Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Age of Vikings

Default Re: Age of Vikings

Hi, this mod looks great. Is possible to have a non-stem link too?

Are you going to add new units to the new factions? Wessex could use some.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Hi all - I was making the mod Fall of Kingdoms and I've been researching a lot of for it. If you folks need any help with creating fully authentic faction rosters, feel free to let me know.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

nord13's Avatar Foederatus

I been waitin this for long time..i think help with other willing modders like Heathen Storm this will be biggest all around mod ever created..Btw Fall of Kingdoms was epic
    imo mod needs more diverse units and historical unit names ( Skull what ?! :XDD )..also i suggest bring this a solid battle balance mod (i playin since release of this mod and i see no difference with vanilla battles)
    Again thx for awsome mod..im eager to see new updates and new changes

Excellent work! This mod is much more interesting than the vanilla AoC campaign.

Played several hours last night and it is a fantastic mod! It's almost selling it short by calling it the 'Viking Age', it covers the whole era of the late 9th century very well. Well done, absolutely love all the factions and the graphics for them on the campaign map etc.

All this needs is more units and it will be truly epic! Maybe you could bribe the talented DramaBelli to help you make some units

I'd love to have more option for playable factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    Played several hours last night and it is a fantastic mod! It's almost selling it short by calling it the 'Viking Age', it covers the whole era of the late 9th century very well. Well done, absolutely love all the factions and the graphics for them on the campaign map etc.

All this needs is more units and it will be truly epic! Maybe you could bribe the talented DramaBelli to help you make some units

I'd love to have more option for playable factions.
    Think they are at max faction limit...I would like to see the Normans under Hrolf Ganger personally (and yeah Rikashey its the same dude asking.)

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Fantastic mod, this deserves a front page announcement for sure. A bit annoying still having to start from the bottom of the tech tree etc but oh well. Quite enjoying my West Francia campaign.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I see it as more things to research eh.

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

I have to recommend West Frankia as a choice of faction. I managed to bolster the kingdoms of Hispania and now the Moors have barely a foothold in the country, power is split between Asturias in the south (not sure how),Galicia in the North-West, Brittany has two settlements on the northern coast whilst Leon & Navarre occupy the center.
    Italy tried to take all of Lotharingia, I stepped in near the end and stole Uhtrect and Aachen and ended up at war with the Germans, liberated eastphalia and some other faction. Brokered peace with them with the understanding I'd attack the Italians, did and stole Provence and Burgundy from them but liberated Geneve to make a mini-switzerland.

Next on the list is the restoration of Wessex.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hi there,
    big fan of your work. I posted this on the steam page as well but, I was wondering If i could get an alternate download link? I prefer to use mitch's mod manager. Would REALLY appreciate it!

Just re-posting from the Steam forum:

This mod is litteraly amazing. I am impressed and grateful. I have one nitpicky remark that you are most welcome to disregard. I was amazed to see the Emirate of Bari on the map - I wrote my Oxford master's disseration on it!

I just wanted to say that Taranto was most certainly in Muslim hands as well at the time (occupied in either 840 or 846, and recaptured only in 880). It was not linked to Bari, but rather it enjoyed some privileged relationship with the Muslims of Sicily. I can give you full refrences in contemporary Latin chronicles if needed. If you could make it into a client state of Palermo, or simply give it to the Aghlabids, that would be amazing! Also, Spoleto was a pretty unreliable and often recalcitrant vassal of the Kingdom of Italy - in 860 its duke rebelled against Louis II and took shelter in Muslim Bari... So maybe Spoleto could be a vassal, especially given the Kingdom's faction trait? Sorry for the wishlist, and thanks again for the amazing work

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

Please add a Briton main faction cause it always seems that the Britons are always getting forgotten. It would be intreasting to have players unite the Briton people in wales and bring justice towards the crimes of those germanics

Hello Rikashey !

I dont set my Attila to automacily upgrade ( my old mod campaign not finished ) . So my game version is v1.5 .
    With my older version i can not use/play your mod .
    Can u tell mee what must modify myself ,What tables should modify that version make it compatible with older games ( v1.5)?
    thx any help !

this is exactly the time period i was looking for , can you provide a non steam link please ?

ehh nothing reply ....

no support in there?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

They're more active on steam, I'd try there.

Hey Rikashey, I've played with the Emirate of Sizilia and have a question: Could you balance the Empire of Westfrancia? After I've conquered Italy I thought it would be a good idea to help my Brothers in Spain, but some turns later Westfrancia destroyed all muslim fractions... They are much to overpowered!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast