Thread: Im Looking years now for a free game with dwarfs!

Default Im Looking years now for a free game with dwarfs!

Im Looking years now for a free game..
    Since games cost much for those who dont have lots of money.... is there a free game that is based on madieval times..looks like skyrim, albion online or lord of the rings?
    what i want to game to have

1. Dwarfs!
    2. fighting
    3. crafting
    4. army control
    5. resources
    6. lvl up not needed

not all choices will be need..thats what i like and the game doesnt have to have them all in it

i know im asking to much but any help is welcomed.

Default Re: Im Looking years now for a free game with dwarfs!

Dwarf Fortress has it all. But you have to forget about the looks, and the gameplay is nothing like Skyrim etc.

My first thought was Dwarf Fortress as well The graphics are literally non-existant (even though there are nice graphical kits out there, google helps!)

Another free game that was Dwarves, fighting, army control and (to some extent) resources: Battle for Wesnoth - https://www.wesnoth.org/

It is a hex-based strategy game with pretty solid tactical depth. Some of the campaigns are nice, too!
    Chronicles of Cimmeria - A Kimmerios Bosporos AAR (EB2)
    The Age of Peace - A TW: Warhammer Empire AAR
    Blood Red Eagle - The Sons of Lodbrok Invasion of Northumbrialand [complete]
    Machines - A Sci-Fi Short Story [complete]

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Second Wesnoth. Dwarf Fortress will make you kill yourself if you play it too long.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Dwarf Fortress is very hard to get into at first but its so incredibly deep!
    Fights are very detailed and even account in fat and muscular tissue, very very interesting.

I reccomend you to start with the "lazy newb pack" and watch alot of tutorials.

When Playing Dwarf Fortress be sure of one essential thing : you. are. going. to. die!

Trust me, im still a noob after 1 year of on and off playing but this game is more rewarding than any recent triple A titel.
    give it a shot

theres even a 3d mod that renders graphics.

Protector Domesticus

Got to love dwarf fortress, though i still kinda cheat whenever i play it.