Thread: Some Ideas that I'm Considering

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Some Ideas that I'm Considering

Hello all, I've some ideas that I'm considering of implementing to the mod.

For Grand campaign;

*Adding few "province fertility bonus" to some sanitation buildings - preferably lvl 2+ city ones, lvl 3+ town ones.
    For Grand campaign.

I was (and still am) also thinking of "Reverse Climate change", for Grand campaign as well.
    To be like; -1 -2 -2 -1 something. Atm its -1 -2 -2 -3.

It seems that their trigger turn (round threshold) can be changed as well.

*Adding recruitment penalty to the low lvl imperiums (probably only 1 or 2)
    Or bonus to the some higher lvls.

Can also do the same with city buildings.
    Think like; Bigger city = More population and men to recruit, and the opposite for the Smaller.

My main purpose with this is to help bigger factions which AI doesn't seem to be handling well.
    I'm not gonna add some bonus garrison units something, thou thinking of few more "Bastion onagers" for Romans.

*A bit more Funding cap for Land and Naval AI armies. (For all campaigns)
    It's 10k v 5k by default but could be 12k v 6k something.

If AI is able to spend a bit more, they can recruit a bit more advanced units.
    Note that AI can't disband and recruit like player, units must die first.

These are all for now but there are other ideas that I have but no need feedback for them really, in my opinion that is.
    Though you can as well share your ideas that you think I should consider.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; February 18, 2018 at 06:21 AM.

Default Re: Some Ideas that I'm Considering - Feel Free to Share your Opinions!

Great mod! Thanks a lot, true pleasure to play it. Every start differs! Your diplomacy and CAI features are outstanding! Some feedback:

Climate changes in vanilla are relevant for me.

Onagers for AI are a bit cheaty i think, yesterday i had 1 battle were 2 onager ships totally destroy my 2 stack pikeman, i couldn't achieve such accuracy manually. Damn, i cant even destroy a watchtower sometimes.

About AI, i play as burgundians, had a puppet state danes on the north. they marked as aggressive and they do act like agressive faction. firstly they wiped jutes and geats to control province, then they sailed to Britain and raided the rest towns of this faction. I really enjoyed to watch them, as they act like me, when i play as nordmen.

For future plans, i would to see some edicts changes. For barbarian factions, imho, edits are cheaty (lets take +religion, barbarians get +4 religion and eastern factions +1 per province (+3 total).

As for priests. Maybe it would be more relevant to have 2 on second emperium? Im currently in 410 AD, I have 2 regions and 2 separate provinces. 1 priest cant manage to spread religion to all these regions. It is good that im playing as burgundians (they dont have other religions at the start), but if I'd play eastern faction it would magor issue.

P.S. I also played some 40 turns for aksum, it was totally new for me, cuz Nobata betrayed ERE and capped 5 towns (including Alexandria), plus Alans showed their faces in the region. So after 40 turns i ended playing as friends with ERE and Sassanids. Usually I have one of those as main enemies. So every campaign is unique, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuka View Post
    Great mod! Thanks a lot, true pleasure to play it. Every start differs! Your diplomacy and CAI features are outstanding!
    Hello, thanks you too for compliments and the feedback!

However I didn't do any changes with Diplomacy and randomness (Faction leader personality) is already in the vanilla game
    Thou some AI priority changes might have changed AI's reactions to be more active/agressive -even during peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuka
    Some feedback:

Climate changes in vanilla are relevant for me.

Onagers for AI are a bit cheaty i think, yesterday i had 1 battle were 2 onager ships totally destroy my 2 stack pikeman, i couldn't achieve such accuracy manually. Damn, i cant even destroy a watchtower sometimes.

About AI, i play as burgundians, had a puppet state danes on the north. they marked as aggressive and they do act like agressive faction. firstly they wiped jutes and geats to control province, then they sailed to Britain and raided the rest towns of this faction. I really enjoyed to watch them, as they act like me, when i play as nordmen.

For future plans, i would to see some edicts changes. For barbarian factions, imho, edits are cheaty (lets take +religion, barbarians get +4 religion and eastern factions +1 per province (+3 total).

As for priests. Maybe it would be more relevant to have 2 on second emperium? Im currently in 410 AD, I have 2 regions and 2 separate provinces. 1 priest cant manage to spread religion to all these regions. It is good that im playing as burgundians (they dont have other religions at the start), but if I'd play eastern faction it would magor issue.

P.S. I also played some 40 turns for aksum, it was totally new for me, cuz Nobata betrayed ERE and capped 5 towns (including Alexandria), plus Alans showed their faces in the region. So after 40 turns i ended playing as friends with ERE and Sassanids. Usually I have one of those as main enemies. So every campaign is unique, thanks again!
    Climate changes and Fertility are programmed that way so that all factions would either go to West or South (or in-between)
    AI also programmed to attack fertile regions, while abondoning Non-fertile ones (Going horde mode) or ignoring.

I've increased the ratio/priority of attacking Non-fertile ones (Still lower than Fertile ones), so as you can see they do colonize a lot, even the Easternmost ones.

But still Fertility values are very low, max is 5 and only a couple provinces have it at the beginning.
    So I might include few Fertility bonus to some Sanitation buildings.

There are of course other ways and other mods regarding Fertility but mostly need a new game and conflict with other mods that alter startpos.

Well I've lowered Artillery accuracy before but I think AI has some accuracy multiplier or something, which wish we could find and change but most likely its hard-coded.

For watch towers you can try archers, thou sometimes it takes a bit too long to burn them

I've done few Edict editing before but I'll see.
    And yea I know that Eastern factions have some problems with Religion stuff but maybe they are supposed to be..

Well until 5th imperium I was "OK" with priest number but with 5th it has become a problem so I've increased the number limit by 1 (next update)
    The reason why I kept limits like this is that agents can be very effective and AI also uses them a lot (thou I'll lower the budget allocation % and cap for it)

However its very easy to change such things
    Just open the mod with PFM and go to "fame_levels" -and preferably choose a campaign from the "campaign_key" list to confuse yourself much less.

I kinda think that I've made Nords very powerful. Neither seasickness nor high-sea attrition, nor snow attrition
    So as you can see I've given few little bonusses to Celts but idk if thats good enough.

I'm glad that you like the mod and more importantly sharing your experiences, which only few seem to do, time to time.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; April 05, 2016 at 06:08 AM.

So i'm testing new version as garamantians. Pretty solid gameplay, ur edicts changes suits more than vanilla. Can something be done with negative treats new generals have? Almost all of them got "boring", "stupid" etc upon recruitment. So i have to quicksave and reload, so generals dont have negative treats. Optaining positive treats is very rare, like my main general get "good attacker" in 10 years of fighting, but he can easerly receive "out of favor" just visiting my own town :/

Thanks!

I also hate that stupid vanilla traits mechanism and I was going to make changes about it looong time ago, until I've learned that it can't be done without scripting that is..

There is a Traits overhaul mod however, I'd prefer my own but well idk if I'll have enough time to invest for one

After playing some campaigns i have a feeling that Rome and other huge factions perform well only if i dont mess with them. Like i start invading in Spain, they move all forces to Spain and got raped by celts, nordmen and barbarians in the North. So in like 40 turns WRE or ERE got slaughtered and have 5 to 10 provinces by minor factions. AI is too agressive (im talking about minor factions), they just conquer 1 region per turn or some with 1 full stack. If, for example, i play as aksum and at war with hymiar and nobata, ERE performs well and keep almost all its territories. Same with Slavs and WRE. Maybe its possible to make AI agressiveness like 30% to 70% (30% agressive factions, 70% defensive), so they think more about defence, not just offence. Cuz all this lead to huge rebellion factions with 20+ regions, 90% of those regions half sacked for ages

Yea I'm aware of those issues, typical vanilla stuff. AI just can't handle big factions.. Problem is not the money nor public order stuff..
    I'd say Army cap has an effect in this but I don't think they ever reach the max of it, but I might increase the limits a bit, for some Imperium lvls.

About AI being so Agressive stuff..
    Well I think I can help with that, however making "Agressive" faction very "Defensive" might not be a very good idea, maybe a bit, I was also considering that.
    You also might tell me that "reduce possibility of Agressive faction personality" but I don't want to go for it.

About Forced march:
    The idea for this mechanic is good, but it causes many problems.
    While it should have been helping to big factions more than it does to minor factions, it does the reverse.

Because big factions like ERE, WRE going back and forth with it again and again without recruiting units properly.

I've been playing a campaign without it for about 20 years and map is very different than usual.
    I'll make a thread for it. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t-Forced-March

Meanwhile I think of adding a "Desertion" effect for Forced march - Double stance, if possible.
    Idk if that would help or not but if I can, I'll try.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nd-Double-Time
    Last edited by SharpEyed; February 18, 2018 at 06:32 AM.