Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Photo Gallery

Default Re: Photo Gallery

Damn! The last one Demokritos! outstanding picture. Yes Phal it's raining indeed but the epic thing on this photo is the fact that Demokritos placed the hoplites infront of flames so the shine on their armours give him as a result a WONDERFUL GRAPHICS.!!!
    +rep!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Holy mother of screenshots! Last one is probably the best picture I ever saw for any TW game!
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Thank you, guys. You're just too kind.

The last shot was by pure coincidence. The King of Argos was attacked without warning in the city of Mantinea by two fully equipped armies from Koinon Akaion and had no choice in regard to weather conditions. And then it just happened that he needed to support his troops the most right there on that street. When it was all over, it was like dusk was setting in and a fire was burning in a building nearby. Timotheos had won the biggest battle of his reign. A glorious moment. And it seemed as if the Gods of Olympos themselves wished to emphasize the golden quality of his achievement...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Just wanted to show some examples of how one can roleplay this great mod.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 16, 2016 at 01:26 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Beotian campaign finished! 120 turns VH/VH difficulties.

AMAZING Tene and right on the planned time!! Good job. Did you have a fun time over all?

Yes of course, scripted historical invansions, having to plan carefully the strategy, keeping an eye on the PO for the first time in any tw game...lot of things that makes this mod enjoyable indeed!

@TB - Finishing a Hellenika campaign on VH/VH in 120 turns is very impressive. I didn't know in what manner Hellenika changed the difficulty settings, so opted for H/H in my first campaign for testing, and have found the replenishment system a real challenge if being at war against five other factions at the same time, their navies being able to strike at so many different targets on a given season, own army transports for strategical regrouping of defensive forces being so slow and vulnerable at sea etc. One step even more challenging than that...wow.

Well, found another reason to contribute in essence to this thread, just to spread some fun around. This time I have something of almost artistic water-colour quality, capturing a scene with a variety in composition, which gives quite different effect...
    Argives vs Achaeans

GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Thanks for the kind words mate my advise is to follow the Phal advises: Plan carefully your strategy, check where your enemies are never leave regions without a small stack army patrolling the area just in case of a betrayal or a loss of territory by your allies, etc.

Nice pics! +rep

Edit: My today's 2 cents:

Last edited by Tenerife_Boy; April 20, 2016 at 09:57 AM.

Democritos you have an artistic eye my friend.. You find beauty where i wouldn't think to look for. Cheers.
    (I would give more rep but i saw you have disabled the feature..)
    First opr Second pic go to the mod's page on Steam also..

@TB - That's the best shot I've seen from you so far. It's got this artistic quality that I like, from that limited yet harmonious colour palette and simple pattern in the forms that produces something greater than the content, if you know what I mean. Nicely captured!

As for the strategical thinking, Hellenika definitely demands more of it than vanilla. And that is only one of the things that makes this mod a richer game experience. Wish one could hand out a gold fleur-de-lis straight away to each member of this mod team.

@Phalangitis - Glad you like the images. I'm trying to show that this mod can bring so much fun in the visuals alone, if one cares to look around a little.

As for the rep status thing, it's my way of showing that I don't care for the rep system on this site much. I mean, I don't mind handing out and receiving rep for well-deserved contributions to the community, but there should be a greater distinction in rep values. As it stands now, publishing a mod (after months of work) that gives ten thousand users hours of added entertainment (like Hellenika) may earn you one rep point equal to one for telling a simple joke or something. In this way, a guy showing a red fleur-de-lis in rep status here may actually have done less for the community than a fellow with a gold fleur-de-lis (even though, technically, it takes ten gold to get one red). In other words, the number of reps a given member has recieved doesn't really tell his or her worth to the community. Might as well hide the lot then (keep it private).

Speaking of contributions to the community, there could have been an artifex badge under my username, too, if I had wanted to. Was offered one long ago, but thought the system for getting it was backwards, so declined the opportunity.

I guess I have a philosopher's name for a reason.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 22, 2016 at 06:52 AM.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Thanks for the kind words mate my advise is to follow the Phal advises: Plan carefully your strategy, check where your enemies are never leave regions without a small stack army patrolling the area just in case of a betrayal or a loss of territory by your allies, etc.

Nice pics! +rep

Edit: My today's 2 cents:

Aluminum beards!

Hellenika is a must!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160416231528_1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    As it stands now, publishing a mod (after months of work) that gives ten thousand users hours of added entertainment (like Hellenika) may earn you one rep point equal to one for telling a simple joke or something.
    So , so , so true..

Democritos my friend you maybe denied the artifex badge, but a special "philosopher" badge should be awarded to you..
    People with your way of thinking are truly rare...

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    Democritos my friend you maybe denied the artifex badge, but a special "philosopher" badge should be awarded to you..
    People with your way of thinking are truly rare...
    And you, dear M@x1mus, should get a special badge for friendliness. There are not many arround who are as supportive and civil in behaviour as you are, either. For that, I take the opportunity to thank you.

@Hoplite of Ilis - Fully agree. And you bring a nice visual argument for it. Korinthioi?

Argos!

Thank you Demokritos for your kind words really!

@Lambh and Demo the hopites in the post #52 are the Korinthian bodyguard!

And this is the mora of Sparta

Nice one M@x

M@x - Nice picture of you, me and Phal lol
    Antisotropic in this game is ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast