Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Download -Hellenika- version 1.2

Default Re: Download -Hellenika- version 1.0

Lesson 1: NEVER EVER start an attack without landing ALL your troops ;D
    Indeed one of the key things here is flanking

Default Re: Download -Hellenika- version 1.2

Updated OP with links with the new version 1.2 & changes log
    (New update makes the game a bit easier)

Hello !
    what the new in Part 2 ( new 1.2 ) ?? this part is for unit modells , but i reworked all persian units myself , i do not really wanna change .

No you dont need part 2. This is just Variant meshes as you said and probably will remain costant. To avoid these kind of missunderstndings i will leave unit versions constant to 1.2 and i will change it only if a new version comes. Thanks

Thanx for the new update! sounds great with the Argive neutrality!
    best regards,

- Strengthened the casualties system (now your starting troops pool will be depleted more often, especially in late games ,so plan ahead and develop your reserve troops)
    Please can you explain better this moment?

As you know we have. 2 kind of troops. Starting troops which are combat ready and reserve. Starting troops have specific caps according to their actual numbers. Before there were some loopholes where the caps would not get depleted so the player could have unlimited soldiers. Now casualties calculated better so as time progresses the player runs out of starting units caps. So it becomes more important to develop provinces to recruit reserve troops fast since these kind of troops need a lot of rec time representing population replenishment and training.

Thx for replay ) I think starting troops would not get depleted because player can always replenish any casualties in capital instead merge troops suffered losses with fresh troops. Do you removed replenish in capital? )

No, you can replenish your troops in your capital region normally.

replenishment is still a workaround on casualties. theoretically if you always return home and replenish you can bypass the ever reducing caps but the time cost to return home and replenish is great so when you have a large empire it is not always that easy to move back.Finally after the last tweaks if you suffer a defeat and loose a unit it is very much likely that you won't be able to re-recruit it (especially as time progresses)

Argive does not keep the truce ) When Argive agents succesfully manipulated my agent - war is declared automatically.

Yes there are some loopholes that truce may be broken as you described above but they are usually rare. In my campaign (and some more for bug hunting I had ) truce was maintained but I guess this can be broken. For example Argos can become a client state and follow its master to war also.Can't be done anything on these cases.
    By the way I made a small tweak to reinforce effectiveness of irregular troops to uneven terrain even more (for example Epeirotes irregulars) .Will upload the tweak probably during this weekend

OP refreshed.
    Added a small submod that bypasses a rare bug causing crashes. (check first post for directions)
    uploading as we speak the non steam version

Hey, another 250 MB just downloaded quickly late at yesterday night Part 3 on Steam.
    What was it ?

I updated both part 2 and 3. It was ready long ago but steam didn't let me update..
    It contains various changes to make the game more bearable to PC systems.
    I will update the non-steam link too soon.
    Tene can u confirm that both part 2 and 3 updated?

Confirmed part 2 and 3 at 27th July. I just payed attention to the 3rd part cause it was the one at the top of updated mods, sorry for that.

Cheers!
    It contains various changes to make the game more bearable to PC systems.
    What is it about mate? it sound sort of what we have in DeI to improve FPS for low-medium tier PCs ?

No not like DEI's submod.
    Nothing changed visually. I just save some files in a different form to lighten the burden of the graphic card.

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    No not like DEI's submod.
    Nothing changed visually. I just save some files in a different form to lighten the burden of the graphic card.
    hummm, so not noticeable for the players, right? just DB stuff. It's okey bro!

No db stuff, but yes, it is not noticable by the players you re right. Maybe though some with low end PCs may notice better performance.

Steam parts 2 and 3 along with non steam part 2, has been updated.
    Contains some changes to reduce your PC load. No visual changes has been made.