Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Herakleios: War of Three Faiths

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: Herakleios: War of Three Faiths

Would have been nice to be adviced about all this, since I can assume there are here not only Sebidee's units but also ones I made for Radious, even if a bit reworked

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

Really great work, 8 years ago I tried to create a similar mod for Medieval II Total War called "Rise of the Caliphate" but sadly I had to end it due to a lack of skilled modders. I have a lot of research covering this period which I am happy to share with you (as well as pictures of recent numismatic stuff from this period )
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Thread moved from the main Attila Modifications forum.

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Babur View Post
    Really great work, 8 years ago I tried to create a similar mod for Medieval II Total War called "Rise of the Caliphate" but sadly I had to end it due to a lack of skilled modders. I have a lot of research covering this period which I am happy to share with you (as well as pictures of recent numismatic stuff from this period )
    I think you should post what you have, since in general I think it's a bit difficult to find any accurate information regarding the early Muslim armies, and 600-ish era Roman and Sassanid armies aren't usually covered in that much detail either. I don't know if this mod is still being worked on, but it might still be an interesting read if you posted a "general overview" of the armies of the period or something along those lines.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, of the Imperial House of Hader

mhawari's Avatar Miles

It this mod is still continue ?

mod is amazing, but my game crush every single time in 89 turn (endturn) when reached Burgundy

Is this mod still alive?
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

Want to do a reskin submod for this at some point, such a cool time period.

I think Rashidun needs some powerful very light chargers from the Tanukhid roster.

I'm also curious to know if this mod still has someone working on it. I tried it out for the first time a short while ago and it looked promising. What news do we have on this? I might be interested in chipping in at a later time if such a thing is needed.

just started a campaign, you guys have clearly done a fair bit of work on this, so congrats.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    just started a campaign, you guys have clearly done a fair bit of work on this, so congrats.
    Can you share link download ?

I am currently playing this as the ERE on Very Hard. So far I've been enjoying it, but I've come across what appear to be pretty blatant bugs that are detracting from that enjoyment.

1) If you build "Wheatfields" then you'll LOSE food! I noticed this when I upgraded a field to a Wheatfield in a province without a food shortage. Upon completion of the Wheatfield, I lost 20 food in that province which triggered a food shortage. It appears Wheatfields are actually losing the amount of food that they're supposed to provide.

2) If you build a 2nd tier military barracks for the ERE then you will no longer be able to recruit some of the units that were available with the 1st tier barracks. For example, upon building an 2nd tier cavalry barracks in Constantinople I was no longer able to recruit: Funditores, Numerous Invictorum, Symachoi Longobards, and Hippo Toxotai. These were all available with just base 1st tier barracks, but disappeared upon completion of the 2nd tier cavalry barracks. I also noticed losing recruitment options upon building the 2nd tier infantry barracks in other provinces. Is this WAD (and if it is then what's the reasoning behind it?) Or is just a mistake?

3) The game has female general models on the campaign map for the Garamantions. (Why do the Garamantions have female generals?) Yet, these models are missing the lower half of their bodies. Obviously, that doesn't look good.

4) The Sword Heerban unit is suffering from a serious graphical glitch on the battle map- their cloaks transform into gigantic, flashing, metallic-looking triangles. It is really distracting.

5) The replay feature doesn't appear to work with battles from this mod. I've suffered repeatable CTDs trying to load replays of the battles that I've fought. (The game appears to finish loading the replay and then it just stops responding prior to reaching the battle map.)

I was really enjoying my campaign. So, I kept playing despite the bugs. I worked around the Wheatfield issue by simply not building them or converting existing ones to sheep or cattle pastures. And I worked around the barracks' issue by either not building 2nd tier ones or having a nearby 1st tier one so I can keep recruiting base units. Still, I did see how these issues effected the AI because it can't work around them. I saw "starving" AI nations. I also ran into a number of AI armies consisting totally of just one type of unit: all spearmen or all slingers. (I also saw Rebel armies with nothing but artillery units.)

This mod has immense potential, but as of now it appears to be pretty unpolished.
    Last edited by MKeogh; February 07, 2017 at 04:03 PM.

Ive found heaps of bugs, from units not being available for recruitment from any building type, to CTDs, incorrectly named towns etc, and incorrect emergent factions.

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So I love this mod so much, but I wanted to know - What happened to Iustinianus Augustus-Restitutor Imperii? The mod has just disappeared, are you guys still working on it?

Doubt it. They said it was being merged with this one as the main mod, but even this is bugged beyond being fully playable. There is broken aspects to it that cause crashes when campaign do certain things. Could be turn one, could be turn 101.

CPU

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Previews!?

can you add a no steam download link pls.
    btw i like this mod & a great think to see islam in total war, good job

I can only hope that this mod isn't died yet

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Dead

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast