Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Bug Reports

Feel free to post whatever bugs you may encounter in your experience

Default Re: Bug Reports

i couldn't find a specific question forum so i decided to write it in the bugs section. this mod has been really well done. it runs smooth, only found 1 or 2 things that i'd like to mention on here. 1) for some reason i accidentally select my units when i don't mean too during battles and move them by accident. 2) and after a battle i can't retrain the units. it always says cannot train due to recent events, and i read the manual and read about that. but how long do we have to wait? thanks

and great job on the mod. it's 100x's better than vanilla rome total war. why can't ca learn from the modding community?

Hi i just answered than on steam but will answer here also for the others to see

"By retrain you mean replenish right? Replenishment is disabled everywhere except your home region. You can only replenish there. When away try using AOR units , mercs or recruit new units and merge them with the damaged ones.Merging needs to select 2 units and press control + M . It is a bit more expensive but faster than replenishment"

I've been playing Hellenika all weekend got to say I've been loving all the changes you guys have done but I think I may of found one bug. I'm playing a Spartian campaign and during battles when I select hoplite units the voices yell out "Pikes" or "Pikemen at the ready". Other then the unit confused hoplites all your new features have been working quite nicely!!

Yes this is a known issue. You see when we had hoplites listed as spearmen the Ai was deploying them a bit strangely. When we changed thir class to pike the Ai started deploying them in a line as it should. The only drawback opn this was them shouting pikemen every now or then.. It is an acceptable bug because the other way arround Ai does a messy job in army formations.
    Thanks for reporting .

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

OK, seems I've found a couple of bugs.

When playing a Koinon Boioton campaign, an attempt to recruit a spy in the opening round results in a CTD. I should perhaps mention that I also got a CTD a long way into a battle for the Athenian city of Kalkis. I had just moved the camera to the other side of city when it happened. This may not have anything to do with Hellenika, however. Just have not experienced that sort of thing elsewhere in R2TW. If related to Hellenika, it could be difficult to pinpoint the exact reason for it.

The other bug comes a few turns into the campaign when playing as Argos. Clicking on "Next turn" then, seemingly when the AI tries to calculate what will happen on Athens' turn, results in a CTD. Happened for two campaigns in a row.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    OK, seems I've found a couple of bugs.

When playing a Koinon Boioton campaign, an attempt to recruit a spy in the opening round results in a CTD. I should perhaps mention that I also got a CTD a long way into a battle for the Athenian city of Kalkis. I had just moved the camera to the other side of city when it happened. This may not have anything to do with Hellenika, however. Just have not experienced that sort of thing elsewhere in R2TW. If related to Hellenika, it could be difficult to pinpoint the exact reason for it.

The other bug comes a few turns into the campaign when playing as Argos. Clicking on "Next turn" then, seemingly when the AI tries to calculate what will happen on Athens' turn, results in a CTD. Happened for two campaigns in a row.
    I can really say nothing about Kalkis city cause I've never played that battle and maybe this can be CA bug but what I'm sure is that the others CTD you mentioned are 99,99% sure that is not Hellenika fault. In more than 10 betas even more than 20 ones I just experienced less than 5 CTDs and this would be considered as random ones. So it's almost imposible to be Hellenika mod.

1)Are you using other mods? (I do mostly for UI cards, or battle graphics and see above my results about ctds...)
    2) There's a recent upgrade for Nvidia GPUs. Have you upgraded your G. card?

Cheers!

yeah we never had any Ai turn ctd's or whatever. Please give us a list of mods beeing used. if no mods were used then please send me the save game file to check.Thanks

I forgot to mention that in the first case, I had no mod other than Hellenika and its music mod installed and activated, and in the second case, only Hellenika selected. To be precise, other mods were placed in the data folder, but all registered by the mod manager had been deactivated.

But I realized that some of my mods placed in the data folder were perhaps not registered as installed due to them being of movie format. These cannot be deactivated, of course. So I manually removed all mods from data folder. And deactivated those automatically re-downloaded (as subscribed) from Steam. And then I updated my graphics drivers as suggested by Tenerife_Boy.

Result: no difference to either cases - other than in the Argos case, it now seemed to reach the turn for Koinon Boioton before crashing (maybe the AI was trying to recruit a spy).

So I have attached the auto-saved file for the latter campaign. Clicking on "End turn" from that state of the game produces the aforementioned CTD.

Don't know what to normally expect from playing the vanilla Wrath of Sparta DLC, as I have little experience of it (for my recolouring project, I just started some campaigns in order to see how the given faction appeared on the campaign map), but in other scenarios, I have not gotten into this type of trouble so far. It may still lie on my end, as you guys suggest, but if this is so, I know less what to do about it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 04, 2016 at 07:58 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Thanks i will look into it but from what i heard from various sources movie format mods can cause problems even after manual delete. Sometimes a complete uninstall/ re-install is required. I have heard this from multiple people and dresdden also is mentioning it in DEI threads. That is the way i never used some of those mods even if some appear interesting like the close combat mod.
    Will look your save today and report back. Thanks Demokritos.

Democritos i tested it and no crash. Probably the Movie files are making your life difficult
    Pics of the next turn

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

I'll be damned! Well, that's positive news. Means that I may be able to do something about it.

Thanks a bunch for your help, Phalangitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    I'll be damned! Well, that's positive news. Means that I may be able to do something about it.

Thanks a bunch for your help, Phalangitis.
    Despite I've been using and right now I actually do, movie format mods with any kind of problem, a friend of mine should had to reinstall Rome 2 due to the same problem you are having. This movie formats are kinda random in effectiveness as I see.

Good luck and hope to see you soon again reporting about your campaign experience!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

GEM can cause issues if you are using that or have used it during your current install. Movie packs aren't an issue if you remove them, but GEM has more files than just a pack which can cause issues.

Thanks MAg i did not know this about GEM. What is the solution on this?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    Thanks MAg i did not know this about GEM. What is the solution on this?
    Remove all the GEM files and reinstall them i think.

Its not that common, ive only heard of a 2-3 people who've had this problem.

I found it odd that movie files could potentially cause trouble to the game even after they've been removed from the data folder. But I have not tested GEM yet, even though I've been meaning to do it (as recommended by a friend of mine). And now I followed the advice given here and completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game (along with the non-Steam version of Hellenika, as opposed to the Steam-ed one earlier). And what do you know: no more CTDs in the Argonian campaign!

So it might have been one movie file or other that did it, after all. Upon thinking about it, I see the theoretical possibility that they can change other files that could cause trouble (in certain scenarios, like when playing a mod for the WoS campaign) and this change remaining in effect after the removal of the movie files. Can't be sure, though.

In any case, after Magnar's input, I doesn't seem to be a good idea to give GEM a try. The great Hellenika mod is finally working for me. Don't want to take chances with that operation.

Thanks for this advice, guys.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 07, 2016 at 02:34 AM.

Persian Champions can't be trained, dignitaries and spies work OK. As side note, it would be much nicer if all Persian unit cards were in similar style, some artistic vision that makes combination of Persian units, local Anatolian units and Greek mercs aesthetic pleasure.

In naval battles ships sometime refuse to ram or otherwise attack enemy ships that have already engaged in battle, but that's probably engine problem, not mod bug.

We plan to redo all cards. We just hastely released to catch the "deadline"..
    CAnt be trained meaning they cannot gain new abilities or improve their skills ?
    Yes the other stuff are engine problems

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    CAnt be trained meaning they cannot gain new abilities or improve their skills ?
    Well, neither. The program keeps telling that Champ has aqcuired new skill, but doesn't give anything to choose from.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast