Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Herakleios: War of Three Faiths

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Herakleios: War of Three Faiths

Oh bloody hell Majorian don't make us wait!

To Majorian: could you say something about release this mod?
    Any chance in this month?
    What wili be your next project?
    What do you thing about mid III century?

Civis

this mod looks amazing! great job! do you need to have the salvic dlc in order to play this mod?

This could be a sensitive subject for some but I say screw them and let us enjoy the mod.

Why is the emperor of the romans dressed as a petty king when he should be covered in gold and emeralds or at least dressed in military attire?

@zig&sharko: I will release it today in a few hours.
    @LordVader: I dont see why this subject should be sensitive. If somebody really has a problem that I make a mod of a successor caliph, they really have a boring live tbh. On the other hand, if somebody tries to make white supremacist propaganda on the steam page I will delete it. But as far as I have seen on steam and twcenter nobody has a problem with it, in the end it is a mod.
    @juanplay: Well, I will change it if you make the textures for it
    @djangoo: No not really but here are the factions with DLC
    Samo's Empire, Sclaveni - Slavic DLC
    Danes - Viking DLC
    Axum - Desert DLC
    for the other you dont need any dlc

I was thinking you could use the last roman DLC assets, especifically Justinianīs armor that should be in the gameīs files.

Why does Sindh use Tanukhid faction symbol??? And also r there going to be new Islamic units for Rashidun Caliphate???Why are the franks playable as a single faction. Weren't they divided into Austrasia and neustria during that period???Will Makuria be made playable???Also I think the Gokturks should be present as a horde in the game.Also the Bulgar's religion should be Tengrism instead of Zoroastrianism.I hope you will address these in the next update
    Last edited by huascar; April 10, 2016 at 03:28 AM.

We use the Tanukhid Separatist Symbol, which fits the faction well in my opinion. I renamed and reskinned the Units of the Rashidun Caliphate, which was the Garamantian Unit Roster. The Franks was in this time divided into Neustria, Austrasia, Burgundy and Aquitania (Duchy of Bavaria was more or less a satrapy) as you see in our first screenshots we wanted to divide them into this factions, but after some playthroughs I felt like it is very boring to play Neustria, because your options are so limited. So I merged Austria and Neustria and Burgundy into the Frankish Kingdom with Bavaria and Aquitania as Duchies. Dagobert I was King of all Franks from 629 - 634, but Austrasia was ruled by his son Sigebert III, his other son Clovis II was King of Burgundy and Neustria. The Frankish Kingdom would be difficult to reflect. I think one single faction with 2 duchies much more enjoyable. The Gok Turks have new units, but are settled, I dont want hordes wandering arround. The Bulgar religion was a mix of Zoroastrianism and Tengrism, but their temples looked like Sassanids ones. Either way it isnt very important because you easily convert to tengri. Hopefully this was enough

It is released! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=662742714 here the steam link, hope you like it

Well mate you answered all my questions except about Makuria being playable or not???Regarding Islamic Caliphate units you could have added Tanukhid and Lakhmid units into it as well as it would have fitted historically.Also I think the Sindhis were Buddhists at this time as were the Kushano-Hepthalites. Also I hope that you release a non-steam link for this mod download as well.

Is possible to add a non-steam link too? Please

TheShah's Avatar Foederatus

Great mod, but there are some errors: Rostam and Farrukhzad weren't that disloyal, in fact they were Yazdegerd's most loyal generals. Furthermore, Farrukhzad was younger than Rostam. And why aren't the Rashiduns at war against the Byzantines and Sasanians? Furthermore, Merv was a Sasanian outpost at the time, not Hephthalite. The Hephthalites controlled Herat at that time, while the Kidarite Kingdom had been destroyed some time ago.

EDIT: Ops, they are actually at war, my bad. But please think about the other things I said.

EDIT: And Caucasian Albania isn't a Sasanian puppet state in the game, which it should should be, since the kingdom first declared independence under Javanshir in 637/8.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Majorian View Post
    It is released! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=662742714 here the steam link, hope you like it
    Great. Going to subscribe now !
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

@TheShah: Do you have steam? If yes I would add you to the Dev Group so you can write the ideas there.
    @Hidra&huascar: I upload a zip-file on dropbox

Wow, this looks great! But do you have a link to the dropbox?

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

I've only given it a glimpse I admit but just wanted to make a sliiiiiiiiight criticism.

I'm a little disappointed that we don't have a native British faction, it also annoyed me slightly that both Wessex and Northumbria still had the Viking raiders trait given that they were surely quite settled by then.

MitchXIII's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks for this mod! I tried playing with the Roman Empire but it looks like no building provides you with recruitable units. Could you have a look into this?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast