Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Adrianoso you did not answer my questions and these are important questions for me to understand the problem.
    Do older save games of the campaign work? Does a new campaign start normaly?Or you face even in these cases problems?

I'm sorry, i though the "all" would have well answered your questions.
    No, older saves did not work at all, it was the same problem (i have 3 saves). And no, a new campaign does not change anything.
    That is why i'm trying to download the mod again.
    Thank you for according me some time with my problem. (I hope Tenerife Boy )
    Last edited by Ardionso; April 10, 2016 at 02:04 PM.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Ardionso check if it has spread to wos without mods, it happened to me and I found a solution

@Adrianoso yes indeed "All" covers everything but in my loong interactions with the public sometimes things must be clarified in detail..
    @LInke Yess indeed. It has happened to me also in the past. For no reason i could not even load vanilla.
    Linke what did you do to fix it ? I repaired game cache and it worked. I ask because Johnoagrios faces the same issue with even vanilla game but repairing did not helped him.

I have some good news (mostly good news for me :3), my game now work with the mod.
    As i said, i tried to re-download the steam version of the mod again, and the problem was even worst since the game exited by itself at the very begining of the launch.
    Checking the cache and repairing it did not change anything after that.
    I simply decided to delete the evil steam version in order to download the non-steam version, and it work.
    And even better, it seems that i can play with my save ! (tell me if there is some risks of little incompatibilities, it seems not at this moment, but i am not sure).*

Thank you for the time you have generously granted to me, i am now very happy to be able to play this incredible mod again. Now it is the time for my Athenians to get hammered by Beotians and Spartans .

Cool.. You also give me a nice idea for the future Non steam updates. I will always leave the previus version on and the new versions will be provided with different link so you could check compatibility before you upgrade..
    In Greece we say if it ends well all well..

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I (and some other people in dei forum) were faced with even more problem, everytime wos, modded or vanilla was launched then the "greek" pack file containing the dlc was deleted (no ing idea why), if you got it back by rehashing cache then the launcher would crash when launching, in the progress deleting the pack file. Only solution is to copy the greek pack file (in data) to another location where it isn't deleted and manually insert it everytime AFTER the game is launched

Guys i dont know why you face such weird effect in agents.. I do not. I have been testing them 2 days now and nothhing as described noticed. few exaples

SPY- POISONING

Before the attack [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    You see all bars are the same except the general unit that has lost 14 men (he had 70 and now 54 )

Case 2
    [IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    Again 14 losses from 120 to 106
    On top of this a champion attacks losses 2 (from 106 to 104)
    [IMG][/IMG]

I got many many more pics and all reproduce the same. Minor casualties. In any case i will try to tweak a bit more and we try again.. I have seen many strange stuff in steam currently my only guess is a corrupt upload. Also if anyone has a save from the champion that attacks and kills an entire unit please send it to me to check also. Thanks

EDIT As you see these are from advanced game (420 BC) and those agents are advanced in levele also.
    Last edited by Phalangitis; April 13, 2016 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    I (and some other people in dei forum) were faced with even more problem, everytime wos, modded or vanilla was launched then the "greek" pack file containing the dlc was deleted (no ing idea why), if you got it back by rehashing cache then the launcher would crash when launching, in the progress deleting the pack file. Only solution is to copy the greek pack file (in data) to another location where it isn't deleted and manually insert it everytime AFTER the game is launched
    Hey Linke, we had the same problem, remember? If you change the name (place a 1 after Greek. Ex: greek1.pack) it will not delete anymore. Should help you from having to keep adding it back.

New update:

20 attempts to poisoning provisions... no successful attempt.

They can only work if a critical hit lands..I think you just got unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    They can only work if a critical hit lands..I think you just got unlucky
    I think it's just splendit! It was level 1 spy. Before new update spy killed 5-6% of all enemy army almost each attempt. It was awful but not now.

You nerfed skirmishers else, you reduced AI's morale, removed the fact with Kythera...

Thanks Oskar. We try to keep an open mind. We dont rush to make the mod easier since to make it easier is ... easy. The problem is making it a tough-challenging experience. In cases though we were confirmed gone overboard we are willing to fine tune our choices.
    Thanks to all for constructive feedback

I have encountered a bug when I started with Sparta a new campaign. A spartan general, Pleistoanax Agiados, is spawning on Krete, near Knossos, after the end of the first turn. Not sth game breaking at all, but when the message popped up later in game about him being available, I understood that he was not supposed to be there from the second turn.

Except that little thing, the game is great so far with your mod, especially after the update!

If I find sth else I'll inform you.

Quote Originally Posted by HKM View Post
    I have encountered a bug when I started with Sparta a new campaign. A spartan general, Pleistoanax Agiados, is spawning on Krete, near Knossos, after the end of the first turn. Not sth game breaking at all, but when the message popped up later in game about him being available, I understood that he was not supposed to be there from the second turn.

Except that little thing, the game is great so far with your mod, especially after the update!

If I find sth else I'll inform you.
    No it's not a bug
    If you read the message that poped up carefully you will see that we inform you that Pleistoanax is avalaible but he is in Krete atm so dispand him to return to Sparta.
    We make this happen in purpose!

M@x I think he is right Pleistoanaxis not supposed to pop up in second turn.. This must be my mistake from when i made the check for his spawn coordinates. I will fix it asap. (i need more than an hour uploading though

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    No it's not a bug
    If you read the message that poped up carefully you will see that we inform you that Pleistoanax is avalaible but he is in Krete atm so dispand him to return to Sparta.
    Very well implemented and hsitorical accurate! Hellenika team +1 point!

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    No it's not a bug
    M@x you misunderstood what my point was. It's that he is spawning at the second round and not when the message pops up later in the game.

Thanks for the replies guys and the quick fix Phalangitis!

Quote Originally Posted by HKM View Post
    M@x you misunderstood what my point was. It's that he is spawning at the second round and not when the message pops up later in the game.

Thanks for the replies guys and the quick fix Phalangitis!
    Ah sorry mate! My mistake ..

Np M@x! Take care