Thread: Growth of population

Default Growth of population

hello sir,how can I increase the growth of the population,as it is always to 0 ??
    In which file I must go in?

apollon's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Growth of population

data\descr_settlement_mechanics.xml
    But it's complicated to edit. You can just copy a xml from another mod. I did that, and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by apollon View Post
    data\descr_settlement_mechanics.xml
    But it's complicated to edit. You can just copy a xml from another mod. I did that, and it works fine.
    Can you show us what parts i should copy paste

apollon's Avatar Libertus

I just copied the entire descr_settlement_mechanics.xml over, from one folder to the other. I didn't edit the file itself.

Could someone upload the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml file from v1.5.1 please?

Here you go descr_settlement_mechanics.rar

-Regards,
    Wiaf

Be aware that after applying this your savegames won't work anymore. I had to restart my campaign.

-Regards,
    Wiaf

Thanks Wiaf am getting crazy population growth now!

Quote Originally Posted by ClayDavisUK View Post
    Thanks Wiaf am getting crazy population growth now!
    My chaos dwarf towns are at 0.5 and 1.5 as well now

Nice !! With this will u be able to upgrade city walls and defense tower so ?

Hum just test this method , growth is good now but no way to improve size of town with wall and defense improvment anyone got a tip about this ? : )

Quote Originally Posted by Derner13 View Post
    Nice !! With this will u be able to upgrade city walls and defense tower so ?
    Hum just test this method , growth is good now but no way to improve size of town with wall and defense improvment anyone got a tip about this ? : )
    Yes, as long as you hit and pass the population thresholds for your cities/castles.

- to find the next threshold: open up your building browser in-game (B button with a city selected) and hover your mouse over the population number - if a mouse over text appears it will tell you the next threshold.

If there is no mouse-over text, then the city/castle is at it's max-wall upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajpav View Post
    Yes, as long as you hit and pass the population thresholds for your cities/castles.

- to find the next threshold: open up your building browser in-game (B button with a city selected) and hover your mouse over the population number - if a mouse over text appears it will tell you the next threshold.

If there is no mouse-over text, then the city/castle is at it's max-wall upgrade.
    Thanks ! Seems i have a city where mouse is not working and this city is still with wood wall and 15k ppl inside

Thanks ! Seems i have a city where mouse is not working and this city is still with wood wall and 15k ppl inside

Hum i can see what u mean , but not working for some cities and also not able to improve ANY WALL....:/ Any got a solution or an explication ?!