Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    I suppose you are declaring war on Argos. I quote from the manual
    "ARGOS 30 YEARS TRUCE TREATY
    Added the Argive truce script. When you are not playing as Argos it will remain neutral until 420 BC (very important for the Spartan campaign)
    In History Argos was protected until 420 BC from a previous treaty of 30 years neutrality (which ended in 420) . So you cannot declare war to Argos or Argos to anyone. When this treaty closes to end you are informed with a text to take your measures because around 420 - 418 Athens signed a peace treaty with it , Elis and MAntineia and the BAttle of MAntineia takes place. An Athenian army will spawn in MAntineia in turn 58 and if you defeated it in the same turn Elis , MAntineia will be subjugated and Argos will sign a new (fragile ) peace treaty."
    So declaring war before the truce ends, is not possible.When truce ends you will be notified and you can proceed declaring war.

For recruitment caps.
    Another possibility could be that you have built too many barracks. Barracks drain caps (keeping your hoplites in guard duties) Try removing some barracks (warning you will loose the PO bonus they provide). If this doesn;t wark you can send me your save game file to check myself
    Cheers
    I forgot to respond to this. .On my channel I even discussed the error and the fix. I needed to remove all my barracks structures and recruitment was normal again

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Ok try to built up your caps by creating farms and other buildings. Those extra caps can be used for new Barracks while you can recruit AOR units for fighting or the caps that you can spare

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I suppose you are declaring war on Argos. I quote from the manual
    "ARGOS 30 YEARS TRUCE TREATY
    Added the Argive truce script. When you are not playing as Argos it will remain neutral until 420 BC (very important for the Spartan campaign)
    In History Argos was protected until 420 BC from a previous treaty of 30 years neutrality (which ended in 420) . So you cannot declare war to Argos or Argos to anyone. When this treaty closes to end you are informed with a text to take your measures because around 420 - 418 Athens signed a peace treaty with it , Elis and MAntineia and the BAttle of MAntineia takes place. An Athenian army will spawn in MAntineia in turn 58 and if you defeated it in the same turn Elis , MAntineia will be subjugated and Argos will sign a new (fragile ) peace treaty."
    So declaring war before the truce ends, is not possible.When truce ends you will be notified and you can proceed declaring war.
    OK, very well, but why are the Argives sending me champions and agents each turn, trying to kill my champions and agents? I find this very unfair and, as Spartan, almost unbearable! Dammit!

One thing is sure: when I can put my hands on Argos, they will learn the actual meaning of the verb "slaughtering"!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    OK, very well, but why are the Argives sending me champions and agents each turn, trying to kill my champions and agents? I find this very unfair and, as Spartan, almost unbearable! Dammit!

One thing is sure: when I can put my hands on Argos, they will learn the actual meaning of the verb "slaughtering"!
    I find the best way to deal with agents . Is to use diplomats and spies and persuade them to join yoyr faction. Once your agent gets good at it you will soon find yourself with too many agents and then the AI can"t do much to you. At that point champions are most effective for just killing them. Perhaps you can use a mod that removed agent recruitment...not sure if it is compatible.

The agent spam can be really annoying at times but it can be really effective especially with movement ranges if a skilled champion is attached to your army.

Imagine that I reduced the number of agents allowed. I don't know how the Ai bypasses my tricks sometimes..
    P.s I too hate Argos in this game. Melos also..

Imagine that I reduced the number of agents allowed. I don't know how the Ai bypasses my tricks sometimes..
    The AI definitely appears capable of recruiting more agents than it should but I think this is a core issue with Rome 2 and not Hellenika.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Why is Melos so mean!!? What did you do to them Phalangitis? They are so aggressive.

I think its a problem in Rome 2 its self. The AI seems to be able to ignore a lot of player game mechanics
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    Why is Melos so mean!!?
    Because we wanted to give you an excuse to annihilate them and slaughter the islands' population. "The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must"
    (Although Melos is not so weak here..)

I tried many things to make Melos weak. I even enforced a scripted effect that keeps their total caps lowered than the rest. The AI personality given is of the weakest behavior. No matter what i did they always remained unhistorical aggressive.. I guess as M@x said is a nuisance that makes the player hates them witch leads to their destruction as it should in a historical play through..

Libertus

I think that the Peace of Nicias technology is bugged because i was playing the boitian league and when it happend i did make peace with Athen but then i was at war with Sparta and alll his allies even if i'm not a puppet of Athen

Not bugged i just became a subject of Athen but i don't know why because in the diplomacy screen, it show me that I'm stronger than Athen how may I be able to make a white peace ?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 07, 2018 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Double Posting.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Any fix available for hoplites when they run in formation they have no spear?

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    I think that the Peace of Nicias technology is bugged because i was playing the boitian league and when it happend i did make peace with Athen but then i was at war with Sparta and alll his allies even if i'm not a puppet of Athen

Not bugged i just became a subject of Athen but i don't know why because in the diplomacy screen, it show me that I'm stronger than Athen how may I be able to make a white peace ?
    This I'm not sure...I only played with Beotia once and I was intentionally unlocking democratic technology to be aligned with Athens

My greetings to the authors!
    There is a question: How to return the fog of war?
    Please give information or indicate a resource where you can find out about it.
    Respectfully!

eureka!!!!

Icon9 Re: Bug Reports

I found a major bug in vanilla Wrath Of Sparta that I haven't seen being addressed anywhere. The bug is that generals do not get the weapon damage bonus to the bodyguard unit when their zeal increases (all factions are affected).

So I would like to ask if the mod Hellenika actually addresses or even fixes this problem. You can check it quickly with a new game, just recruit Pausanias of Sparta (he starts with 4 or 5 zeal i think) and check the weapon damage.

I am tortured for days, even tried to access the game files and I only found a table that links the number of the Zeal attribute with the effect. I don't see any specific reason why it only affects Wrath of Sparta though (also affects Roman factions of the IA and CiG DLCs)

I found a bug, agent's skill trees have no bonuses or effects whatsoever, (also looks like they've been expanded since the last time I played?) i've tried with athens, sparta and boeoria, everybody has the same issue, I'm currently in a clean save with no other mods besides the updated part1 and parts 2 and 3 from steam, anybody knows what may be causing it and how to fix it? thanks in advance, anyway here's an image to illustrate it:

Same problem here

Hi. My General Bodyguard doesn't replenish. ever. None of my units replenish actually (yes, I'm sitting on my capital and only city, Thebes). Is this supposed to be this way? Other than this bug, I'm loving this incredible mod. Please help?

Edit: I'm using the 5-part version of the mod. maybe that explains something?

I don't know if this is a bug, but can someone explain why after being defeated while assaulting a town, my armies were deleted instead of withdrawing? They still had about 50% strength and the commanders were alive, now they have all just disappeared from the campaign map, generals dead. I gave the withdraw order in battle to every unit and we escaped, I don't know why I have to lose my armies. Doesn't even seem realistic to me, I don't get it.
    Last edited by Oliver27; December 07, 2022 at 05:28 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789