Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Unlock non-playable factions with Assembly Kit and PFM

Default Unlock non-playable factions with Assembly Kit and PFM

1st place in the Warscape Engine in 2016 Modding Awards

Hello everyone. If the Assembly Kit program, when generated the .PACK file, has not unlocked a non-playable faction that you added, you have to resort to the old trick to unlock it manually in "startpos.esf" file. The steps are as follows:

STEP 1

First, go to this section and find your faction: "\CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\CAMPAIGN_PLAYERS_SETUP\PLAYERS_ARRAY\PLAYERS_ARRAY - #\CAMPAIGN_PLAYER_SETUP\". Later, change False to True in 3rd line.

Go to "\CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\FACTION_INFOS\FACTION_INFOS - #\" and change False to True in 2nd and 3rd line.

The same operation must be made in this section (they are same): "\CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\COMPRESSED_DATA\..."

STEP 2

Now, locate this section and change False to True in 3rd line:
    "\CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\COMPRESSED_DATA\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_SETUP\CAMPAIGN_PLAYERS_SETUP\PLAYERS_ARRAY\PLAYERS_ARRAY - #\CAMPAIGN_PLAYER_SETUP"

STEP 3

Finally, find the section FACTION_ARRAY in this large path:
    "\CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\COMPRESSED_DATA\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION_ARRAY - #\FACTION\CAMPAIGN_PLAYER_SETUP\"

And change again the False to True in 3rd line.

Now, save the file .PACK and you new faction will already be available. I remember it must have the "political_parties" and "faction_political_parties_junctions" tables in your packaging. I recommend the Pack File Manager program.

Spoiler for Sample in campaign

Also, to disable the symbol of any playable faction in selection menu for space problems. You must do the following:

In the section "\CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\CAMPAIGN_PLAYERS_SETUP\PLAYERS_ARRAY\PLAYERS_ARRAY - #\CAMPAIGN_PLAYER_SETUP\" change True to False in 3rd line.

Spoiler for Sample of menu

I hope the tutorial serve you something. Best regards.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; December 06, 2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Updated

Default Re: Unlock non-playable factions when Assembly Kit fails

You can also unlock a faction only with these 3 tables, omitting others that sometimes tend to be conflictive (as "start_pos_character").

Modifies the "political_parties", "faction_political_parties_junctions" and "start_pos_factions" tables.

political_parties
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

faction_political_parties_junctions

start_pos_factions

Now, select the option "Export single table(s)" and select the tables for export:

Open the "BOB.AssemblyKit" program and select again the three tables. In "start_pos_factions" choose only your campaign. What is selected automatically, don't touch it.

The game will automatically start and if you start to hear some sounds of troops, means that the process is working correctly. It only remains to wait a moment.

Final result, faction unlocked:

Last edited by Miguel_80; April 09, 2017 at 10:01 PM.

The "start_pos_characters" table can be changed later and add more things with the "starting_positions" form.

starting_positions

And it's only necessary to add the tables where changes have occurred:

To resolve the bug of "DY_YOUR_HOUSE" label in family tree panel, follow these steps.

Copy this table files in this folder, before execute the BOB program: "...\Total War Attila\assembly_kit\raw_data\EmpireDesignData\campaigns\YOUR_CAMPAIGN\

STEP 1

STEP 2

RESULT:

daniel_srif's Avatar Foederatus

Hi this post is awesome! Just what I was looking for. Can you write a full tutorial on how to enable minor factions using Assembly Kit. Ive been trying to make Nobatia into Egypt by giving them Alexandria, Berenice and Oxyrynchus. BOB keeps crashing when it comes to processing start_pos/ Havent tried following this tutorial yet but will do and let you know.

daniel_srif's Avatar Foederatus

It works! Thanks for writing this!

Hello daniel_srif. I'm glad that the tutorial has been useful for you. With the "starting_positions" form is easy make such modifications.

For some reason, instead of getting att_politics_*****_ruler/council in the political_party_key column drop down menu (factions_political_parties_junctions table) I am getting att_fact_*****_ruler/council. (despite the fact that I have added the att_politics_*****_ruler/council rows in the political_parties table)

Tried to do it with PMF same thing happened.

Hello spH3RiCal. I don't have that problem, I will investigate. By the way, What version of Assembly Kit are you using?

Could this work for older games like STW2 and FOTS?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this tool/resource has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your tool/resource.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

So i have a little problem: I've tried to do this but when i export the startpos.esf it takes 6H. I already tried to reinstall the assembly kit but nothing change.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_srif View Post
    It works! Thanks for writing this!
    How did you do exaclty ? Because it keep crashing for me
    Last edited by Frunk; June 29, 2017 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Double posts merged.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Bro so sorry but does this tutorial work on the grand campaign, and TLR? For the grand campaign itself has a different selection on each faction. For example Barbarian Kingdom

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

I added new faction. Game starts but crashes when I try to start a campaign. It happens to every faction when mod is enabled. What could cause it?

I made a non-playable faction "playable" , the roman empire, to TLR. But when I click on it in the selections screen it just says its the roman expedition, and when I play as it, its literally the roman expedition. Nothing different about it.

I followed both guide, the startpos.esf, and the "political parties , faction_political_paarties_junction, start_pos" guide.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

then you probably didnt made it playable xD. Take a look at Magnars tutorials. My problem was I wasnt making startpos trough BoB properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLhtQ-DVSDc

Gyan-Avspar's Avatar Foederatus
    Islamic Republic of Iran,Mazandaran,Chalus

Really good,thank you very much for this and the same for Converting ruined cities to normal ones.

Libertus

You are a scholar and a gentleman my good sir. Thank you for this most innovative and expedient approach to an otherwise tedious process. I am already relishing the joys of commanding the mighty Kingdom of Mercia in the Age of Vikings mod. Thank you again. Cheers,

Lucius Vorenus

You're welcome. I'm glad that the tutorial was useful for you.

Greetings

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast