Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Unlock non-playable factions with Assembly Kit and PFM

Default Re: Unlock non-playable factions with Assembly Kit and PFM

Ok. Try the same method to fix the "dy_your_house", although I don't think that is the problem, something else is missing.

Ah k will do that now, so in addition to copying the faction_political parties and political_parties files and also folders I'll include the names, names_groups and name_list etc

Tried it..and it worked somewhat: all non-royal family members, and all randomly generated/seeded characters seemto now pull their names properly from the custom_namegroup assigned to the faction...but those characters don't....going to add the "characters startpos file as well and see what happens?

It works well? How curious... Regarding the family, can it be some "starpos_characters" option? I have never created groups of names, I haven't needed them, I can't assure you where the fail comes from. By the way, in the process to fix the bug "dy_your_house", I always include all tables, except the "startpos", if you want try to see what happens... But the rest should be all, it's a failure of the Assembly Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    It works well? How curious... Regarding the family, can it be some "starpos_characters" option? I have never created groups of names, I haven't needed them, I can't assure you where the fail comes from. By the way, in the process to fix the bug "dy_your_house", I always include all tables, except the "startpos", if you want try to see what happens... But the rest should be all, it's a failure of the Assembly Kit.
    Oh my gosh you are a live-saver....yep, I copied all files/folders this time and it worked perfectly...You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! thanks a ton again Miguel!

You're welcome. I'm glad it works well for you. It was not necessary copy the "startpos" tables, right?

There is a mod I like using but 2 of the new factions that are unlocked don't have offices. How can I fix this?

Hello. I don't understand what you are referring to. What two factions are and which offices are you talking to me about?

The two factions that were unlocked with this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...30&searchtext=
    Munster and Bohemia were unlocked but the offices for them don't work. How can I fix them. I editing it for my own use.thanks.

It is changed in the "commander_unit_permissions" table but with the Assembly Kit before compiling the .PACK file, if you modify it through the PFM the game doesn't recognize the new bodyguard unit and the existing generals can not be moved. In the version I sent you the same thing happens? The solution is rename the bodyguard unit as in the vanilla.

It is the same in the version you sent me. I need to rename the bodyguard unit? why are these two factions affected but not Sicily? Their offices system work.

If you change the name they can't be moved in strat map. For generals already created, they must have the vanilla bodyguard unit.

I am sorry but you can help me how to add mercenary pool unit array for Langobard. I was stuck in creating it because Langobard dont have mercenary pool unit array. And the start pos process failed that i cannot open ( i am doing my mod base on http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?782243-Tutorial-Creating-amp-Editing-Unit-Recruitment so i hope you can help me fix the error about start pos. TKs and appreciate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ngjqd2VU5E

Maybe this can be useful too

Quote Originally Posted by edgarroberto View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ngjqd2VU5E

Maybe this can be useful too
    Why don't you open your thread and publish your videos of YouTube?

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

Hey
    I was trying to make a faction playable for 1212 ad kingdom mod, but in the startpos only vanilla name are displayed
    (same issue with th assembly kit, I can do what I need only for vanilla game)
    Any reason why I cannot see the faction mod name instead of vanilla ones ?
    Last edited by Gondolin; April 22, 2021 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
    Hey
    I was trying to make a faction playable for 1212 ad kingdom mod, but in the startpos only vanilla name are displayed
    (same issue with th assembly kit, I can do what I need only for vanilla game)
    Any reason why I cannot see the faction mod name instead of vanilla ones ?

Hey, did you ever happen to get this to work?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567