Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Download -Hellenika- version 1.2

Default Re: Download -Hellenika- version 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by LEG-IV View Post
    Hey guys, first of all congratulations for the mod!!!
    Finally i will have the chance to play properly some Hellenic armies!
    Now, it seems that Part 2 for non-Steam at mediafire it's downloading really really....i mean REALLY painfully slow.
    Let me give you the picture: It starts downloading with kb, something like 0.1 kb every 5 to 10 secs, and when it reaches around between 4 and 5 downloaded mb it says that the archive has been canceled due to slow internet connections.
    Now before you get me wrong, it happens that i just downloaded all the other files for the mod really super fast. I mean my internet connection runs smoothly with everything else.
    So there must be something wrong with mediafire or something.
    Does anyone else have the same issue?
    Thanks in advance.
    LEG this mediafire version (the part2) is used 2 months now with no problems(we used it in the beta test face too), and i didn't do anything to mediafire links. Also i downloded the part myself with no problems. So i guess something happens to your internet connection while trying to download this part (maybe someone else uses your internet too..)

LEG-IV's Avatar Foederatus

Oh it doesn't matter anymore since i have managed to download it until now.
    Fact is that i just wanted to let you know of my issue and if someone else might had the same thing.
    Anyway, since i am playing the mod i've stumbled on another problem. Greek music pack for some odd reason it just don't play out for me.
    It's like i am having the music unticked. It's like i don't have any music at all in the game. All other sounds play crystal but not the music.
    Any suggestions?

Anyway, guys, apart from my issues, i want to give you my BIG respects and congratulations about the mod you have given to us, because it's a really awesome to play a good Hellenic mod!

I heard of another one reporting the same problem but he managed to get it fixed. If you check the posts on steam version of the music mod you will find it easily (it is one of the latest comments)

I just fount the entry but it is in Greek. The guy said that he did not have the latest version of the game on.

Oh it doesn't matter anymore since i have managed to download it until now.
    Fact is that i just wanted to let you know of my issue and if someone else might had the same thing.
    Anyway, since i am playing the mod i've stumbled on another problem. Greek music pack for some odd reason it just don't play out for me.
    It's like i am having the music unticked. It's like i don't have any music at all in the game. All other sounds play crystal but not the music.
    Any suggestions?

Anyway, guys, apart from my issues, i want to give you my BIG respects and congratulations about the mod you have given to us, because it's a really awesome to play a good Hellenic mod!
    Check if your game is patched to the latest version CA's patch 17, otherwise it will not play.

Big update people both on Steam and also here on non steam links.Check OP

1)Nerfed ammo and damage of many skirmishers
    2)Nerfed spies and champions. Now in order to succeed and cause casualties they need only to acomplish a critical strike. All other situations considered failures.
    3)Fixed the problematic Athenian spawn in Mantineia
    4)Reduced a bit Ai's morale according to levele so Ai units break slightly easier than before
    5)Removed the fact that when you loose Kythera as Sparta Ellis and Mantineia they all declare war on you. (they still do if you loose other Lacedaimon regions though like Pylos,Messenia or Sparta)
    6)Changed some colour values
    7)Changed Unit icon colours so it is easier noticed who is selectd and who not.

Perfectly :~)

Part 2 updated too with minor visual changes both at steam and non steam.
    Check th OP.

I love every change. Can't wait to test out. Oh, what about the AI suffering from attrition so bad? Sparta seems to have 7-8 armies with 2 regions. I quake thinking of taking on that many units in a battle but I don't want Sparta to be a pushover for anyone either.

I haven't played Corinth of Argos yet but Sparta gets a few extra armies throughout the campaign. This would make them a land juggernaut understandably but they are starving. The mods drawbacks to Sparta, which are historical, keep them in the shadows.

Yes don't worry, more food had been given to AI in order not to starve..
    If the condition persists report it.

No worries. Thanks

Confirmed Champions do very small damage to units with this new version.

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    Check if your game is patched to the latest version CA's patch 17, otherwise it will not play.
    Yes, it was the patch. I've patched it and it plays good. Good taste on the music!
    Anyway, I am playing with Sparta.
    I've noticed that in general, the morale of the units is dropping really fast causing units to rout and to regroup some meters away if anyone is not chasing them.
    But most of the times they are routing for good.
    But the most weird and odd i saw was a full phallanx of Akropolis Spartan Guard? or what is the name of that unit, to engage in melee an Athenian peltasts unit, and while they should cut them down in no time, they just...routed??? after a minute or less.
    As you can understand i was really frustrated loosing a city from a unit like this.
    Although the city was lost one way or another because their main forces was heading to capture my strategic point, i could still give a good fight till i fall like a hero.
    Note, that no other enemy unit was engaging with my hoplites. Just them and the enemy peltasts, trying to fight my off with their little knives.
    So can you tell me what's the catch? Am i doing something wrong?

After countless hours in game testing this never happened to me. Never a hoplitic unit lost from lavelin men. I can record and brimg back videos that javelin men rout in seconds in melee BUT there are many factors that may cause your units to rout. Attacks from behind, loosing the battle altogether , having suffered casualties before ,tiredeness etc etc etc
    You cannot expect a unit of Spartans when everything is lost and all others have routed , suffered casualties, beeing tired , to be unbreakable.. I am guessing some tactical mistakes in the battle as a whole or the enemy having much more troops than you. Also johnoagrios posted a video on various tactics and i have posted also one in the past (if you cannot find it tell me to send the link) . Try again and if you still have problems we can talk. In any case keep a save gae or a replay after a problematic battle to check ourselves also. Thanks

Just check your battle diff to be on normal and also, bear in mind that if have lost your entire army and only 1 unit remains their morale is destroyed anyway. This will never happen in normal conditions.
    The name is just an old remnant (you will find some of those) that used as Spartan garisson.

Yes, i can understand now after some hours of gameplay, that i made some crucial mistakes and i couldn't understand the new mechanics you've brought with this great mod.
    (The music is awesome as i am Hellene myself!)
    Althought i've read from the start some of the MUST READ mannual, i kept excercising some of my old Rome 2 strategies till i realised now are obsolete with this mod.
    Hehe, now i need to revise my strategies IF i want to survive!

Cheers!

Yes, i can understand now after some hours of gameplay, that i made some crucial mistakes and i couldn't understand the new mechanics you've brought with this great mod.
    (The music is awesome as i am Hellene myself!)
    Althought i've read from the start some of the MUST READ mannual, i kept excercising some of my old Rome 2 strategies till i realised now are obsolete with this mod.
    Hehe, now i need to revise my strategies IF i want to survive!

Cheers!
    Καλως τονα στη παρεα τοτε!
    Καποια στιγμη θα γραφτει και το μανουαλ στα Ελληνικα!

Since we are talking about Greek translation. I started it but it is a pain it needs much time which i dont have the time to procceed fast so i need some help. I have translated up to social system . M@x if you could translate 3 areas , Hoplite of Ilis another 3 , me another 3 and someone volunteer another 3 we are done in no time. Can anyone please lay a hand on me? Thanks.

yes ofc!

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    Since we are talking about Greek translation. I started it but it is a pain it needs much time which i dont have the time to procceed fast so i need some help. I have translated up to social system . M@x if you could translate 3 areas , Hoplite of Ilis another 3 , me another 3 and someone volunteer another 3 we are done in no time. Can anyone please lay a hand on me? Thanks.
    Im in phal! Tell me which part ypu want me to do