Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.1 bug report

Default 3.1 bug report

Where are we doing bug reports for 3.1?

I have encountered a problem with Annuminas in the Elven campaign. Trying to retake Annuminas from Adunabar I have found that the towers do not work, not on any wall segment, not with any unit. This is not the traditional tower bug, as it is present along the entire wall, and there is none of the characteristic milling of units normally observed.

Default Re: 3.1 bug report

This is from the export_descr_character_traits document. Do my eyes deceive me? Should not one of these triggers omit the "not"?

Trigger hunter_stay_outside
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition not EndedInSettlement
    and Trait RaceDwarf < 1

Affects Hunter 1 Chance 3

;------------------------------------------

Trigger hunter_stay_inside
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition not EndedInSettlement
    and Trait RaceDwarf < 1

Affects Hunter 1 Chance 1

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    Where are we doing bug reports for 3.1?

I have encountered a problem with Annuminas in the Elven campaign. Trying to retake Annuminas from Adunabar I have found that the towers do not work, not on any wall segment, not with any unit. This is not the traditional tower bug, as it is present along the entire wall, and there is none of the characteristic milling of units normally observed.
    Here is fine. That is a very strange sounding bug, I'll have a look at it in my build when I get the time.

Good spot on the trait bug, I believe you are correct there.

I am going to try assaulting Annuminas with stacks from different factions to see if the problem might be with unit or faction specific tower models.

I have not been able to find any units, or any towers, that will work on Annuminas.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

So, I tested Annuminas myself and it worked fine. Wambat, can you send me your savegame?

Did i ever send in a saved game for this bug? I don't recall. At any rate, same problem with Dol Amroth; so, apparently it has to do with the walls in common with those two cities. Here is a save file:
    Attached Files Attached Files

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Thanks Wambat, will check it out.

edit - Had a test, and it's definitely a bug of some sort, possibly related to that map under/overlay. Now to work out why it only happens with that wall level and not the smaller ones, and that map only and not the other ones (such as Hornburg/Minas Ithil).
    Last edited by webba84; June 26, 2016 at 07:12 AM.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

By the way, if anyone has some spare time to test this issue identified by Wambat it would be really appreciated. We need to know why it only happens with this level of walls and what exactly is causing it.

Just noticed that Threeways is not allowing the construction of Carpentry projects, despite having the Construction Charter available. This issue is coming up playing Elves. Anybody noticed this as another faction?
    Attached Files Attached Files

webba84's Avatar Artifex

No wood in Threeways so nobody will be able to build carpenters there. Construction charter is also used for stone and iron, the latter of which Threeways does have. The iron industry needs mines first, or in the case of the elves the Mining Colony SB, which is why it's not showing up for you yet.

Two things I noticed recently:

I don't seem to be able to recruit or retrain units while besieged. Maybe this is normal and I just don't get besieged much?

Wain bows that are assigned the lieutenant end up losing a man as a consequence is the unit already has an even number of troops. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this. Maybe give the lieutenant a separate pony in formation with the wains?

The inability to train/retrain units while besieged is a standard RTW thing. You must do a good job of avoiding sieges!

I don't know about the other issue. Is the problem that the unit loses firepower as a result (because there's no one to shoot one of the ballistae?)?
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    The inability to train/retrain units while besieged is a standard RTW thing. You must do a good job of avoiding sieges!

I don't know about the other issue. Is the problem that the unit loses firepower as a result (because there's no one to shoot one of the ballistae?)?
    I am such a miser I cannot stand the loss of trade income. I am usually overcautious and make sure to place forts to intercept on likely paths of approach. The last time I was besieged was in my RK campaign and I was not doing much recruitment as RK. This time I was too focused on getting as many units on Rhovanion's territory as possible, and rather expected Rhun to attack RK with all the stacks they had piled up on, and over, Rk's border.

The issue with the Wain Bows is that the lieutenant displaces a normal soldier who would be a gunner. At the end of the battle the lieutenant disappears, but the gunner does not return, so the unit will be down a man even if the unit took no damage in the battle. I think you can see this happening in Tulkas's Dwarven LP; it is a particularly damning bug when playing small unit size as it effectively cuts the unit's firepower in half.

Ahh. Maybe Webba will have an idea regarding the issue.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

I am changing that unit size recommendation to a requirement...
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

webba84's Avatar Artifex

LOL.

Not sure about the Wain Bows thing, but I can do some experimenting. I'm not a fan of chariots (in any version of TW) and don't usually use them, so this is new to me.

I just asked the Shire for 100 mirian to see what would happen: they gifted me 40k.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

They're a generous people. Did they give you any cake?
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Nope, but it seams this is breaking my diplomacy game. I don't guess there is anything to be done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast