Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: HTW Council Hotseat - Pitch / Discussion Thread

Default Re: HTW Council Hotseat - Pitch / Discussion Thread

THJ has asked me to swap him out of army recruitment and in to strategic military. So we now have a guy to tell me where to put the army, we just need a council member for the his old job instead.

So, the job of choosing what units are trained and where is now up for grabs. If you ever wanted to destroy the army from the inside, or make enemies of the treasurer / strategist / construction chief all in one glorious post, now's your chance!

(my first Cabinet reshuffle, and I've only been here less than 24 hours... How's that for politics?)
    Last edited by VictorAYorke; March 19, 2016 at 04:02 PM.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

This actually sounds really interesting.

for the faction, I would recommend The Kingdom of Hyrule. This is because they are probably the most balanced and best working faction, thus you will have less frustrating problems, which is important considering this effort might take some time.

I would offer to play, but I lack the latest version of Hyrule Total War and don't feel like downloading it all.
    Still, I am interested in seeing how this goes, so hope you guys don't mind that I'm posting this comment, even though I am not playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    This actually sounds really interesting.

for the faction, I would recommend The Kingdom of Hyrule. This is because they are probably the most balanced and best working faction, thus you will have less frustrating problems, which is important considering this effort might take some time.

I would offer to play, but I lack the latest version of Hyrule Total War and don't feel like downloading it all.
    Still, I am interested in seeing how this goes, so hope you guys don't mind that I'm posting this comment, even though I am not playing.
    Thanks for the input, and it's no problem commenting without joining.

EDIT - Can we have more suggestions for the faction to play as? I'm tracking peoples' options, seeing what's the most popular.
    Last edited by VictorAYorke; March 19, 2016 at 07:08 PM.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

Ordona for the goatz.

"But scarecrow, we only need two hundred goats! What should we do with this horde of four thousands you rmbezzled funds to raise?!"

"Dealwithit."

Soron's Avatar Tiro
    Throne room, in a castle, on a floating island, Somewhere on the flat Earth.

Kingdom of Hyrule would be a logical choice to start at.

(even if Stalfos/Wizzorbe/Twili/Gohma are more fun)
    Last edited by Soron; March 19, 2016 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soron View Post
    Kingdom of Hyrule would be a logical choice to start at.

(even if Stalfos/Wizzorbe/Twili/Gohma are more fun)
    I put you down as suggesting all of those, just in case.

Any more for any more?

If no one else says Zora/Lanayru I'll change my vote to Wizzrobe
    Sign the petition to remove the hardcoded limits from M2TW
    https://www.change.org/p/creative-as...t_created=true

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Labrynna, Ikana, Darknut, or RZ are my torn-betweens.

I'd honestly think we'd have more fun playing the 'unorthodox' types, like Stalfos or Shekiah.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

@Tedster
    I've added Wizzrobe to your suggestions. There's no maximum number of factions you can put forward, either way!

@THJ
    Made categories for Labrynna, Ikana, Daknut, Zola and Sheikah, added you to the Stalfos supporters.

@Faction choices
    I'm suggesting Lanayru (I know how to play them), Hyrule (canon protagonists and all), Ordona (good income, also Goats For The Goat Lords), Twili (might play out quite interesting), and Labrynna (isolated start position means we can work out what we're doing before we get spammed by Hyrule or similar)

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Stalfos and Sheikah have a sucky start tough, I have also chosen to retract my vote for the Twili, there is a bug at the moment that destroys the Mirror Gate, pretty much ruining them.

I vote for either Hyrule, Labrynna, or Ikana. Be wary, should Ordona win there shall be bestiality jokes.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Okay, so our top 3 options are...

Hyrule (5)
    Ordona (3)
    Labrynna (3)

Lanayru, Stalfos, Wizzrobe, Twili and Ikana are trailing along on 2 each.

Anyone else want to chip in? Or do we settle with what we have?

MattAttack010's Avatar Foederatus

can I try and manage population growth or be another idea man, unless the spot is taken.

MattAttack010's Avatar Foederatus

and for factions Lizalfos or Sheikah are my votes.

Quote Originally Posted by MattAttack010 View Post
    and for factions Lizalfos or Sheikah are my votes.
    I also say a Shieka, Wizzrobe or Ikana campaign could be good. But as for chaotic/evil factions, I say River Zora or Moblins.

Soron's Avatar Tiro
    Throne room, in a castle, on a floating island, Somewhere on the flat Earth.

If Sheika win then we need to either cheat or to play in easy difficulty if we don't want to have a -3000 dept while hyrule attack our capital at turn 8.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Guys, you sense you all have a specific job to do whatever faction you take needs actually have an economy, buldings, settlements, ect. Otherwise, most of you won't have a lot to do.

If you play as a faction like the Stalfos, then this won't work, they don't have an economy or a real empire or buildings.

And I am not sure the Shiekah would be good either. I don't quite remember how they have changed, but I still wouldn't bet on them working very well or being able to take on other empires in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Soron View Post
    If Sheika win then we need to either cheat or to play in easy difficulty if we don't want to have a -3000 dept while hyrule attack our capital at turn 8.
    As the Sheika;
    If you send your troops to attack what ever Hyrule is attacking. Then your reputation with Hyrule will rise. And Hyrule will never attack you. At least that's how it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    Guys, you sense you all have a specific job to do whatever faction you take needs actually have an economy, buldings, settlements, ect. Otherwise, most of you won't have a lot to do.

If you play as a faction like the Stalfos, then this won't work, they don't have an economy or a real empire or buildings.

And I am not sure the Shiekah would be good either. I don't quite remember how they have changed, but I still wouldn't bet on them working very well or being able to take on other empires in a fight.
    We may want to wait until Neph releases the next version of HTW. Which will buff the economy of each faction in several ways. Like changing the cost of Troop Recruitment and troop upkeep. Plus other ways. Like what is stated with the Gerudo. And on the matter of Gerudo. They will probably play differently when the new version of HTW comes out.

Hopefully, These planned changes will be applied to all factions in the next update. And not just to a few factions. Because the current version of HTW is a bit...... Problematic as it is. I my self am looking forward to the changes to all faction. Because I like what Neph has Presented so far for The Kingdom of Hyrule and the Gerudo. Also I like so far the other changes Neph has "show cased" for the Gohma and other factions.
    Last edited by Eldren; March 20, 2016 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    As the Sheika;
    If you send your troops to attack what ever Hyrule is attacking. Then your reputation with Hyrule will rise. And Hyrule will never attack you. At least that's how it worked for me.

We may want to wait until Neph releases the next version of HTW. Which will buff the economy of each faction in several ways. Like changing the cost of Troop Recruitment and troop upkeep. Plus other ways. Like what is stated with the Gerudo. And on the matter of Gerudo. They will probably play differently when the new version of HTW comes out.

Hopefully, These planned changes will be applied to all factions in the next update. And not just to a few factions. Because the current version of HTW is a bit...... Problematic as it is. I my self am looking forward to the changes to all faction. Because I like what Neph has Presented so far for The Kingdom of Hyrule and the Gerudo. Also I like so far the other changes Neph has "show cased" for the Gohma and other factions.
    The only problem is, that's exactly what killed THJ and Avi's main hotseat dead.

And I'm not sure what Neph's priorities are right now, but seeing as we got effectively placeholder unit stats for the winter's full release, and he's returned to cinematics and Players Guide sections since then, I'm not sure if we'll get a reasonably balanced game version for this summer.

So, if we stop and wait for a good balance for HTW, we either shelve this whole idea for 3-9 months (meaning it dies completely) or we have to set up the whole balance system ourselves.

I say we continue with the game as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorAYorke View Post
    The only problem is, that's exactly what killed THJ and Avi's main hotseat dead.

And I'm not sure what Neph's priorities are right now, but seeing as we got effectively placeholder unit stats for the winter's full release, and he's returned to cinematics and Players Guide sections since then, I'm not sure if we'll get a reasonably balanced game version for this summer.

So, if we stop and wait for a good balance for HTW, we either shelve this whole idea for 3-9 months (meaning it dies completely) or we have to set up the whole balance system ourselves.

I say we continue with the game as it is.
    In that case. Playing as Hyrule is the safest bet.
    Plus, why not start with the main Characters/Faction that all most all LOZ games are about.
    Not to mention, the Kingdom of Hyrule has the highest vote count right now.

Playing as Hyrule then. It's the clear winner in the polls, for one thing.

We still need council members for Recruitment and Religion though! Any volunteers?

Finally, we may have a moderately entertaining idea on how to fight tac battles:
    --The Tactical player gets a look at the units available in the battle.
    --They then write out a plan on how to fight the battle.
    --The GM then fights the battle, using the plan the Tactical player wrote, and deviating as little as possible...

What do we think of this? If it meets with approval, we can also appoint a Tactical Battles guy.

I know Matt, Warlord, Soron, Scarecrow and Darnok all showed some interest... Any of you want a more prominent position?