Thread: modding accuracy for ranged units

Default modding accuracy for ranged units

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knows where to edit accuracy for the ranged units in the game based on the new text files just released, or rather if its even possible with those files.

And if its possible to edit accuracy for individual units, not just generic ranged types of ammo... I worded that poorly but you must know what I meant...

Thanks in advance...

Go Cubbies!

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default Re: modding accuracy for ranged units

Moved to Text Editing and Scripting.

AFAIK, there is no "accuracy" stat. M2TW is based on the RTW engine, so missile weapon lethality is based entirely on the attack factor of the firing unit. In other words, go into the EDU and edit the stat_pri of whatever unit you want to increase the "accuracy" .

Hope this helps.

Accuracy changes with the Experience. Just do some "Custom Battles" and you'll notice the difference between EXP 0 and EXP 9.

"Accuracy changes with the Experience. Just do some "Custom Battles" and you'll notice the difference between EXP 0 and EXP 9."

Hmm....but is that because units inflict more damage and become more lethal with high experience (as noted by DismountedInfantry) or do they really become more accurate?

For fun, you can increase lethargy of musketeers by changing their ammo type.

say, change the musket_shot to either "rocket", "basilisk_shot", "serptentine_shot" or more amusing ones like cow_carcass...

I tried out them yesterday and found these changes produces amusing results of musketeers shooting cannon balls out of their muskets.. or dead cows..