Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Azeroth Total War

Default Azeroth Total War

Hello this thread is for me to showcase my progress with making my own mod i will submit updates whenever i have something new to show. Also if anyone has any interest in helping or has some skills they'd like to offer leave a post or send me a message as i've only learnt mapping so far. Nobody hold your breath this will take a long time but i intend to keep working on it in my free time. Artwork by Vladyvid

Azeroth Total war is a mod based in the Warcraft universe featuring the world of Azeroth. It will be based at the beginning of World of Warcraft and as such will feature factions and geography of that point in the game (with a couple exceptions). Progressing through events till the Wrath of the Lich King.

The Map

The Factions

Artwork by Vladyvid

v1.0
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unit roster for v1.0 release

Alliance factions:

The Kingdom of Stormwind
    The Kingdom of Khaz Modan
    The Night Elves

Horde factions:
    The Nation of Durotar
    The United Tauren Tribes
    The Forsaken

Independant factions:
    The Scarlet Crusade
    The Dark Iron Empire
    The Dark Horde
    The Undead Scourge
    The Magocracy of Dalaran
    The Drakkari Tribe
    Neutral Hostile (Slave)

Post v1.0

Unit roster aims once v1.0 is out.
    Alliance factions:
    The Kingdom of Stormwind
    The Night Elves
    The Meritocracy of Gnomeregan
    The City-State of Theramore
    The Remnants of Lordaeron

Horde factions:
    The Nation of Durotar
    The United Tauren Tribes
    The Forsaken
    The Darkspear Tribe
    The Frostwolf Clan
    The Warsong Clan

Independant factions:
    The Wildhammer Clan
    The Grimtotem Clan
    The Kingdom of Quel' Thalas
    The Scarlet Crusade
    The Kingdom of Gilneas
    The Defias Brotherhood
    The Alteraci Syndicate
    The Dark Iron Empire
    The Dark Horde
    The Trade Coalition
    The Undead Scourge
    The Undead of Lordaeron
    The Mageocracy of Dalaran
    The Forest Troll Tribes
    The Jungle Troll Tribes
    The Drakkari Tribe
    The Farraki Tribe
    The Burning Legion
    Neutral Hostile (Slave)

Religions:
    Cult of the Damned
    Cult of the Forgotten Shadow
    Demonic
    Druidism
    Arcane
    Engineering
    Loas
    Old Gods
    Shamanism
    The Light

Cultures:
    Human
    Dwarven
    Night Elf
    Orc
    Tauren
    Troll
    Undead

FAQ:
    I'll add more as they're asked.

Q: Why are there small factions like the Warsong and Stromguarde?
    A: For balance. If Durotar and Stormwind controlled all Horde orc and Alliance Humans the factions would be overpowered and streamroll. (Stromguarde replaced with Lordaeron)

Q: Will Kul' Tiras be in the mod?
    A: Not as a faction but certain factions can 'liberate' the island of Kul' Tiras and train Kul' Tiras Marines there.

Q: Why are High Elves a faction?
    A: I have revised this decision and replaced them with the Gnomes.

Q: Will the Twilight Hammer or Argent Dawn/Crusade in this mod?
    A: They along with the Cenarion Circle will be like the knightly orders from medieval 2 to certain factions.

Q: Will there be crusades or Jihads?
    A: Voodoo factions will have a papal faction and Ancestral Reclamations (Crusades). Holy light factions will have crusades (Jihads).

Q: When does the mod start?
    A: It starts at the beginning of Vanilla wow with the exception of Dalaran being in Northrend from the beginning.
    Last edited by Darrowmere; April 08, 2017 at 06:18 PM.

Default Re: Azeroth Total War

Un'Goro Crater

Zandalar

Dustwallow Marsh

Unfinished Gilneas

Blackrock Mountain layout unfinished

Last edited by Darrowmere; October 08, 2016 at 01:16 PM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Hmm, good luck! There were at least 2 other warcraft mods released in the past (Im pretty sure at least one as Ive been on their team for a while), so maybe you can salvage some stuff from them. There were units models, a ready campaign map with beautiful textures, lots of goodies you could probably use to speed up the creation of your mod. Looking forward to new developments.

Thanks and which mod you working on? There was the original one started by TheHappyCrusader which was in alpha and i think died and Obeseians Warcraft mod which he's working on and i sent him a message. Just wanted to finally do some modding and make a mod just as i wanted it

That was a long time ago and I wasnt a very productive team member because as I recall, I quit modding for quite a while not long after I joined them. It must have been the mod that TheHappyCrusader was doing, cause it sure wasnt Obesaians. You might want to check it out:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?273449-Warcraft-Total-War-%28WTW%29-Alpha-1-Released

Don't know if the downloads links still work though. BTW + rep from an old ex-wow player "For the Horde!"

