Thread: The Senate love me too much

Default The Senate love me too much

So I've basically played through a standard Julii campaign, at which I've obtained over 60 settlements and could end at any moment if I wanted by taking Rome (Or continue). The strange thing is, not once throughout this campaign have the Senate ever threatened me or asked for my leader to commit suicide, and my relations with them is actually the best out of the three factions (6/10, whereas Scipii and Brutii are at 5/10). This is especially odd given I have max 10/10 popularity with the people. No civil war has happened, no outlawing, no nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if I could go on to play this campaign until there's nothing left but the allied Romans.

Have any of you ever had similar experiences? I'm playing the Steam version, which I noticed has the Barbarian Invasion load screen at the start. Is it using the BI launcher? Could this be affecting the campaign AI? Or is this all just by chance?

Laetus

Default Re: The Senate love me too much

It might just be coincidence, LegendofTotalWar got a chance for power, to attack Rome itself in 262BC... It's just how you play the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LMg...ffNbRm&index=7

Same thing happened to me in my Julii campaign. I own practically the whole map and the only non-Roman faction alive is Scythia (my protectorate). My best guess is that part of how the Senate perceives you is a army strength ratio between you and the other factions. Do the other Roman houses have roughly the same size armies as you do?

Stop doing Senate missions and see if you get a chance for power when they stop loving you.
    You say you can take Rome.. This would surely start the civil war.

It's weird that your game uses the BI loading screen btw. Are you using any mods?