Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Azeroth Total War

Default Re: Azeroth Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Jester View Post

Very nice ! Really captures the alliance footman feel.

If I may 2 suggestions ?

1)Is it possible to change the armor colour to a more silvery one like real armor like in the original medieval 2 or even other mods like these ?

2) In the movies the footmen had leg protection (faulds) like that :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Imo it would look better if, instead of tying in to their belt it tied directly to their breastplate like the Gondor soldiers
    Could you give it a try to see how it would look ?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by jim501; December 07, 2016 at 05:56 PM.

Wait, so the guy does that wonderful work... and gets banned immediately after? I always said it, Warcraft total war mods are cursed. Everytime there's progress, something happens that eliminates said progress.

It's a copnsiracy to deprive us of any warcraft mods
    Jokes, aside just as a much needed modeller appeared, he got insta-banned, that's gotta be quite the bad luck.
    I am curious now however why that happened, is there any way to see why a member got banned ?

Probably only by asking the moderators. This is pretty sad.

After reading through all those old WTW Threads.. creating my own version of O&H for Rome TW.. getting hopeless... I found this thread. And I got hope again that one day we will be able to fight on Azeroth for the faction we most love in this wonderfull universe that would fit PERFECTLY into the Total War Engine, especially MedII..

And then I read the last posts and once again the hope is gone.
    I guess this fits perfectly (starting from 2:59) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtMQJ_2oWyg

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Anyone here knows how to convert models into Medieval II?

I posted a post in the Warcraft TW thread - please take a look at it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15280853
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

A new hope arises far in the horizon... C'mon guys let's find someone who can handle these programs!

In the meantime I decided to learn 3DMax, I already downloaded it. From friday on I will no longer have any duties left for uni and then I'll try my first steps.
    Maybe in the near or far future I could make some models for this mod. But in the end it's just a matter of time. The day will come this mod will get a proper release with real warcraft units!

Quote Originally Posted by King of Stormwind View Post
    A new hope arises far in the horizon... C'mon guys let's find someone who can handle these programs!

In the meantime I decided to learn 3DMax, I already downloaded it. From friday on I will no longer have any duties left for uni and then I'll try my first steps.
    Maybe in the near or far future I could make some models for this mod. But in the end it's just a matter of time. The day will come this mod will get a proper release with real warcraft units!
    With my material you basically just need to know how to make them Medieval II compatible. The models are already done and finished .

But be warned, WC3-model files are using many different textures - will be a mess to make them into a single one fiting the model.

But they are great quality. The WC3 editor doesn't show them at their highest resolution.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    With my material you basically just need to know how to make them Medieval II compatible. The models are already done and finished .

But be warned, WC3-model files are using many different textures - will be a mess to make them into a single one fiting the model.

But they are great quality. The WC3 editor doesn't show them at their highest resolution.
    Yes I know these new models for wc3. But some models especially the footman have different proportions and it would look a bit weird in the medII engine. And then again this mod will have a looot of units.
    This means that in any case we need some handmade models. And when we got them this mod will very soon see the light because the models are the heart and the soul of these kind of mods
    If there is progress, there will be progress in any other aspect as well.

Yes I know these new models for wc3. But some models especially the footman have different proportions and it would look a bit weird in the medII engine. And then again this mod will have a looot of units.
    This means that in any case we need some handmade models. And when we got them this mod will very soon see the light because the models are the heart and the soul of these kind of mods
    If there is progress, there will be progress in any other aspect as well.
    Roger that. I think the most important units are those of non-humans. They are harder to do. In any case, in The Sundering there is a Chaos soldier with the same BIG proportions as in Warcraft/WoW. I think it is possible to get those proportions in shoulders etc. It actually has better proportions than the ones in CoW or BotET.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Roger that. I think the most important units are those of non-humans. They are harder to do. In any case, in The Sundering there is a Chaos soldier with the same BIG proportions as in Warcraft/WoW. I think it is possible to get those proportions in shoulders etc. It actually has better proportions than the ones in CoW or BotET.
    I think the human factions, at least the Kingdom of Stormwind (or maybe if we start in another year even Lordaeron) should be done first because like you say, non-humans are difficult to do. In the beginning we need progress and kind of a feeling that we're moving forward. So it's logical to start with the simple tasks. Well but even doing footman will be a challenge for me. The only thing I ever did in moddeling was a simple box in Rhino and played a bit around with it.. I really will need to watch through hours of youtube tutorials :/

I mean if someone showed up who can convert those wc3 models for medII that would be great because we could at least use them as "placeholders" till we got the real But the sad thing is that it seems that we two are the only ones interested in this

Ok, I have a good news and a bad news

The bad news is that I can't find any good tutorial that shows the process of making a unit from scratch and bringing them into the game. Also I tried to install 3dMax but everytime I start an error occurs which says I need to download and install it again. My internet is not the fastest, so it will take some time to do so.
    In the meantime I found another tutorial but with Milskshape 3d. I gave it a try and I managed to convert the medII files so that I can view them in Milkshape. However I can't handle it well yet so that I will need very much time to learn it.

Ok, now the good news: As the wc3 units are also made in Milkshape I now can (or at least I think that I can) convert them for use in Med2. Maybe we could ge them ingame. We will see.

@Mr_Nygren
    Can you give me a link to the files, please?

Ok, I have a good news and a bad news

The bad news is that I can't find any good tutorial that shows the process of making a unit from scratch and bringing them into the game. Also I tried to install 3dMax but everytime I start an error occurs which says I need to download and install it again. My internet is not the fastest, so it will take some time to do so.
    In the meantime I found another tutorial but with Milskshape 3d. I gave it a try and I managed to convert the medII files so that I can view them in Milkshape. However I can't handle it well yet so that I will need very much time to learn it.

Ok, now the good news: As the wc3 units are also made in Milkshape I now can (or at least I think that I can) convert them for use in Med2. Maybe we could ge them ingame. We will see.

@Mr_Nygren
    Can you give me a link to the files, please?
    I send you my files, jut going to have to go throught them first - There may be many of the same character and i think i am only gonna send the best ones.

Btw, it's not as simple as converting them - the skeletons needs to be set for M2TW. I fear that is harder than what i can manage - i did some modeling on FF7 in Kimera 97 but it's easier. While i can understand basic functions in Milkshape i am in no way close to being able to model.

- The Havamal

Eoghan Wolfkin's Avatar Civis

I have some very good news for you lot! I actually tried to work on creating an alpha for a warcraft mod last year in my spare time using as much spare content, and a fair bit of my own work. Gave up on it because of my rampant procrastination problem which has me constantly stopping and starting things. Anyway, will try to upload it on this page by the end of the day. It's not finished, and frankly I think you could gut the good bits you want to keep, and merge them into your mod.

Was trying to make a First War alpha so the rosters of these factions reflect that.
    What I've got in my mod:
    Human units (Enough to fill up a faction. Finished Stormwind and Lordaeron).
    Orc Units (that actually look like orcs from WoW)
    Magic units
    Faction UIs (I found in one of the old threads. Edited the Scourge/Burning Legion one)
    Music (Found again)
    Some Ogre and Troll units
    Goblin units (Some artillery) (Was going to make them mercenary/rebels unit only)
    Some dwarf units
    Some High elven units
    Some portraits (Orc and Human) (Human more complete)
    Some Custom Models for generals (Blackhand,Orgrim,Cho'gall,Kilrogg,LLane Wrynn,Khadgar,Lothar,Medivh)
    Some mob units (Slime, Bandits)

Gonna try and post some images in a minute.
    What I didn't finish you'll be able to see soon enough. But, either way, I hope you enjoy.

Also, there are some glitches when it comes to the footman units. Got a weird gltich involving some armour stretching across the battlefield, that I never found the time to look into.

Nice work Eoghan. Work is still going on all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoghan Wolfkin View Post
    I have some very good news for you lot! I actually tried to work on creating an alpha for a warcraft mod last year in my spare time using as much spare content, and a fair bit of my own work. Gave up on it because of my rampant procrastination problem which has me constantly stopping and starting things. Anyway, will try to upload it on this page by the end of the day. It's not finished, and frankly I think you could gut the good bits you want to keep, and merge them into your mod.

Was trying to make a First War alpha so the rosters of these factions reflect that.
    What I've got in my mod:
    Human units (Enough to fill up a faction. Finished Stormwind and Lordaeron).
    Orc Units (that actually look like orcs from WoW)
    Magic units
    Faction UIs (I found in one of the old threads. Edited the Scourge/Burning Legion one)
    Music (Found again)
    Some Ogre and Troll units
    Goblin units (Some artillery) (Was going to make them mercenary/rebels unit only)
    Some dwarf units
    Some High elven units
    Some portraits (Orc and Human) (Human more complete)
    Some Custom Models for generals (Blackhand,Orgrim,Cho'gall,Kilrogg,LLane Wrynn,Khadgar,Lothar,Medivh)
    Some mob units (Slime, Bandits)

Gonna try and post some images in a minute.
    What I didn't finish you'll be able to see soon enough. But, either way, I hope you enjoy.

Also, there are some glitches when it comes to the footman units. Got a weird gltich involving some armour stretching across the battlefield, that I never found the time to look into.
    Nice JOB man , i have the same problem starting alot of projects and moving to the next before i am finished - however i do always finish my projects at the end. I just don't like to work on the same mod for too long and tire after like a few weeks of constant focus on one mod. I then take a pause and focus on another project for awhile before returning to the old one with new interest in finishing it.

As for Warcraft i always thought it was too unfinished to even work on - as i thought it crashed and were a mess.

With your work i do think there is hope. Azeroth Total War looks very promising, but are these models for Warcraft Total War? The alpha already released? Or Obsidians version of the alpha?

I have too many other projects but would be very happy to get a hold of the units in case i would want to help in the future. At least they would be safe because i always back things up on many places. I also wanted to do an epic music mod for Warcraft but because of the unfinished state of Warcraft Total War i lost interest.

Lordaeron, Stormwind and Orcs sounds like a great beginning =). Does the human factions include Elves and Dwarfs? Warhammer dwarfs looks pretty much the same otherwise.

Btw, do you have the skills to import WC3 unit models into Warcraft Total War?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 29, 2017 at 09:21 PM.

- The Havamal

Firstly, here is the work I promised. Meant to upload it yesterday however there were some issues with my internet.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/djuyz8fwozgomnt/WTW.rar

Mr_nygren, this work was my humble attempt to release an alpha version for warcraft total war, based on a lot of work that the orignal gang did. I went through the threads and collected as much of there notes as possible (i.e faction rosters and ideas).

I had originally tried to make it set during the Third war (hence why there are some elven, scourge, lordaeron and other units completed), but I scaled back my work to the First War, as there are really only two factions to do there. Orcs and Humans. Once I would've completed the First War alpha, I was going to make a second war beta, and then a third war 1.0.

The Theramore faction has all the dwarven units (I think just one) that were completed, and some elven units (though there are some elven mages in the Quel'Thalas faction). I have still some unfinished units for the Quel'thalas faction that have mostly finished models and textures that I can finish and then upload.

There are plenty of models in my files that I actually got from a Warcraft 3 modding website. I unfortunately don't know how to get the regular (unedited models) from W3 into M2, yet somehow I figured out how to get the ones people edited online into the game. Anyway, you'll be able to see my work that I did in these files. Just unzip like you would with any other mod. Again, this is unfinished, and the purpose of me uploading these files is so that my work can be adapted for this one. At least, until someone with talent comes in and makes some better models. Enjoy.

https://ibb.co/nEji8v
    https://ibb.co/dN5ZFa

Here are the unfinished elves.