Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why it was done like this ??

Default Re: Why it was done like this ??

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    I dont know why it is not done.FOr example in my case i did not had any problems beforee. I dont mind micromanaging so i did not feel the need to add such button but i can see that it will make gameplay a bit easier.. Anyway i have finished implementing it already. Just adding it to the various skirmishing units. When i finish the units will re-check but 99% it is done and all will work ok.

I´m amazed you got it working that fast man. Waiting for it badly.

Update is beeing uploaded as we speak.(Steam version)

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    I dont know why it is not done.FOr example in my case i did not had any problems beforee. I dont mind micromanaging so i did not feel the need to add such button but i can see that it will make gameplay a bit easier.. Anyway i have finished implementing it already. Just adding it to the various skirmishing units. When i finish the units will re-check but 99% it is done and all will work ok.

Well i dont mind micromanaging also but yes this button helps . Good one Rex Romanorum.

Yaiiiii finally. This should be in VV aswell.

Hi there first of all I love this mod. I love the realism and the rich history involved and I thank you for your hard work. The only thing I don't really like is the way in which some spartan units route very easily one of which being spartan youths. I noticed the heavier spartan hoplite units have a bigger buff in terms of morale but if I'm not mistaken they may still route in battle if enough casualties happen. I have read many texts regarding the way in which spartans never surrender and stand their ground to the last and that it is the ultimate disgrace for a spartan to retreat, I'm wondering why this has not been implemented in the mod?? I can understand for helots and skirmish units but I feel like it's a bit ridiculous the way my spartan youths are retreating with only a fraction of casualties? Should the youths not be the ones trying hard to prove themselves in battle??

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeHoplite97 View Post
    Hi there first of all I love this mod. I love the realism and the rich history involved and I thank you for your hard work. The only thing I don't really like is the way in which some spartan units route very easily one of which being spartan youths. I noticed the heavier spartan hoplite units have a bigger buff in terms of morale but if I'm not mistaken they may still route in battle if enough casualties happen. I have read many texts regarding the way in which spartans never surrender and stand their ground to the last and that it is the ultimate disgrace for a spartan to retreat, I'm wondering why this has not been implemented in the mod?? I can understand for helots and skirmish units but I feel like it's a bit ridiculous the way my spartan youths are retreating with only a fraction of casualties? Should the youths not be the ones trying hard to prove themselves in battle??
    This would make Sparta impossible to defeat in the game

Yes Spartans were more disciplined and had overall much higher morale than other Poleis hoplites...But Spartans avoided battle a lot more than others and tried not to get themselves into overly risky engagements. We can all thank the movie 300 for enforcing a very unrealistic image of the Spartans.

There was a famous battle in the Peloponnesian war (which this mod is based on!) called Sphacteria.
    In this battle you will see Spartans retreat and eventually surrender.

I suggest using your champions to "re-train" your forces to ensure they have as much XP as possible to avoid unwanted routing.

Why is army movement range this insanely large? I can attack Corinth in the same turn as Athens, retreating fleets make an entire Odyssey when they retreat...

Why does Argos have a huge penalty for "expansionism"?

Why is every faction "Unreliable" or "Treacherous"?

I essentially feel like I am neutered on the diplomacy part, nobody wants to do anything with me, even if we are in the green. Also Mantinea declared war on me, although we were in "green", just wtf... This is not a historical experience, definitely.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 06, 2020 at 01:33 PM.

Demosthenes26's Avatar Libertus

Not a mod team member, but I don't recall having any of those issues playing hellenika...are you using the original version or that modified one some guy just uploaded to steam recently? If you are using that version then that steam page is the place to ask.

Be sure to check out the manual, especially the diplomacy section: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...llenika-Manual

I don't recall Argos having a stock expansionism trait, they should be neutral for a set amount of time. If you have captured a major city outright(Corinth, Athens, Thebes, Sparta) however you will have a large diplomatic penalty with other greeks (since it is a major step towards hegemony, and coalitions always formed to fight the hegemon) that can be offset by taking Sardis from the Persians (though the Persians will hate you just as much for that). Also this can be avoided by reducing any major faction to that city only and them making them a client state, though they are likely to rebel periodically. Diplomatic relations definitely have to be built up from the start, but its possible campaign difficulty could make it even less manageable.

Also for movement range - in my experience navies can move a long ways (as is historical given the scale of the map and speed of sailing/rowing vs marching) and armies are frustratingly slow - I reckon 2-3 turns to siege Corinth from Athens - so I'm not really sure how you are getting there in one turn.

Athens Resurgent - Athens overhaul submod for DEI: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...n-amp-Overhaul
    DEI Naval Combat Guide: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...l-Combat-Guide

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345