Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Download -Hellenika- version 1.2

Default Re: Download -Hellenika- version 1.2

Hello, gentlemen! I have some important news for Russian-speaking players. There is a full translation for Hellenika - version 1.2 (20th patch).
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rk...1Y7yTTmm8o-MmE
    Use it! I hope that the expectations will be met, because it's much more interesting to play, knowing what we're talking about.

That's no small feat! Поздравляю! However, with the bug that at least me and other player are experiencing, that the game freezes when declaring war, it's hard to enjoy it :/

Sorry for the double post, but d'oh. I had disabled automatic updates on all my games for bandwidth reasons (had to use my phone's wifi for a week, but that was at least 6 months ago) and forgot to enable them. As soon as I did, Rome II updated? I thought last patch was Rise of the Republic. Anyway, I instantly tried the mod and it works! I would advice anyone having the same problem to make sure their game is allowed to update. I'm actually quite surprised that all the other mods I use worked on an outdated version of the game for half a year, especially Divide et Impera

So the update will never come?

Hello very good mod the only concern I still have a chrash on lap 27? Do you have a solution I have read your solution with the sub module but I do not understand very well how to use it? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    That's no small feat! Поздравляю! However, with the bug that at least me and other player are experiencing, that the game freezes when declaring war, it's hard to enjoy it :/
    Guys. I made a similar post about this in the steam file.

I recently started a new campaign with Korinthos and I am about 60 turns in. No problems at all, in fact the mod works great with the new Rome II updates.
    One concern is this mod is heavily scripted and there is always a chance for scripting conflicts with any new Rome II update.
    If you guys can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking the only bug is when playing as Sparta and declaring war on Argos?

In my Korinthos campaign Argos declared war on Sparta pretty early on and of course I sided with my allies. The Mantineans really did some damage to the Argive garrison after a siege - once they left I captured Argos and I never experienced any diplomatic penalty. I have declared war on at least 2 factions (Ozoles Lokri and the Aitolians) with no issues.

If you are playing as Sparta you need to actually play like real Spartans - cautious and conservative.

I believe an early declaration of war against Argos is conflicting with the Argive neutrality scripting. As we all know in the Peloponnesian war, Argos was "neutral" until they revealed their hand in 420BC. This will happen in a dynamic event by 420 where Argos will reveal its democratic allegiance and you should be able to declare war on Argos (As Sparta) after you see the dynamic event notification. You can also try to provoke the Argive AI into declaring war on YOU with raiding, deploy agents in Argos, etc.

Hopefully this helps, please give it a try Sparta fanbois! and let me know if this is not the only related problem.

Cheers

I can confirm this mod works very well with the current version, perfectly well may I add. Have not had a single CTD so far. Would it be possible to make an all (or more) factions playable submod?

faction unlockers are "compatible" with this mod but it's not the same.

1. You don't have any option to heal your units
    2. You have unlimited number of hoplite units which is unrealistic and takes away a huge part of this mod.

Phalangitis once made me a personalised script that let me play as Ionia and Byzantion where my units could be reinforced if they took casualties but it really wasn't the same, in fact it was kind of boring.
    This mod is made for the 6 specific playable factions and the campaign experience when using them makes Hellenika stand out against most other TW experiences.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

there is a huge description in the discussion page
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...4348249577284/

I subscribed and played around with it and it's definitely Hellenika with some work done of top of it. Good to hear that they don't try to hide that.

One thing that happens with Hellenika and I tried to replicate with this one mod and was unsuccessful, so it seems they managed to fix it: in Hellenika, it comes a certain point where I can not recruit any more units. I'm not talking about the units that have starting manpower, I'm talking about all units. I just can't recruit no matter what I do. When I hover a unit card, it says "no recruitment points available". By the way this is entirely random, in some playthroughs it happens in turn 40+ and I once got it in the sixth turn. A couple times, I had a queue of units recruiting when this bug "hits", and what happens is that the queued units instead of having a finite number that indicates how many turns until they are available, they have the infinity symbol ∞. There is also no indication in the population info that this is what is causing this

delete
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 05, 2020 at 03:26 PM.

I subscribed and played around with it and it's definitely Hellenika with some work done of top of it. Good to hear that they don't try to hide that.

One thing that happens with Hellenika and I tried to replicate with this one mod and was unsuccessful, so it seems they managed to fix it: in Hellenika, it comes a certain point where I can not recruit any more units. I'm not talking about the units that have starting manpower, I'm talking about all units. I just can't recruit no matter what I do. When I hover a unit card, it says "no recruitment points available". By the way this is entirely random, in some playthroughs it happens in turn 40+ and I once got it in the sixth turn. A couple times, I had a queue of units recruiting when this bug "hits", and what happens is that the queued units instead of having a finite number that indicates how many turns until they are available, they have the infinity symbol ∞. There is also no indication in the population info that this is what is causing this

Anybody having the same problem? Because I might have fixed the script

Anybody having the same problem? Because I might have fixed the script
    Yes me

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789