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Good luck, Darrowmere!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Hmm, good luck! There were at least 2 other warcraft mods released in the past (Im pretty sure at least one as Ive been on their team for a while), so maybe you can salvage some stuff from them. There were units models, a ready campaign map with beautiful textures, lots of goodies you could probably use to speed up the creation of your mod. Looking forward to new developments.
    Did those mods have any decent models?
    The "happycrusader's" mod, from what I saw, had the classic medieval 2 units with the same armor and some painted "racial" faces on them which looked awkard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowmere View Post
    Hello this thread is for me to showcase my progress with making my own mod i will submit updates whenever i have something new to show. Also if anyone has any interest in helping or has some skills they'd like to offer leave a post or send me a message as i've only learnt mapping so far. Nobody hold your breath this will take a long time but i intend to keep working on it in my free time.

The Idea

Azeroth Total war is a mod based in the Warcraft universe featuring the world of Azeroth. It will be based at the beginning of World of Warcraft and as such will feature factions and geography of that point in the game (with a couple exceptions). Progressing through events till the Wrath of the Lich King.

The Map

The Factions

Alliance factions:
    The Kingdom of Stormwind
    Night Elves
    The Kingdom of Stromguarde
    The Nation of Theramore
    High Elf Remnants

Horde factions:
    The Nation of Durotar
    The United Tauren Tribes
    Forsaken
    Darkspear Tribe
    Frostwolf Clan
    Warsong Clan

Independant factions:
    Wildhammer Clan
    Nazjatar Surfacers (Naga)
    The Kingdom of Quel' Thalas
    The Scarlet Crusade
    The Kingdom of Gilneas
    The Dark Iron Empire
    The Dark Horde
    The Trade Coalition (Goblins)
    The Scourge
    Dalaran
    Maraudine Clan (Centaur)
    Amani Tribe
    Gurubashi Tribe
    Drakkari Tribe
    Sandfury Tribe
    Zandalar Tribe (Papal faction)
    Neutral Hostile (Slave)

Emergent factions:
    The Fel Horde
    The Qiraji Empire

Religions:
    Voodoo
    Holy Light
    Shamanism
    Druidism
    Old Gods
    Enlightenment
    Demonic
    Cult of the Forgotten Shadow
    Lich King
    Greed

Cultures:
    Alliance
    Horde
    Troll
    Undead
    Elf
    Ancient Elves
    Goblin
    Have you considered making the mod in the warcraft 2 era? of the Second War ?

in the current timeline, there are solid alliances and destroyed factions while in the 2nd war, we have all the Alliance kingdoms and the orc clans intact and independent of each other, which allow for all-out war.
    Most of the other factions can exist within that timline and be added as well, even the Scourge despite having Ner'zhul as its leader (it can worked on, lorewise)

Also, What do you think of basing it on Attila like the new Lotr mod?
    I dont know modding, so I dont know it is a more difficult task, though.

Anyway, these are my thoughts, good luck with your work.

Duh, they have models by xxMoRaVexxx and TheMalevolentKing which are great quality and look pretty much like in wow. You didnt look close enough or you confuse their mod with Obesaians.

Also if anyone has any interest in helping or has some skills they'd like to offer leave a post or send me a message as i've only learnt mapping so far.
    I was actually interested in learning to mod, to make a warcraft mod as well and had stored some concept material like armor/waepons/outfits, but unfortunately I doubt this will happen anytime soon, since I have my studies, and learning to do so would take a load of time.
    What about the "call of warhammer"/ "rage of the dark gods" team ?
    They have done quite the good job with their mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Duh, they have models by xxMoRaVexxx and TheMalevolentKing which are great quality and look pretty much like in wow. You didnt look close enough or you confuse their mod with Obesaians.
    Nah, it was theirs.
    Maybe I had seen a very old build I guess.
    I do recall their Paladins and Lordaeron footmen were pretty faithful though.

Hey Jim you've raised a lot of points so i'll try to cover them all here.
    I haven't got round to thinking about models and units yet but if there are some good ones left over from other mods and i can get permission then i may use them.
    As far as basing the mod in the second warcraft game i originally planned to make a mod set right before the first warcraft but decided on wow because the balance of power is at an interesting point and how different each playthrough could be. By starting at a point of peace and not all out war you could for example playing on one side try to preserve a peace between the sides or lead your side into all out war or even leaving your side and joining the other. Not to mention all you could do as an independant nation. Plus if i finish this mod or atleast get a workable map up then people can make submods for different stages like warcraft 2.
    I don't own Attila total war and i'm assuming it has a very different way of modding not to mention i think medieval 2 was the last total war game that let you edit the map completely so i'm going to keep this project on my favorite total war.
    As far as learning to mod you don't have to devote masses of time i knew nothing about modding a year ago, i'm still learning lots and i am nearing the end of my time at uni so i don't have all the time in the world but i do bits and pieces here and there so if you fancy learning just take a look at a tutorial here or there.
    Anyway hope that answers some stuff for you and thanks for stopping by.

Hey Jim you've raised a lot of points so i'll try to cover them all here.
    I haven't got round to thinking about models and units yet but if there are some good ones left over from other mods and i can get permission then i may use them.
    As far as basing the mod in the second warcraft game i originally planned to make a mod set right before the first warcraft but decided on wow because the balance of power is at an interesting point and how different each playthrough could be. By starting at a point of peace and not all out war you could for example playing on one side try to preserve a peace between the sides or lead your side into all out war or even leaving your side and joining the other. Not to mention all you could do as an independant nation. Plus if i finish this mod or atleast get a workable map up then people can make submods for different stages like warcraft 2.
    I don't own Attila total war and i'm assuming it has a very different way of modding not to mention i think medieval 2 was the last total war game that let you edit the map completely so i'm going to keep this project on my favorite total war.
    As far as learning to mod you don't have to devote masses of time i knew nothing about modding a year ago, i'm still learning lots and i am nearing the end of my time at uni so i don't have all the time in the world but i do bits and pieces here and there so if you fancy learning just take a look at a tutorial here or there.
    Anyway hope that answers some stuff for you and thanks for stopping by.
    Thanks for your answer.
    I just thought warcraft 2 would be ideal since you could have all human kingdoms while in wow Lordaeron is destroyed etc.
    Anyway, you are right another submod can take care of this, and is only a minor preference of mine.

And you are right,I guess Attila would be different to modding, and it doesnt support map changes.

Do you plan to add kul Tiras to the game, since they are still supposed to be a functional faction lorewise?

Lastly,I had stumbled across some interesting ideas for the human kindgoms uniforms/outfits/themes.
    Wanna share them ?

Keep up the good work !

No plans to add Kul' Tiras as a faction as they wern't present in vanilla wow apart from at tiraguarde keep in Durotar. I have added their island though. But Theramore will be pretty similar with a different coloured anchor sigil and Jaina Proudmoore as the founder and head of the ruling family. Sure i wouldn't mind seeing them but i've got to finish the mapping before i get round to skins and creating factions.

If you want, I can make you faction symbols for this mod. Either as concepts or ready game files. I'm busy with my own mod but that kind of help won't hinder my own developments and I really like working on heraldics or symbols.

That would be very helpful Vladyvid i can pm you pictures i have chosen for each faction sigil and the colours i was thinking.

Read the pm from you, I'll get back with some contept work soon. BTW I was looking at the faction list and while it would be great to have so many factions, I think for the mod like this to be made would take very long. If you limit the number of factions, get rid of some of the less important or something like that, would make the mod easier to make and could still have many factions nonetheless.

True it is an ambitious faction list but certain factions will come along with others. All trolls are pretty much the same models just skin colour changes. Human factions just need banner changes for most units. My plan is to release an Alpha with the completed map and all factions present but named only. Pretty much medieval 2 unit rosters. Then hopefully with the interest a release gets i can get some more people on board. But yes i am willing to downsize to get it up and running.

You can take lot of models from WoW itself,from units,equipment to entire buildings.

Doing animations for Qiraji and other fancy creatures is gonna take a while,but i dont know how youre gonna make their settlements.Youll have to cave in a lot maybe.
    As for the map,getting all the milestone locations from WoW would make it beautiful indeed.

This will mean a huge mod size,you will want to reduce it by taking the important stuff and using the same stuff in multiple places.

True it is an ambitious faction list but certain factions will come along with others. All trolls are pretty much the same models just skin colour changes. Human factions just need banner changes for most units. My plan is to release an Alpha with the completed map and all factions present but named only. Pretty much medieval 2 unit rosters. Then hopefully with the interest a release gets i can get some more people on board. But yes i am willing to downsize to get it up and running.

Have you considered asking some of the creators of Third Age ?
    Call of warhammer also has very good models and animations ( altough I hear a lot of them are ported from other games so take it with a grain of salt.

The TATW team seemed to be doing a very good job however concerning units, armors and environments/landscapes/cities.

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast