Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Download -Hellenika- version 1.2

Default Re: Download -Hellenika- version 1.2

Ευχαριστούμε για τον ενθουσιασμό σου φίλε. Καλή επιτυχία στην campaIgn σου. Για όποιο πρόβλημα η ακόμη και strategy tips είμαστε στη διάθεσή σου

Hi, I now is too late, but i wanna now if you think make a version for grand campaign? im talk to phalanx formation thanks.

Hi friend. It is not entirely too late. I mean I could make a sub mod for grand campaign sometime later cause currently my hands are full. The problem is that when the grand campaign takes place hoplites were not only too few but also hoplitic way of fighting almost extinct. Not only pikes were used from almost the entire Greek world but also thureophoroi replaced the former hoplites. Thureos as a shield did not permit all the above hoplitic mechanics. So as you understand bringing in life those mechanics is a bit out of date for the grand campaign..
    Now orders were still in use of course so the order system could be applied I guess.
    In any case this project could not get started for some months from now cause currently I got my hands full on Vae Victis and RL.. Sorry

Ok thanks for your answer, about history part, i need to say i didn't know that, it is just that after playing with your phalanx, it is not the same playing with vanilla formation, but it's okay take your time. Significado de la palabra thumbsup2

To save you from the long wait, DEI uses the hoplitic formation of a design very close to our own or at least following the same important principles. You can try that mod for the main campaign era if you like.
    Cheers

Thanks for your time, good luck with your projects

Libertus

Does this mod keep the vanilla game's land units ridiculous speed marching and running? I can't play any mod if it has that. Could I combine it with a other mod to have realistic battles?

Not really. We have taken down unit speed considerably

Will be there an Hellenika update for the current patch?

Probably no mate. At least I cannot see any update for the couple of months ahead of us.. Sorry

Quick question, does hellenika use vanilla projectiles table?
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

No I think I have modded them. I am 99% sure but I can't check currently cause lately I have issues with my hard drive and my pc's functionality

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Hope your PC issues improve. This is a very good prejoect and i enjoy how it feels different from other mods or the vanilla game. Updating this to the current patch woyld be great, but we understand life gets in the way of our hobbies. Hope to see something in the coming months, thanks!

Pc works fine now. The problem is just my free time..
    Patch 19 seems interesting and I took a promise to have a serious look into the possibility for an update.
    Still need more time to evaluate the work and time that is needed

That sounds great! I hope you will find the free time that you need to an update

A rumor reached my ears in some steam forums that there is a possibility of a new update - patch soon. I will wait a bit to verify this. If a nr 20 patch is being prepared I will wait for it before I start the update process.

Thank you !I wait this for more than 1 year~

Phalangitis, I truly appreciate your work. Does this mod still work if I use patch 18? Thanks and keep up the good work.

I guess thats not logical to spartan youth and veterans serve as garisson in captured towns. Its just unrealistic. Sparta must has a casual universal garrison of simple militia goplites. This garrison must be suitable for any polis. It means that every polis has own small defend forces and when you captured town then its goverment joined to Sparta and sweard in loyalty but its garrison is itself militia. Neither did Sparta nor even Athena has any garrison of their own. They just subjugated goverment of captured towns. There will be a lot of spartan veterans if I capture all over the map, isnt it? Its my opinion.

You are right. This is indeed one thing in the mod that has weak historic base, and it was left like that for a rather silly reason actually..
    First of all I should say that there were no garrisons at all actually. At least in the meaning of constant men with a specific guard duty and in numbers that really mattered or made any difference. Unfortunately the game was based in such garrison concept cause otherwise Ai was rampant attacking everything anywhere. Soo garrisons should exist for gameplay reasons.
    In reality Sparta would leave a garrison of few selected men either as an acropolis garrison or as a bodyguard unit for the pro Spartan party that was established to rule the city. Youths and elders played a role indeed in many Peloponnesian cities but not far away from home. In game terms since garrisons derive from buildings and buildings are the same for all cities regardless of their location we were in a dilemma to either not use the feature at all or over use it in a proportion far greater than in reality. We decided to overuse it finally for another technical reason. You see there is a scripted event that the fortress of Decelia is constructed in Attica (true event a you know) we wanted to force the ai not move those soldiers from there and keep them in fortified stance to represent the actual fort. To do this we wanted a specific garrison unit unable to move and we used those Spartans that have a 0 movement capability in map (not in combat) to stop Ai from moving them around.. I don't know if I can make you understand but to make this explanation short a technical reason was the cause for this small historic inconsistency.
    Thanks for the feedback

In the game