Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Download -Hellenika- version 1.2

Default Re: Download -Hellenika- version 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by LEG-IV View Post
    So can you tell me what's the catch? Am i doing something wrong?
    Heh my friend, sometimes if you get attacked by an inferior unit and you see ypur units wavering BREAK THE PHALANX FORMATION IMMEDIATELY, then ypu dont get penalties for getting attacked in the back, also you cpuld choose square formation whixh would destroy them easily

Quote Originally Posted by Johnoagrios View Post
    Heh my friend, sometimes if you get attacked by an inferior unit and you see ypur units wavering BREAK THE PHALANX FORMATION IMMEDIATELY, then ypu dont get penalties for getting attacked in the back, also you cpuld choose square formation whixh would destroy them easily
    Nice tip John!!

I looked through, but couldn't find any mentions of 2x/3x submod or something like it. Anything like this exists?
    Mod itself looks great and really complex, but fighting battles with boyscout troops after proper 10k armies is a too huge of a downside for me to actually play it.

I cant understand mate what do you mean with 2x/3x ? You need less soldiers? more soldiers per unit ?

I think it's more soldiers per unit.

Mmmm a submod with bigger soldiers would be interesting kind of like VV mod. What do you think Phal ?

NEw update with various fixes beeing uploaded in non steam link and soon in stea workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    NEw update with various fixes beeing uploaded in non steam link and soon in stea workshop
    Is it save-compatible? Any changelog?

yes save game compatible. Also in OP in the bottom there are in spoiler all the old versions if someone wishes to keep the previous one for some reason.

Changelog
    - improved mew generals spawn location to avoid some random (and rare) crashes
    -Boiotian war (Sparta Vs Athens) is now triggered at specific date or if Atehns gets too weak (with notifications)
    -Fixed ships speed that in some cases got a multiplier and were movving way too fast
    -fixed a Boiotian reformes bug
    -Added some texts on unit unlocks through techs
    -added guard button to skirmishers. (they will stay put and fire anything in their range BUT if you order them to fire a unit they will follow it if this units moves away from their range) [Remember to disable skirmish button while in guard mode]

Fantastic!
    Will check today

Ok OP updated for non steam link. LAter will upload steam.

Upload finished sooner than i expected it but everything seems ok. If someone notices problems from the new upload (version 1.1) revert to the old one (version 1.05) and i will reupload..

New update comming soon (Save game compatible) . We will unlock battering rams with the tech Poliorkitiki. This is historic accurate and will make sieges a bit easier also

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Saw on steam you're adding the battering ram. That's good. But I'm playing SHOGUN 2 at the moment - once or twice every week

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Saw on steam you're adding the battering ram. That's good. But I'm playing SHOGUN 2 at the moment - once or twice every week
    Try Darthmod

Willing to see the bat rams. Anyway, I would not recommend to research poliorkitiki until you get more research point so poliorkitiki time of research decreases.

Yesterday i managed to find some time to proceed my Spartan campaign. I am only 20 or something turns on but i am enjoying it greatly. I used the ram yesterday to take Argos.
    At first i moved up North and took Patra and Nupaktos. My armies were beaten bad and i had to go back to replenish. Argos made the mistake to attack me while in retreat so i lost Archidamos and a great army with many homioi in but they got weakened and soon Brasidas finished that expedition party and Kleomenis from the South took the undefended Argos so now i rule almost the whole Peloponnesos.
    What i enjoyed most was that i found great fluctuations in battle performance. I had to play 2 specific battles twice. Same armies same omens same everything. In both cases in the first battle i was following a specific (wrong) tactic and i got slaughtered and i was yelling "what an awfull game did we make.." on the second try with correct strategy i won decisively yelling "What a great game this is "
    I say this only to stress out that i can uderstand some complaints about the way your armies rout or behave but trust me if played in a thoughtfull strategic and with taking under consideration your armies composition , omens , terrain etc all can turn around 180 degrees
    Last edited by Phalangitis; May 18, 2016 at 05:31 AM.

Yesterday i managed to find some time to proceed my Spartan campaign. I am only 20 or something turns on but i am enjoying it greatly. I used the ram yesterday to take Argos.
    At first i moved up North and took Patra and Nupaktos. My armies were beaten bad and i had to go back to replenish. Argos made the mistake to attack me while in retreat so i lost Archidamos and a great army with many homioi in but they got weakened and soon Brasidas finished that expedition party and Kleomenis from the South took the undefended Argos so now i rule almost the whole Peloponnesos.
    What i enjoyed most was that i found great fluctuations in battle performance. I had to play 2 specific battles twice. Same armies same omens same everything. In both cases in the first battle i was following a specific (wrong) tactic and i got slaughtered and i was yelling "what an awfull game did we make.." on the second try with correct strategy i won decisively yelling "What a great game this is "
    I say this only to stress out that i can uderstand some complaints about the way your armies rout or behave but trust me if played in a thoughtfull strategic and with taking under consideration your armies composition , omens , terrain etc all can turn around 180 degrees
    The key thing here is that you share with the public (and me specially ) your wrong tactic and what you did in your succesful battle, so others can take the example

I did not save the replay damn it (it was very late at night) but i think i can draw some pics on the map of the battle to show you what happened. Will do it first chance i think it is worth it.

It would be ok with a text but as it used to be said: a screenshot tells more than 1000 words.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    It would be ok with a text but as it used to be said: a screenshot tells more than 1000 words.
    I drew 4 pics to help you visualize.. WIll post tonight

Ok here is one example. I made a naval attack to Naupaktos with a full stack of marines versus a settlement with 8-9 garrison units. Since i thought i had them (spartan marines you see) i did not plan my attack well. Outcome total disaster in a way i was furious with the game. I said that it is unacceptable regarding our mod's balance a full naval stack to loose so easily from a garrison of an unwalled town . BUT as you will see the problem was me and not the game.

ATTEMPT 1
    So Phase 1 .
    Since there are not many landing points i land half my units (equal in number to the garrison) in one point and i move the other half to the opposite

You see that Ai moved all the units towards me , flanked me and started destroying me with ease.

Phase 2
    I said ok i have wave 2 if i manage to come fast from the rear i will win BUT..My units beeing flanked and all start to waver in no time and the whole Ai army returned to fase me in full strength.. Result total defeat.

ATTEMPT 2
    Phase 1
    I wait and land the 2 parts in a way that they meet in harbor of Naupaktos as it shows below on the same time. I used a small building as cover for my part 1 flanks which were used in phalanx.Part 2 was throwing javs on the enemy hoplites in the flank. Part 3 was partly in melee and partly in skirmishing mode. Ai is set as in the pic

Phase 2
    I sent a small part of group 2 to chase off javs towards the city center . The result was the complete opposite. Hoplites were routed in no time while the mixed troops and the javelinmen in the city center seeing their buddies rout they were dissolved as well just by me showing up in their rear or uppon arrival in the city center. Result complete victory without many losses.
    Last edited by Phalangitis; May 20, 2016 at 06:05 AM.