Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233

Thread: Azeroth Total War

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Azeroth Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Eoghan Wolfkin View Post
    Don't worry about the old skeleton units, I've put them into that skeleton unit as armour upgrades. So, they'll still feature ingame just lower tier than they were previously.

I'm more than happy to do some unique units for the scarlets and the stroms.

Here are some ideas I've had so far:
    STROMGARDE
    Centurions (Large shield) (High Defence)
    Strom Marshalls (Knights with Two-handed swords) (High HP) (Two-bladed 2hsword)
    Order of the Fist Knights (Knights with Lances with Fist-shaped tips)

Scarlet Fanatics
    Scarlet Harbingers: A:21 D:17 HP:2 (Look like Herod from Scarlet Monastery?)

And also, a vargul I worked on today. https://ibb.co/hAgEVk
    Nice .

Yes, those ideas for elite units sounds very good. I looked up Gerod and yeah, he would be a good unique unit-base. What would the Scarlet Fanatics be like?

That Vargul looked really good and i guess is based on the Warhammer Gorgers? I got a message from WhiffOfGrapeshot by the way, and we have permission to use assets in Beginning of the End Times - he particularly stated that the Ogres could be reshaped into two-headed Warcraft Ogres. Also, the new version has Gyrocopter mounts that i could implement for the Dwarves. Possibly all of those siege engines could be re-skinned to Khazmodan color but it isn't of great importance..
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Don't worry about the old skeleton units, I've put them into that skeleton unit as armour upgrades. So, they'll still feature ingame just lower tier than they were previously.

STROMGARDE

Scarlet Fanatics

The Centurion idea sounds great. In the WC3 intro there can be seen several soldiers wielding large square shields and halberds, so how about making that unit common to the other human kingdoms? Basically a higher-than-footman tier of regular defensive infantry.

Also, I could not help but chuckle for a bit at the concept of the Fist Knights. Picture a ghoul getting punched in the face slow-mo by a fist-shaped lance.

The vargul already looks great, will it have weapons or be unarmed like ghouls/zombies?

STROMGARDE

Scarlet Fanatics

I reckon the "Fist knights" might need a somewhat better name
    Regarding the scarlets, their wowpedia page is filled with crusader types so their roster is almost given on a plate.
    I can post a hypothetical roster I had in mind if you want, if you arent already finished with them.

Eoghan Wolfkin's Avatar Civis

Indeed, the vargul/vrykul's will be using the gorger model (changed slightly) and animations. The one I previewed will be the 'vargul servant' unit, so no weapons. There is a higher tier vargul unit that will be wearing armour and weapons. That's good news about the animations and models also.

Scarlet Fanatics I imagined would be a low/mid tier unit that has locked morale. So fervent are they in the cause of the light that they show no fear. I'd need to look into the scarlet mobs from wow a bit more to get a sense of look, and perhaps more ideas as Jim said for the scarlets. I also agree about the "fist knights" name Order of the Hand?

Suggestions for unique units for the scarlets and strom would be gladly accepted also, but we must remember to not get carried away, so I'll add about 3 max unique units per faction.

P.S Which thread are we going to be posting in from now on? I only just realised that there was posting in the other warcraft total war thread

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Indeed, the vargul/vrykul's will be using the gorger model (changed slightly) and animations. The one I previewed will be the 'vargul servant' unit, so no weapons. There is a higher tier vargul unit that will be wearing armour and weapons. That's good news about the animations and models also.

Scarlet Fanatics I imagined would be a low/mid tier unit that has locked morale. So fervent are they in the cause of the light that they show no fear. I'd need to look into the scarlet mobs from wow a bit more to get a sense of look, and perhaps more ideas as Jim said for the scarlets. I also agree about the "fist knights" name Order of the Hand?

Suggestions for unique units for the scarlets and strom would be gladly accepted also, but we must remember to not get carried away, so I'll add about 3 max unique units per faction.

P.S Which thread are we going to be posting in from now on? I only just realised that there was posting in the other warcraft total war thread
    Ah, i thought i recognised the model as i myself thougt it would fit Warcraft even though the face felt wrong on the original Gorger - Vargul servant, is that the builders from WC3?

For the Scarlets my only tip is to have both genders represented. There are lots of female units in Hyrule and Warhammer one could use as a base. I do believe they are mostly women, Scarlet sounds female to me. But that¨s just my opinion and i do not really care about looks. I have some models you could possibly use as a base. Undying Nephalim allows the use of Hyrule assets.

I do think we should move to the old thread as we are working on Warcraft Total War after all.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Ah, i thought i recognised the model as i myself thougt it would fit Warcraft even though the face felt wrong on the original Gorger - Vargul servant, is that the builders from WC3?

For the Scarlets my only tip is to have both genders represented. There are lots of female units in Hyrule and Warhammer one could use as a base. I do believe they are mostly women, Scarlet sounds female to me. But that¨s just my opinion and i do not really care about looks. I have some models you could possibly use as a base. Undying Nephalim allows the use of Hyrule assets.

I do think we should move to the old thread as we are working on Warcraft Total War after all.
    The Vargul are the mindless undead versions of the Vrykul, which are a viking-like warrior race in service of the Lich King.

The Scarlet Crusade did indeed have a bunch of women, but then again so did most of WoW's factions. Makes sense for the Scarlets though, since they are the remnants of Lordaeron, which implies fewer people, thus women are necessary to fill the gaps in ranks, since a lot of the men had already died in the initial Scourge invasion.

So I guess all discussions are made on the other Warcraft thread now?