling ever follow-up title. Since that game was finalised for manufacture at the end of 2014, they’ve primarily been in the early pre-production stages of our next historically-based major release. That involves planning, scheduling and researching the period, art styles and technology we want to put into the game. They’ve recently started prototyping some feature ideas and that will be the next stage of development that will keep them busy for now. It will be some time before we reveal this title. It will be huge, it will be historic. It will not be soon. It is not worth asking any more questions about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    They're working on a historical title. However modding warhammer, essentially removing all the fantasy, likely will never happen. You got Attila with a fantastic Med 3 mod being made (mod page). Which is the closest we'll get to a new Historical TW for a while.
    Wow nice find. looks like the historical team is going all out for historical games this time. I just hope they wouldn't go further up the victorian era though.

We'll see.

I am assuming you already know about Rage of the Dark Gods and Call of Warhammer? I mean by your question you seem to imply no one has made those mods into MTW2? I doubt anyone will go to all that work for Rome 1 or Rome 2 with official CA game around the corner but for the older titles MTW2 is the most moddable and has the best collection of mods overall (Rome has some great ones but not as many).